Boxing

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I don't blame him TBH. He's clearly never going to fight again, and the fight was offered to him, so he might as well make some quick cash fighting a big name, for a title on TV. He really didn't want to end up seriously ill and poor, that's a horrible situation for anyone to be in, so I see why he decided to take the fight. My only issue is with the Athletic Commission for letting the fight go ahead. It wasn't sanctioned in NSW, yet WA decided to sanction it, why? It was obvious that Briggs wasn't fit to fight, so how could they possibly justify sanctioning it?

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
That's boxing these days though, a bunch of mismatch fights, but you don't expect them to let it go ahead when it's the main event. I'd feel ripped off if I payed my hard earned money to see that.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
So why did the WA Commission Sanction the bought in the first place. NSW refused to hence why it got moved to Perth

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
This is probably a daft question, but if a boxer is on the way down, is it legal to get in a couple more shots on him before he hits the deck?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Who is going to order the Harrison v Haye fight? I don't think it'll last long, so I might just watch the re-run they usually show about a week later. Any decent fights on the undercard?

Also, it's held in England, isn't it? They're always so much shorter than the USA events, so less value for money.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Also Audley will be knocked out inside 2 rounds.

Just so and I don't really want to spend ?15 for that - I'd rather spend it on WWE Survivor Series - I know it's all scripted, but at least you get a solid three hours entertainment for your money.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Love this quote from Ben Dirs:

And Harrison claims he is a changed man - and a much-improved fighter - from the one who has spent the last 10 years failing to deliver on his oft-repeated promises of world glory.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
All Harrison did was score a less than convincing win in Prizefighter - all he's got is another shot at the big title. He had a lot of potential, but his time has well and truly passed!

And when the heck are PacMan and Pretty Boy going to stop mucking around and get their fight on??

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I'm really looking forward to seeing the replay of it. Can't wait to see Harrisons two punches...

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
That has got to be the worst fight I've ever seen - at least the Vladimir Klitschko vs Sultan Ibragimov fight lasted a long time! Harrison hardly threw a single punch! Thankfully, someone put it on youtube - all three (3) rounds of it - I am so glad I didn't waste ?15 on that! Sky seem to show extended highlights of these events around a week later, so I'll catch that - hopefully the undercard was a bit better. Harrison talked himself up so much - I don't think I've ever seen someone fail to live up to their words so comprehensively before. He is of course finished now, at least that's what his people should be telling him - otherwise he'll end up getting hurt.

Now let's hope Haye vs Klitschko bros happens. Although not both at the same time, of course. :lol

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I desperately want the Haye-Klitschko fights to go ahead. They're easily the best three heavyweights in the world and a fight between them would be pretty awesome.

I'd back Haye to win tbh aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread