Bristol City FC -- Operation Premiership (FM08)

DPRA

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
bristol_city150px.jpg

Just months after he walked out of Droylsden after gaining them promotion from the Conference, the race to Sign Lee Sweetman as manager is over. And the Winners of the race are Bristol City FC.

The coca cola championship side said they were over the moon when they found out Lee Sweetman had agreed to sign for them.

Bristol fought off competion from Saint Pats Athletic, Stoke City, Sheffield United and conference Outfit Torquay United to sign the renowed manager.

Steve Lansdown Bristol City Chairman had this to say " We are extremly pleased that Lee has accepted us over over teams in this tough League. We thought that Lee could bring a unique touch to Bristol city in our push to gain automatic Promotion to the Premiership"

Lee Sweetman had this message off the chairman waiting for him:

Welcoming.jpg

Lee Sweetman was then approached by the board in order to tell them what he thought he could achieve this season. Lee replied with this:

Expectations.jpg

Steve then gave Lee a tour of the ground along with an introduction to the team, which looked like this:

Team-16.jpg

Lee Sweetman was then shown the friendly fixtures and the first batch of the Championship fixtures. He was in for a bit of a shock with the first friendly game...

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Great start Lee. Lee Trundle is a legend. Decent squad there, I am sure you will bring in some might fine players.

Good luck!

DPRA

International Cricketer
Sweetman secures Man Utd Youngsters

Lee Sweetman has today confirmed that he has snatched up a duo of Manchester United youngsters on Loan until the end of the season. The players he has managed to secure on loan are:

Richard Eckersley and Frazier Campbell.

Lee Sweetman said this today at a news conference "I believe that Lee and Frazer are un-believable talent, and I can't believe they were on the Transfer list at Old Trafford."

"I think they will give us the little bit of the kick we need in order to gain promotion"

When asked if he had any other Man Utd Reserves in his sights he had this to say "I do, And lets put it this way, I also have 2 Man Utd Legends in my sights...."

Here are the Profiles for Richard and Frazier:

REckersley.jpg

Fraziercampbell.jpg

Lee Sweetman then looked at the fixture List, look at who he got first pre-season :eek:

Fixtures.jpg

DPRA

International Cricketer
Sweetman in Confident Mood

After Bristol City completed a 4 game pre season Line up, Lee Sweetman is in a very confident mood ahead of the new Championship season. Bristol had friendlies with Droylsden, Swansea, Partick Thistle and Dundalk.

Today in a press conference Lee Sweetman had this to say: "Im pleased with the way pre season has gone, I think we could have won a few more games than we actually did, but based on how the players performed, I am in a very confident mood we can win the championship this year.

Here are Bristol's pre season results:

FriendlyResults.jpg

Frazier Campbell and Lee Trundle were the stars for Bristol in the pre season, both scored 2 goals, along with an assist.

The first game of the season is around the corner, and Bristol play Cardiff live on Sky Sports!

DPRA

International Cricketer
1st Game of the season vs Cardiff City -- Live on Sky sports 1

bluebirds.png

All the hype was on Bristol City as new Manager Lee Sweetman looked to make a big impact from the off as his team took on odds-on favourites Cardiff city.

Police Have turned out in numbers today for this derby game:

bristol-07.jpg

Lets have a look at the pre match Odds from Skybet:

Ods.jpg

Lee Sweetman has just announced the Bristol City Starting XI and here it is:

Team-17.jpg

No suprises that Lee goes with the Trundle, Frazier partnership up front after it went so well in pre season.

As you can see, acording to Skybet, Bristol have it all to do in this game.

And here is the Kick off.

5 minutes: Lee trundle Bursts through the Cardiff Defence, He is one on one here with the keeper... He shoots....... WIDE!!! Trundle Should have done better with that, he was one on one, all he had to do was hit the Target, what a chance for Trundle!

400x400_1188421676_spt_ai_mancvbristolcity_16.jpg

Trundle holds his head in his hands after that miss!

13 Minutes: What a ball from Lee Trundle, he lofts it over the Cardiff defence, Fraizer Campbell is underneath it.... GOAL!!! WHat a volley from Campbell, He watched it onto his foot and Smashed it top corner! What a finish! Cardiff 0-1 Bristol City.

Frazier%20Campbell2.jpg

Campbell celebrates after scoring on his Bristol league debut.

15 Minutes: A poor back pass here from Robbie Fowler... Straight to the feet of Campbell, He turns and shoots left footied..... GOALL!!!! Frazier campbell gets his second here with a left foot finish, What a start, Bristol 2 up after only 15 Minutes!!

33 Minutes: Robbie Fowler laches onto a long ball from the keeper... He slots it through to Gavin Rae... Rae surely... GOALL!!! 2-1, Gavin Rae pulls one back for Cardiff. What a ball from Robbie Fowler!

bristol-05.jpg
Gavin Rae and team celebrate after pulling one back!

And the ref blows the whistle for Half time.

Half time score...

Cardiff City 1-2 Bristol City

Last edited:

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Average Pre-Season to be honest although first game is going well and you should hopefully carry on in the game to get the win. Good luck! :)

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Nice start, KUTGW. Perhaps soon your story will win SOTM!! Ah, maybe not :p Nah keep it coming and I can't wait for you to get your bottoms slapped at the Ricoh :p

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If you don't beat these scum boys then you are a rubbish manager! :p

Nah, good work and nice to see you taking up my favourite club. Now go win something ;)...

DPRA

International Cricketer
Bristol city come out into this half, looking to hold on to there well earned lead, can they do it, Lets go over to Andy Gray and Martin Tyler to find out...

60 Minutes: The ball is slotted through to Campbell, he's on his hatrick, he lobs the keeper..... OVER!! Just over from Frazier Campbell, he thought he had his Hatrick there, Unlucky.

63 Minutes: Cardiff hit Bristol on the break here, Fowler is one on one with the keeper, He rounds him... Open net, he plays it across the box.... Mclean!!... GOOOAAALLL!!!! Cardiff back into this, Steven Mclean as cool as you like slots into an open net, Cardiff 2-2 Bristol City...

bristol-10.jpg

Cardiff rush to celebrate scoring the equiliser....

70 Mintues: Trundle is played through, he is one on one with the keeper.. He rounds the keeper.... GOOOAAALLl!!!... Wait No, Its been given as Offside, the goal will not stand!! Trundle thought he had put Bristol 3-2 up there, but the linesman says No, Looking at the replay, I think it should have been a goal there!

0,,10327~3491519,00.jpg

McIndoe thought Trundle had scored, only to find out it was offside!

90+2 Minutes: Cardiff have a corner here, this will be the last kick of the game for sure, Bristol will want to hold on for a draw... The cross comes in..... Hasslebaink rises.... GOOAAAL!!! CARDIFF WIN IT WITH THE LAST KICK OF THE GAME... HASSLEBAINK IS THE HERO FOR CARDIFF, HE ROSE HIGHEST, GOT HIS HEAD ON IT, AND FLICKED IT INTO THE TOP CORNER. CARDIFF CITY 3-2 BRISTOL CITY... HEARTBREAK FOR LEE SWEETMAN IN HIS FIRST GAME!!

90+2 minutes: And thats it, the ref brings the game to a close, Cardiff go home the winners 3-2.

Lets just confirm that result and have a look at the game stats:

Result-15.jpg

Stats-14.jpg

Now we can go down to Liz Smith, who has Lee Sweetman waiting.

Liz: "Lee, do you think the result is fair?"

Lee: "No, I don't Liz, as you can see from the stats we had more shots than Cardiff, but I am a bit annoyed with the Offside decision from the Linesman, it looked from where I am to be a goal"

Liz: "Well, we can have a look here..."

** Lee and Liz watch the Replay**

Liz: "As you can see Lee, you have very right to be annoyed, Trundle was onside when the ball was Played... What do you think about that decision?"

Lee: "Shocking, That decision cost us a point... Terrible"

Liz: "Do you think you can bounce back from this defeat against Charlton next week?"

Lee: "I will be hard, because the team will be a bit dissapointed, but Im sure if we put in a perfomance like this there, we should win"

Liz: "Thanks for your time Lee"

Liz: "Frazier Campbell also won the man of the match award with his two goals, but it wasn't enough from Bristol who conseded a last minute goal to lose the game 3-2."

DPRA

International Cricketer
Ha.

I will turn this club around!!

This is where you all come into this.

Should I do each game like the Cardiff one, or should I do each game in a simple format, Post the screen shots and a little bit of text at the bottom?

Users who are viewing this thread