Broadcast cam

Hester

County Cricketer
Broadcast cam 1 and 2 still look nothing like a broadcast. Cricket games since about 1984 have had better looking broadcast style cams. I'm wondering if BA have watched any cricket on TV and if they'll patch the camera. It's particularly bad when the spinners are on. Nothing like a broadcast.

pinku

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Broadcast cam 1 and 2 still look nothing like a broadcast. Cricket games since about 1984 have had better looking broadcast style cams. I'm wondering if BA have watched any cricket on TV and if they'll patch the camera. It's particularly bad when the spinners are on. Nothing like a broadcast.

Before saying anything if you had bothered to cycle through the cams you would see fixed close and fixed far are what you are looking for aka tv style broadcast!

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think Matt mention that they will add broadcast 3 for running cam which is like TV style broadcast and just use fixed close and then it will look like Cricket 2004.

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I think Matt mention that they will add broadcast 3 for running cam which is like TV style broadcast and just use fixed close and then it will look like Cricket 2004.

Thank goodness we need Broadcast 3 for running camera too so we can follow the ball. Yes I am using Fixed Close now, awesome camera.

Did Matt say if Broadcast 3 will stop going behind fielders for catches for those who dont do fielding like myself, I go fully assisted

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Thank goodness we need Broadcast 3 for running camera too so we can follow the ball. Yes I am using Fixed Close now, awesome camera.

Did Matt say if Broadcast 3 will stop going behind fielders for catches for those who dont do fielding like myself, I go fully assisted
Not sure but he just said that they will add broadcast 3 for running, I use fixed close cam as well because I like TV Style camera.
Not sure why Broadcast 3 wasn't added for running camera but as long as they add it then we should be alright.

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
Not sure but he just said that they will add broadcast 3 for running, I use fixed close cam as well because I like TV Style camera.
Not sure why Broadcast 3 wasn't added for running camera but as long as they add it then we should be alright.

Well agreed, but I am just thinking for edge catches for the slips, why does my camera go behind the fielders if I have fully assisted fielding. I am guessing it is for people who do field but shouldnt there be another tick box like the pro cam catch camera check box, for like tv style catch cam to get around this?

Most people do use semi or manual fielding i understand i am minority I just like the CPU doing my fielding for me.

Hester

County Cricketer
Before saying anything if you had bothered to cycle through the cams you would see fixed close and fixed far are what you are looking for aka tv style broadcast!

Before replying, you should watch a game on TV.[DOUBLEPOST=1559245070][/DOUBLEPOST]

BTW, fixed cam doesn't follow the bowler. Broadcasts on TV do.

Hester

County Cricketer

Fixed cam is not awesome. All previous cricket games for 20 years (apart from bigant games) have had a proper broadcast camera. Exactly like you see on a broadcast. As in, you see the bowler running in, it zooms out, then in. bigant have invented their own camera which is far too far out and called it broadcast cam. Fixed cam is like zx spectrum 1984 cam.

khan31

International Coach
Fixed cam is not awesome. All previous cricket games for 20 years (apart from bigant games) have had a proper broadcast camera. Exactly like you see on a broadcast. As in, you see the bowler running in, it zooms out, then in. bigant have invented their own camera which is far too far out and called it broadcast cam. Fixed cam is like zx spectrum 1984 cam.

Fully agree brother. Have these people never watched actual cricket? Camera does just as you described and follows the balls initially after it's struck the bat or gone through to the keeper. The camera then cuts if it needs to follow the ball etc.

Surely it cant be that difficult to patch a proper broadcast cam?

sjdigitall

Club Captain
One other thing that is annoying is just how quickly it cuts from the different cams while batting. For example i liked using the Fixed Close cam in Ashes Cricket and a Broadcast cam for running and it was fine.

In Cricket 19 the cut from Fixed Close to a Broadcast cam happens way to quick, almost mid-shot. For me it would just be way better if the cut was done after the shot is played. The cut mid-shot is just very jarring.

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer

With respect i i disagree strongly i love fixed close camera hope it stays

Reactions: DAP

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
You people are all nuts... having played the game myself the ONLY cameras to be used are either batting far or pro cam... reality for me is watching the bowler from a batsmans point of view, everything else is artificial ;)

Reactions: DAP

ambar_hitman

Club Captain
This. Thank god they are working on an actual camera. All other so called broadcast cams are ridiculous.

ambar_hitman

Club Captain
I will try that today. Can you give me which 3 cameras you use? This thing is very confusing. I wish they copy the International Cricket 2010 camera and give it to us.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread