Can you edge the ball in this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.G. Grace

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I'm considering getting this game and have been watching a lot of streams and videos, and I have noticed a severe lack of dismissals via a mistimed shot caught in the slips. Am I missing something, or are there only two possible outcomes on a shot: ie, completely missing the ball or hitting the ball perfectly in the centre of the bat?

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'm considering getting this game and have been watching a lot of streams and videos, and I have noticed a severe lack of dismissals via a mistimed shot caught in the slips. Am I missing something, or are there only two possible outcomes on a shot: ie, completely missing the ball or hitting the ball perfectly in the centre of the bat?

they happen a lot of times, all the dismissals type are present and overall the results are good

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This thread was not needed. We have been talking about the edge problems for days.

Mooshtaq

School Cricketer
I managed to get an edge to first slip earlier, but because I had to line up the catch and press X, there was no time to appeal afterwards and play just carried on with the commentator saying I think he’s got away with one there. Has anyone else had this issue?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I managed to get an edge to first slip earlier, but because I had to line up the catch and press X, there was no time to appeal afterwards and play just carried on with the commentator saying I think he’s got away with one there. Has anyone else had this issue?
yes once! i thought i was going mad! why would one need to appeal a clear catch to second slip? its like an outfield catch :) appeal for bat pads and thin edges to keeper yes but to second third fourth slip?

Rhone

International Cricketer

Yep this has happened to me twice.

Alberts

International Coach

I did see something like this, post it in the bugs forum.

Personally I'd say something caught in the slips should be considered out without the need to appeal, but hey.

thevicky

Club Captain
Yes.

Had 4 edges in my first 5 dismissals last night - 2 I edged to the keeper and the other 2 to 2nd/3rd slip.

Playing Pro, Medium Batting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread