Bucknor mimics Dravid on field

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

destroyersachin

Originally posted by ricky123+Jan 26 2004, 01:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ricky123 @ Jan 26 2004, 01:31 AM)</div>
Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Jan 26 2004, 01:05 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-0601731
@Jan 25 2004, 06:59 PM
mate an example for racism is that glen mcgrath gets away with anything(remeber the windies incident)whereas shoaib was banned for almost doing nothing.

I'm sorry.... where is the ICCs racism? The umpires didn't report McGrath. Therefore the ICC couldn't do anything. Still no proof.

Australians are really proud racists...south africans...english too...

Oh the irony..... that makes you racist!
B) was the nmatch referee sleeping when the incident happen with sarwan. [/b]
You said ricky....

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I never said that the Pakistan and Indian teams were worse behaved when it came to sledging.

I meant to refer to the eccessive appealing, time wasting, etc. that goes on.

And the umpires have to tell the match referee, who always reports it to the ICC. The match referee can't report a player, only the umpires can.

Still no evidence of racism from the ICC though.

E

electioneering

ICC must be sleeping if they aint taking action against such match refrees and umpires ,that dont report such big incidents(mc grath/sarwan issue).On the other hand,they support match refrees that fine 5 indian players and suspend the captain just for excessive appealing.You must be kidding if u dont beleive this is racist behaviour on ICC's behalf.
This is one true example of racism.

And atleast we asians have heard time and again for experts(commentators)that they also agree something is wrong with ICC code of conduct.
(P.S:Dont forget Dravid/Slater incident where slater was clearly swearing at dravid)

E

electioneering

And the umpires have to tell the match referee, who always reports it to the ICC. The match referee can't report a player, only the umpires can.

Thats the point ,ICC dont take a solid stand in dealing with these umpires and match refrees,wich clearly reflects their racist attitude

D

destroyersachin

Originally posted by Pat@Jan 26 2004, 02:52 PM

Thats the point ,ICC dont take a solid stand in dealing with these umpires and match refrees,wich clearly reflects their racist attitude
Agree

A

ashwinkm

Maybe as some forum members suggest , India and Pak are guilty of excessive appealing, however there is no doubt as to who is guilty of excessive sledging. I think that umpires should be strict , but equally strict to all . Does anyone remember damien fleming in the ind- aus match in sharjah in 1998 when sachin hit those two great centuries. His behaviour was atrocious , yet he got away scot free.Same for Kasprowicz. I didnt see waugh trying to stop them either .(Though I greatly respect him) A lot of people feel that the rules are more strict when it comes to some teams rather than others. The media in general seem to be a little unfair too. Can you imagine the outcry if there had been this mistake of "repairing " a pitch DURING a test match as in melbourne , if it had been played in india or pak? This is not racism, it just has to do with the power wielded by each cricketing nation. We saw the repercussions of mike denness in SA. 60-80% of all money from cricket comes from India(ads /contracts etc) IF the Indian cricket board threatens action against what it believes to be unfair rulings in the future, the way the rules are enforced may change. What it means is that the authorities will start being more lenient towards India and continue to be as they are against other less powerful cricketing nations.

R

ricky123

Originally posted by ashwinkm@Jan 26 2004, 08:14 PM
Maybe as some forum members suggest , India and Pak are guilty of excessive appealing, however there is no doubt as to who is guilty of excessive sledging. I think that umpires should be strict , but equally strict to all . Does anyone remember damien fleming in the ind- aus match in sharjah in 1998 when sachin hit those two great centuries. His behaviour was atrocious , yet he got away scot free.Same for Kasprowicz. I didnt see waugh trying to stop them either .(Though I greatly respect him) A lot of people feel that the rules are more strict when it comes to some teams rather than others.?? The media in general seem to be a little unfair too. Can you imagine the outcry if there had been this mistake of "repairing " a pitch DURING a test match as in melbourne , if it had been played in india or pak? This is not racism, it just has to do with the power wielded by each cricketing nation. We saw the repercussions of mike denness in SA. 60-80% of all money from cricket comes from India(ads /contracts etc) IF the Indian cricket board threatens action against what it believes to be unfair rulings in the future, the way the rules are enforced may change. What it means is that the authorities will start being more lenient towards India and continue to be as they are against other less powerful cricketing nations.
B) r u saying that on the fifth day of mcg test the pitch was repaired for aus.

ya it is true but waugh dint know about it.plus even though the money goes from india i dont think that india will ever try to blackmail the icc .
and i dont care what u say andrew cuz i dont have proof to back up my comments right now .
but the icc is a little bit on the brighter side.

Attachments

• ahr066.gif
    ahr066.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread