C2K4 file formats and changes

Nauman

php monkey
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dont want to sound dumb but how do you extract the .gob file i have been using the gob extractor made for jedi knight but havent had much success.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Well done Sam and Ravi. Quick work, some of us haven't even got the game yet. :(
Do I understand that we can create new folders containing gfx data in the same way we created a FEG folder for C2k2?
Have we found a way to therefore edit the kits and faces (+stumps, pitch-ads, crowd etc). I see the faces file which look easy enough to edit but can we get templates for the kit files etc as well?
cheers,
Colin

Rahul

International Cricketer
hey plzz let me know with which program to extract the gob file plzz...gr8 work there!!

also is it possible to add more faces if u have found that yet.....coz only being able to edit the faces wont help as there are only 18 or sdo diff face types!

Rahul

International Cricketer
also ravi have u found anything related to the default lineups??? that is the biggest bug in the game!!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Nice work to Rahul to on for extracting the kits. How do we now produce patches for graphics updates? I can think of three ways:
1. upload whole .gob file (obviously ridiculous and impossible)
2. get people to extract their own .gob file and put the updates in (complicated, time consuming, and easy to make mistakes)
3. create new graphics directories and override the files contained in the .gob. Is this possible? (if yes, then obviously the best solution)
What other methods can people suggest for providing graphics updates?

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by barmyarmy
Nice work to Rahul to on for extracting the kits. How do we now produce patches for graphics updates? I can think of three ways:
1. upload whole .gob file (obviously ridiculous and impossible)
2. get people to extract their own .gob file and put the updates in (complicated, time consuming, and easy to make mistakes)
3. create new graphics directories and override the files contained in the .gob. Is this possible? (if yes, then obviously the best solution)
What other methods can people suggest for providing graphics updates?

I think the creating new directories is the way to go. At present I am unable to comprehend what
\W2kserver\Project\Cricket\DataPC\Scoreboard\textures\Score2\scorebd_pc.txd means. Maybe we may have to create DataPC\Scoreboard\textures\Score2\ directory under Cricket 2004 directory and store scoreboard graphics. I surely think this is the way to go, it will take quite a few trial and error before this can be sorted.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by zimrahil
lol - yes I was being kind when I said lazy - inept is probably more appropriate :p

Ok then so eventually the files should be extracted as before which is good.

And yes, will have to play the game for a bit first to see what needs improving, then spend the next 6 months trying to make things better along with yourself :D

Even before playing the game it would appear the first thing that needs attention is

cpu pacing files

Also people are stating no edges again to slips and WK - that needs looking at

And almost as importantly - will need to be able to alter the crap BLC default fields so they are a tad more realistic

You are bang on here, first we need to figure out what changes might be needed to make this game competetive.

The fields definately needs changing in Test matches from what I have seen so far. It is easy to score runs on the leg side while CPU employs 7/2 field. With a 6/3 field it will be fairly realistic otherwise stamina meter or not we can walk away scoring heaps of runs on the leg side. I had a play with creating directories under C2K4 main folder and changing the files but as of now not much luck. I tried altering the values in l_hard & u_hard and storing those files in the directories as in exe file but it didnt make much difference at all. Little more trial and error we surely should get there, lets see how we go. Good luck with the game, I suppose you were to get your game today.

Salman1k

School Cricketer
Hey guys... keep up the good work. The earlier we know what to edit the better. I remember reading the interview on Cricket2002.tk that there is a World League in that you can trade players for the domestic sides... where is it ?

Rahul

International Cricketer
ravi or any1 have u been able to extract any test or odi kits?? they dont seem to be in png form.....if they are in tga will dragon unpacker 5 be able to extract it?? as it doesnt support it..so if i do extract all types will it extract the tga's if they are there or only the 1s it supports??

Rahul

International Cricketer
is it already in the dragon unpacker or do i download it separately....if so where can i download it...coz i searched for plugins..didnt find any...the official site says no ne plugins since rc3

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ok ravi/sam even at this early stage we need to find a way of easily editting the files - and where are the pacing files?

This game can be very good if only a few issues can be ironed out.

Rahul

International Cricketer
ravi or any1 else gilly posted this list from the exe ...it's regarding the kits..i cant understand it....it has the kits patchs....so if u can understand it plzzz let me know in what format are the kits installed coz when i extracted the png files the kits except the 1s i posted wernt there!! cud they be in tga form???

here plzzz check i t out and let me know!

Attachments

• gob_kits.txt
    16.4 KB · Views: 57

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by rahulm5
ravi or any1 else gilly posted this list from the exe ...it's regarding the kits..i cant understand it....it has the kits patchs....so if u can understand it plzzz let me know in what format are the kits installed coz when i extracted the png files the kits except the 1s i posted wernt there!! cud they be in tga form???

here plzzz check i t out and let me know!

Rahul, this is from the gob file but we will need to extract .lst file from the GOB file to know the file names. Even if we do atm we are unable to load those files into the game as the graphics are being loaded via a library and not physical directory as was in Cricket 2002. CFGLOAD was a native function to cricket 2002 which was extracting files from the cfg compressed file and destroying it when we exit the game. This looks a little different from cricket 2002, pub or lib are references to local projects in some programming languages. I am sure there will be a way to get around this but I have no ideas atm.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
This is the list of files present in the .gob when I extracted it using multiripper 3:
Found Targa (Uncomp. True Colo
Found Autodesk FLI Animation
Found Autodesk FLC Animation
Found Windows Bitmap
Found Standard EXE
Found Liquid Tracker 0.14
Found 0?PlayStation TIM (Type
Found MikMak/UniMOD Module
Found 16Bits Font (80x25)
Found 8 Bits Font (80x50)
Found Amiga OctaMED Module
Found Portable Network Graphic
Found Amiga Protracker 4Chn Mo
Found DSMi Module
Found 669 Composer [Untitled]
Found ZSoft PCX 3.0
Found Renegade Audio Manager M
Found X-Tracker Module
Found FastTracker 16Ch Module
Found USM Player v1.0
Found PolyTracker Module
Found JPEG Picture
Found Impulse Tracker Module
Found Disorder Tracker 1.6
Found Digital Tracker
Found N-Factor DigiTrakker Mod
Found CompuServe GIF (87a/89a)
Found S!P Adlib Tracker Tune
Found StoneCracker 4.04 (Amiga
Found Creative Music File

Don't know if this is any use to anyone...

Users who are viewing this thread