Call Of Duty 4

Notts til i die

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi here is some infomation on this game. Who is getting this. Me for 1.

Release Date: 9/11/07
Platforms:X360,PS3,DS,PC

Plot...

A Russian nationalist by the name of Imran Zakhaev is set on returning his homeland to the Soviet times. Zakhaev knows the United States would never allow this to happen, thus he funds a coup in the Middle East, organized by his ally Al-Asad, to draw attention away from Russia. The two men and their seconds-in-command gain the nickname The Four Horsemen. However, the British and US governments have been monitoring Zakhaev's activities and discover his real intentions. During the War a Stolen Russian Nuclear weapon is launched at the Americans in the Middle East. The story is told from a perspective of a British 22nd Special Air Service Regiment operative in Russia and American 1st Force Recon in the Middle East.

The game also features a flashback mission set 15 years ago in the Chernobyl Zone of Alienation, which features a new incarnation of Captain Price from 22nd SAS Regiment, the only character to appear in both of the first two games of the Call of Duty series. He needs to assassinate Zakhaev, but his mission fails because his Captain gets wounded and he has to get him out of the Zone of Alienation. Whether this new Price will be confirmed to be a relative of the WWII era Price remains to be seen. It is also believed that the assasination attempt left Zakhaev with only one arm.

The game features the following as playable characters:

Lieutenant Price, 22nd SAS Regiment (15 years ago)
Sergeant John "Soap" MacTavish, 22nd SAS Regiment (present)
Sergeant Paul Jackson, 1st Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment (later Sergeant as part of 1st Force Recon Co., U.S.M.C.) (present)
Their names are seen in mission info which is seen in published gameplay footage of the game. Further characters are unknown.

The game features the following as unplayable characters:

Captain MacMillan, 22nd SAS Regiment (15 years ago)
Captain Price, 22nd SAS Regiment (serving as MacTavish's commanding officer. Uses the same model as Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2 incarnation) (present)
Lieutenant Vasquez, 1st Force Recon Co., U.S.M.C. (Sgt. Paul Jackson's Platoon Leader) (present)
Staff Sergeant Griggs, 1st Force Recon Co., U.S.M.C. (Support Gunner of Sgt. Paul Jackson's Squad) (present)
Their names are seen in mission info which is seen in published gameplay footage of the game, or, in the case of Lt. Vasquez and SSgt. Griggs, in the PC Singleplayer Demo. Further characters are unknown.

Multiplayer and Game Modes.

For multiplayer, it has been confirmed that Call of Duty 4 will include a class system which has five preset classes with default weapon load outs and perks assigned to them as well as allows users to create five custom classes where the user can customize their weapon load out and three perks to assign to their soldier. The five default classes include Assault, Spec Ops, Light Machine Gunner, Demolitions, and Sniper class. Create a class will be unlocked when the user gains enough Experience Points (XP), earned by killing his/her opponent, and becomes a Private (level 4), and will increase rank with more XP earned. XP will also vary depending on the type of match the user is playing. Only two of the classes are available to a first time player; the rest are unlocked as the player gains more experience online and gains higher rank. The highest level is 65.[6], which unlocks Prestige mode. In Prestige mode, the player can trade in all of their rank, and start over at level 1, in exchange for a special in-game insignia by their name. [7] The player can trade in their rank and start over at level 1 up to ten times, with the prestige insignia changing each time, effectively giving the player 715 total ranks.[8] Players can save and name their custom classes for quick access in multiplayer matches. Most of the new weapons and perks that players can use to outfit their custom class will be unlocked as they gain experience ranks, but there are also a separate number of challenges associated with each weapon that will subsequently open up new add-on gear as players complete them.

Game Modes
Free-for-All - Every man for himself.
Team Deathmatch - Use teamwork to kill opposing players and reach score limit.
Team Objective - Domination and Search & Destroy. Capture flags in Domination, with respawning. Destroy and defend objectives in Search & Destroy, no respawning.
Team Tactical - Small team Deathmatch and Search & Destroy.
Capture the Flag - Try to steal the enemy's flag and return it to your base.
Search and Destroy - Much like Counter-Strike's bomb planting mode, there are two teams: attackers and defenders. Attackers try to plant a bomb at one of two bomb sites, and defenders try to defend the bomb sites. If explosives are planted, defenders must defuse them. Players only have one respawn per round. A round is over when all players on one team are killed, or when the bomb explodes or is defused.
Headquarters - A radio spawns somewhere on the map. Your goal is to capture the radio for your team. If Team A captures the radio, they must defend it from being destroyed by Team B. Team A will only have one respawn until the radio is destroyed or the max time limit for the radio is reached. Team B will respawn at set intervals. Team A earns points for every second the radio is held. To capture/destroy a radio, you must stand in the area of the radio. The more players, the faster you destroy it. A new radio spawns when time limit is reached or the radio is destroyed.
Domination - There are flags at certain points around the map. All flags start neutral. Teams battle to hold the most flags. Game ends when the time limit is reached, or the score limit is reached.
Sabotage - Similar to Search and Destroy, only the bomb is neutral and there are objectives located in both teams' bases. Each team's goal is to take the bomb and blow up the objective in the enemy's base. The bomb carrier can fire his weapons, but his position will be announced periodically throughout the game. Also, unlike Search and Destroy, players will have unlimited respawns as opposed to just one per round.

Maps
Of the 16 multiplayer maps confirmed for Call of Duty 4, the names of seven are known[9], which are listed below.

Ambush
Bloc
Crash
District
Downpour
Overgrown
Vacant
Ambush, Crash, and District will feature fighting between U.S. Marines and insurgents in various war-torn Middle Eastern villages. Bloc, Downpour, Overgrown, and Vacant will feature fighting between the British SAS and Russian Spetsnaz in various Eastern European locales.

For more info go to ...
http://www.callofduty.com/
;)

khan31

International Coach
Deffo getting this. Have you seen the footage of this game!? Won't be fun fighting my fellow muslims though....Cant we play as the so called "terrorists"?

pingusten

Club Cricketer
I played the demo, and it was a beast of game.

Shame about the lack of recoil, made the game stunningly easy. The graphics werent bad either.

I'll probably get it in the long run for the multiplayer options.

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Call Of Duty has been great :) This Modern warfare will be a blast without no doubt, but old warfares would have been more good and interesting than this new ones. I personally dont like to play this modern warfare games :(

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Cant wait for this. Will hopefully get it for x-mas. Call of Duty 3 was abit dissapointing but 2 was fantastic. I completed 2 on veteran and it was not only challenging but great fun and a fantastic game to play. Cant wait for the same challenge on 4.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I brought yhis game today on the PS3 and all I have to said it
WOW!!
this is the best game I played so far on the PS3

sd92

International Coach
Well I have Call of Duty 3, and I thought it was ok. So i wasn't going to bother with this one, but i saw the trailer and thought, "ahh this looks good" so now i may invest.

PS3 or Xbox 360??

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well I have Call of Duty 3, and I thought it was ok. So i wasn't going to bother with this one, but i saw the trailer and thought, "ahh this looks good" so now i may invest.

PS3 or Xbox 360??
PS3 and Xbox 360 are both the same

sd92

International Coach
Well they are obviously not the same.

I was asking, which should i get it for as there will be slight differences in the games.

Users who are viewing this thread