C2002 not running?

Auwais

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
It happened about a month ago that my c2002 stopped working. I can't understand why though because it shows the EA thing and then before running that EA one with the cricketers in it,it returns to the desktop?:confused: I even tried re-installing but it said it had reinstalled but all my files were still there?

Does anyone have a solution?

S

sangamm

try updating your DX version and your graphic drivers as well

Radaga

International Coach
i had this problem too and i had to get a new graphics card :(
it took me ages too so.............. good luck!

Auwais

International Coach
Well,I'm moving house soon and might get a new pc so that could solve it.

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
that is exactly my problem aswell. i got the latest DX9 aswell, and the latest drivers for Nvidia Geforce 4.

someone please help!!!

Ritwik

co-founder
I think one of the following should solve this problem:
1. Uninstal cricket 2002 from control-panel add/remove programs.
2. start the registry (run-regedit) and click on edit-find. Enter Cricket 2002 in the search box and start the search. Delete any entry of cricket 2002 that you find in the registry.
3. Update your graphics card drivers.
4. Install cricket 2002 afresh, perform a full install from the original cd rom.
5. Now run cricket 2002, WITHOUT ADDING ANY PATCHES/MODS. Check to see if it is running smoothly. Add mods only after you have checked the performance.

-Ritwik

PS: Cricket 2002 might have stopped working because of the following reasons:
You recently upgraded your graphics card
or,
Installed Windows XP service pack 1
or,
upgraded to directX9

Auwais

International Coach
Thanks Ritwik but the only problem is thatI cannot remove it from the add programs list.I run the un-installer and in the end it says it has finished but then when I close the window an error about the remote procedure falied appears an the files are still there?!:confused:

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Awauis im getting the exact problem aswell, i updated my graphic card drivers, etc... re-installed cricket 2002, does it matter iff the game is from Pakistan?

when it comes the EA sports its in the game, then the cricket 2002 info comes then it just finnishes there? please help!! ive deleted the registry aswell, looks like i gotta wait for Cricket 2004, to play Pak vs South Africa :(

Ritwik

co-founder
If the game can't be unistalled then,
Delete the game folder
Delete mydocuments -- EA SPORTS folder
delete all entries of Cricket 2002 from the registry.

That should do the trick.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Hello everyone, its good to see the forum is up and running again. Coming to the issue with the game not running, I have had this problem before. What I did then was to run the dxdiag and test all the video function. The direct3d in particular was of a problem, I had to disable Direct3D to start with, then exit dxdiag.Restart dxdiag, enable the Direct3D again and test the Direct3d. This will rightly enable the Direct3D funciton if it were a problem before. This might not be the issue you guys might be experiencing but its well worth a try, it sorted the issue on my PC for sure. Good luck.

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
i had this problem and i fixed it.

Awauis my brother, just re-install directx9 and thats it.

make sure u delete Cricket 2002 folder and then install it again.

sorrydaijin

Club Captain
Just for reference to anyone else with a similar problem. The game wont run when I have both of my monitors enabled. The problem is solved by turning one off before running the game.

guido

Banned
Originally posted by Auwais BARTHEZ
It happened about a month ago that my c2002 stopped working. I can't understand why though because it shows the EA thing and then before running that EA one with the cricketers in it,it returns to the desktop?:confused: I even tried re-installing but it said it had reinstalled but all my files were still there?

Does anyone have a solution?

Heres what you do. press eject on you cd rom drive, take out disc, then take your dog for a walk with the disc and play frisbee at the park.
you don't need it, thats why it wont work, its upset because c2004 is coming.:D

Guido (everybodys mate)

Users who are viewing this thread