C2004 more screenshots

sonic

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
well i think if you pay ?40 or $80 for something then you expect a decent return for your cash...you pay peanuts you get monkeys...i'm sure you don't like throwing money down the drain, cos i don't, i just hope that the improvements that i've read about are actually more than just concept ideas...other than that i must say in EA's defense that atleast they are supporting the cricketing community and what a decent job they've done of it, there's simply not been enough from the games industry and we should all be grateful for that...i think a lot of the complaining is more to do with fans' impatience cos its not very often cricket games come around, which is certainly the case with me, i'm quite excited about it but at the same time conscious of the reputation EA has built up over the years of producing many cases of anti-climax...lets hope the game is good for everyone's sake :)

cricketfan1

School Cricketer
i know what you mean mate, but is there really need to be ultra critical? and $90 or ?30 i believe is a fair price for the game. I couldnt believe the huge battering Rugby2004 took after its release i still rate it as one of the best sports sims of 2003 for sure. Id be happy with minor improvements on cricket 2002 for 2004 as i appreciate how tough EA's jobs are, the difference in funding and licences between cricket and football ( soccer) is huge. Fifa has a team of 150+ working on the titles which also have a plan to continue untill 2010 and beyond on an anual basis, where on the other hand cricket has a measly 20 people in the team working on it and is unsure if it will continue beyond 2004.

I do accept your point mate, 2002 was dissapointing slightly but its still an awsome game worth every penny or cent of the $90-?30. When i say that some people are ultra critical this isnt aimed at yourself but there are so many people who are one hundred times worse than yourself.

sonic

Club Cricketer
your very right...i emailed hbstudios 6 months ago and was quite surprised to learn that there were only 17 people working on the game...so compared to a massive game like fifa football they simply cannot whack a game out in 5 months....and i think anyone with those sort of expectations would be in dreamland because even they had, the end product would be nothing like what we might be getting when its finally released. there's always hype around the release of EA titles though, which is a credit to them, i just hope they don't decide to pull the plug on developing successful cricket games. 2002 did have a number of flaws and bugs but that was largely due to the fact that XP was released shortly after it came out and was more to do with operating system problems and overpowering graphics cards than the actualy game itself. i think most cricket fans understand these issues and whilst many are indeed very critical, its crucial that we all remember that EA do this for the good of the game and the fans and not for their own benefit - games like fifa sell the volumes which allow smaller franchises to prosper.

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
what did EA do with the 150+ staff working at fifa 2004 ,they made a game which is even worse tham fifa 2003

cricketfan1

School Cricketer
i have fifa 2004 and its definitely better than 2003 in my opinion, there is stacks more options and gameplay is awesome with flick ons and off the ball etc now more involved - graphics is basically identical except some new concepts that have been involved, e.g. new stadiums players etc.

One thing that is extremely poor is the crowd, im not one to complain about irrelevant things like crowd or flags - im more in favour for gameplay and A.I and so on. but the crowd was very good in 2003 and it seems to have taken a backward step this time around its extremely sketchy and more like FIFA 98.

But even if the crowd is poor like i said it doesent bother me in the slightest, the game is still fantastic and is certainly better that 2003 for gameplay and realism.

Anyway moving on - does anyone have any news on cricket 2004? i was thinking of pre-ordering from Australia but i dont want to do so if release is going to be delayed - if i knew for sure it was a DEC 7 - 11 release i would have ordered by now, but the lack of progression with the official info has cast doubt over pre christmas release for me, but im sure it'll be worth the wait for sure.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Cricket 2004 release date

I strolled down to EB today and they had Thursday (4th Dec) as release date for PC version in their system. Also the PS2 version release date in their system is on 11th Dec.

The salesman in EB had some good words to say about Cricket 2004 AI. Not sure if its true but he said if you had faced a bowler in a game and had got out to him, the next time around you face the same bowler the confidence level of the batsman will be less. This has not featured in any of the EA interviews; I am kinda surprised why they didn?t speak about this. Hopefully the EB salesman is right and the AI is better we shall hope.

kmk1284

Club Cricketer
lets wait and watch then
and yes about fifa 2004 not only is the crowd bad but the shooting is not as good as last time and u say that it has a stack of options then i dont think u have played the pc version because in that u cant even re configure your controls and save replays!!!!
patch sorts it out but if u use a gamepad u stil cant re-config ur keys

9 days to release and there is no official information up yet maybe ea are expecting a sleeper hit ;)

cricketfan1

School Cricketer
about FIFA again mate, i have the ps2 version and when i mean theres stacks of options i mean that there is more trophies added, the new career mode is interesting as you build your prestige, also the new football fusion game looks awsome with the abillity to link your saved games from total club manager ( i think thats what its called!) to FIFA so that you do your daily managerial duties on the manager game and then you play the games etc. on FIFA. Also it has network play for ps2 - so you can see where im coming from on the new options!

On the matter of cricket 2004 lots of sites seem to have had news that release has slipped a week, its now due out around 18th on ps2 i think its slipped a few day on PC aswell.

bomber

Club Cricketer
Ive been in contact with EB again, they have confirmed the 7th of December for c2004 PC. Thats this Sunday, a strange day for a delivery, could be this Friday or Monday instead?
I will check the shops this Friday, soon as it's out I will let you guys know?

There price is $69.95 for PC, at the games warehouse they have it for $58.95. Im buying from EB as it's easier, also Im getting a copy for Sonic. As I mentioned before, I can get more copies for other regular members? Just let me know?

Thanks.

sangam

International Cricketer
4 more days and no official site..

EA sure gonna create history

Users who are viewing this thread