Call of Duty: Black Ops

cnbd_novice

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Another year, another CoD game. This time it's Treyarch's time to keep the cycle going, and the 7th official iteration (without any of the expansion packs) of the series reportedly takes place "between WWII and present day", is based on the Vietnam and/or Cold war, and takes players around some interesting places such as "Cuba and South America".

Variation of WaW's zombie mode will return, as will dedicated servers for PC users. Also, apparently the player resumes the role of an SAS member for a portion of the game, even placing players in the 80's Iranian Embassy Siege in London.

HOLY ████! OPERATION NIMROD!! YEAH!!!

The last game to try that mission was The Regiment, with the legendary John McAleese as the dev's military advisor - but the game faired poorly. CoD will most likely put some sort of Hollywood twist to that mission, but still, would be interesting to see how well they handle that.

Could this game's events will somehow lead straight up to the events of CoD4? Instinct says yes, but probably not, since this one'll probably be more grounded in history.

Release: Nov 2010

Source: http://www.mapmodnews.com/article.php?story=More-Call-of-Duty-7-Details-Revealed

P

pcfan123

Meh, tired of Vietname and WWII games. Give me modern combat or American revolution FTW!

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Yeah! Vietnam War!!!!! Will probs get it for Christmas

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
May give this years a miss, didn't enjoy WaW so this will be relatively the same. Such a shame CoD is a split project.

cnbd_novice

International Coach
So even though IW seems to be in tatters, the CoD series seems to be continuing in full swing - at least for this year.

New teaser:
Gametrailer's analysis:

Last edited by a moderator:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
cnbd, why would the trouble over at IW affect this? This is the the poor year, the one which I have no hope for. Treyarch are awful!

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Vietnam would be awesome. Recently got back into playing WaW and the maps are so much better than that of MW2. I just hope the maps for this are as good, not too bothered about the storyline/campaign.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Will be an essential Christmas presant for me, Vietnam makes it good.
I'm borrowing WaW, i'd played it at a friends and completed the campaign and will get into multiplayer.

P

pcfan123

After playing MW2 and BFBC2 (both first time I ever played FPS from either franchise)

I will never buy another arcadey COD game again. Battlefield series ftw

P

pcfan123

No actual fighting in the Cold War. Much ado about nothing.

Much ado about nothing? Could have been the end of the world.

Also was full of proxy wars: Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan, all the South American conflicts as well.

The proxy wars are what basically stopped a very possible US USSR nuclear war, so in hindsight it might even have been a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread