career mode: modifications to player

apt

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Once I start the career mode, how do I go and change the appearance or kit of my career player ?

You can't.

There is even a warning when you start your career telling you that you can't.

You can't. It pops up to tell you this when you start the career, so you can't play your first match (theoretically) without knowing that you've made all the changes you're ever going to make.

*edit: Ninja'd by @SnowyCasanova *

If BA would only map the right stick to ethnicity as I suggested months ago we'd have customisation options on the fly in career mode. When will they end their insane resistance to this feature?

I always find something I want to change after starting a career. Wrong lineup, wrong kit etc or just would like to change bat and headgear. Would be nice to have some more options here.

The number of times I've restarted careers due to silly things I've done in the editor is ridiculous. Forgot to change nationality? Check. White pads on coloured 1-day clothes? Check. Face looks weird? Check. Too tall? Check. Forgot to assign correct attributes? Check.

I've done them all basically, and I usually notice only after having played a few matches. I'd definitely like to be able to make some alterations after the career has begun.

Before I got the game I did have in mind to play a career with unlicensed kit (like Jack Russell in the 90s), and then maybe progress to better looking kit as my prowess and reputation grew. Alas it's not to be since we can't make the changes.

Blame the people creating and rating the teams! So many errors in kit creation! English teams don't wear baggies, but all the 'get best' teams have them. And why does Yorkshire have a red helmet? Grrrr stop rating these teams highly people. They're all shit!

I would love to have a "Planetcricket.net Approved" set of teams that can be downloaded from the academy.

I had the same problem after I put a custom team in the career then forgot to enable use team colours in the batting kit for some players, in the end I had a mixture of black pink blue and yellow pads in first class games, looked like a charity drive!! I had to restart the career cos it bugged me so much, it would be a nice idea if the academy was available to change things during career, also it could solve the no regens issue if you could drop/enter players from the academy or add created players as you move through the years. At least, you should be able to change the appearence/kit of your own players but adding the full academy to a career mode would be a fantastic idea for BA to implement.

Blame the people creating and rating the teams! So many errors in kit creation! English teams don't wear baggies, but all the 'get best' teams have them. And why does Yorkshire have a red helmet? Grrrr stop rating these teams highly people. They're all shit!
And the thing is, with the way the system works there is not really any easy way to actually find the highest quality and up-to-date sides (the actual 'Best'). Most people will probably just hit 'Get Best' and not bother to go and actually rate the teams so the current 'Get Best' choices will likely remain in place for the forseeable future.

The Academy is great but I feel a lot of it's potential is wasted when the most user friendly way to get the teams gives you outdated sides with many little flaws.

@Madman I agree. The way it is at the moment you replace teams, and then potentially spend a lot of time editing them anyway - depending of course how much the cosmetics matter. But I agree, if the best teams were created properly in the first place, there shouldn't be as much need to want to make changes once a career has started. Save for perhaps choosing the wrong nationality etc.

@Madman I agree. The way it is at the moment you replace teams, and then potentially spend a lot of time editing them anyway - depending of course how much the cosmetics matter. But I agree, if the best teams were created properly in the first place, there shouldn't be as much need to want to make changes once a career has started. Save for perhaps choosing the wrong nationality etc.
The 'Get Best' option gives you an India side with Tendulkar in the lineups when he retired about 9 months ago. The England side by default also has Pietersen in there, Bairstow as keeper and Borthwick as the spinner... Also a Ben Stokes with a very strange hair colour.

I found a much better England team in the Academy but it took some quite thorough searching and even then I went and replaced many of the players as there were much better versions of them available as individually uploaded players.

'Get Best' really doesn't get you the best stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread