PS3: Carribean Cup - Season 1 Finished - BVNR Crowned Winner !!!

AL_Amin

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@issue

I don't think Acid will accept these Screenshots right now. You and me, we meet in round 9 so please keep the images at your disposal and wait for the right time to post.

issue

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@issue

I don't think Acid will accept these Screenshots right now. You and me, we meet in round 9 so please keep the images at your disposal and wait for the right time to post.

OK once round no 9 is completed i will post again ...[DOUBLEPOST=1406796950][/DOUBLEPOST]@DavidTheMan , Hi david u available for our match in Caribbean league today...

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Guys , I updated Post No. 1 to include the revised Bonus Points for the side thats Batting second. Please check and familiarise yourself.

I have used the new Bonus Point Structure since round 1 , onwards.

Solomon

County Cricketer
St Lucia Strikers (Solomon) vs Dominica Demons (Amin)

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
An excellent, enjoyable and heart pounding game. We could not guess who is gonna win the match till the last run was scored.

Jamica_vs_St_Kitts_Main.jpg

Jamaica_vs_St_Kitts_1.jpg

Jamica_vs_St_Kitts_2.jpg

I salute you Himanshu (@Cricz25) for this game. No slow ball bouncers, No ultra slow deliveries, No Short ball from spinners, No concecutive slower ball. This is how the game should be played with real cricketing manner and real cricketing spirit.

I joined the leagues and conducting a league thinking that players here will play with real spirit and fight like gentlemen. Now everything gone reverse. Everyone has some idiotic strategy and fight that their strategy is the best and exploiting the name “Gentlemen’s Game”

I could see few players playing with their strength and not take advantage of this exploited game. Luckily I have them in friends list.

Play to your strength guys that is what called gentlemen. But don’t try to cheat. Anyone will feel satisfied even if they lose after a real fight. But, if we lose because of cheating, no one can tolerate that. And what are you gonna get after taking a victory by cheating. According to me bowling slow ball bouncers, Continuous slow balls and short ball with spinners is nothing but cheating. Try to play without these and you will feel the difference in ur game.

The rules are made and it is being chopped and trimmed after every game. I don’t know what a rule is made for. A rule is a rule and it should not be changed for convenience. Then why should we have a rule? Everyone can play as per their strategy isn’t it?

I know I will get a (or some) harsh reply for this. I don’t mind

Last edited:

kushari

International Coach
An excellent, enjoyable and heart pounding game. We could not guess who is gonna win the match till the last run was scored.

Jamica_vs_St_Kitts_Main.jpg

Jamaica_vs_St_Kitts_1.jpg

Jamica_vs_St_Kitts_2.jpg

I salute you Himanshu (@Cricz25) for this game. No slow ball bouncers, No ultra slow deliveries, No Short ball from spinners, No concecutive slower ball. This is how the game should be played with real cricketing manner and real cricketing spirit.

I joined the leagues and conducting a league thinking that players here will play with real spirit and fight like gentlemen. Now everything gone reverse. Everyone has some idiotic strategy and fight that their strategy is the best and exploiting the name “Gentlemen’s Game”

I could see few players playing with their strength and not take advantage of this exploited game. Luckily I have them in friends list.

Play to your strength guys that is what called gentlemen. But don’t try to cheat. Anyone will feel satisfied even if they lose after a real fight. But, if we lose because of cheating, no one can tolerate that. And what are you gonna get after taking a victory by cheating. According to me bowling slow ball bouncers, Continuous slow balls and short ball with spinners is nothing but cheating. Try to play without these and you will feel the difference in ur game.

The rules are made and it is being chopped and trimmed after every game. I don’t know what a rule is made for. A rule is a rule and it should not be changed for convenience. Then why should we have a rule? Everyone can play as per their strategy isn’t it?

I know I will get a (or some) harsh reply for this. I don’t mind

Dude, I tried my best to avoid commenting on your post as you are entitled to your opinion, but could not resist asking you, do you consider bowling with Brad Haddin, Adam Gilchrist, Jonathan Trott & Aaron Finch (Your usual Bowlers in UCC Matches) as playing with "real spirit and fight like gentlemen"? It was easy to point fingers on others but you conveniently forgot how to play as gentleman when it is your turn to play as Gentleman.

As for me, I have already said what I had to say during the Voting at UCC League regarding bowling with Batsman etc. Its you who voted and wanted Pure Batsman to be allowed to bowl and now when I made it free for all (Against my wish), you are complaining people are not playing with Spirit of Cricket. Does the Spirit of Cricket only applied to your opponents? I dont want to discuss publicly what score you have received as Fair Play Point for the UCC league, but that should give you an indication how Fair you yourself play the game.

I would not have made these comments if you didn't have posted like except you everyone you are playing against is a cheater. As for Slow Ball with Spinners, its not a bug/cheating in my opinion, I have played with guys who will hit me for SIX on these balls most of the time I bowl those deliveries. You need to learn playing those similarly as we need to learn how to play bowling from Brad Haddin, Adam Gilchrist, Jonathan Trott & Aaron Finch etc.

I have nothing against you and you know how much I appreciated your unconditional help and support that you extended to me for the UCC league, but you need to come out of your cocoon and be more objective towards your opinions of others. I personally have nothing against you or anyone else bowling with Pure Batsman (With Low Skills), as I consider it as a challenge and not as a cheating and try to adapt myself and play these bowlers to the best of my ability. If you cannot play/feel comfortable with certain bowling type, that does not make those balls illegal or bowling those balls as cheating. If I am not comfortable playing Yorkers from Fast Bowlers, should I call bowling these fast yorkers as cheating??? Common, for me playing Fast Yorkers is as much difficult (If not more), as playing Slow Short balls from Spinners. Its my individual opinion, you may not agree with it, but you certainly cannot term it as cheating. It will be very childish thing to do so.

Note: I of-course dont have any hard feelings towards you, nor will I comment on this topic anymore. Peace....

Last edited:

francisjery

International Coach
Dude, I tried my best to avoid commenting on your post as you are entitled to your opinion, but could not resist asking you, do you consider bowling with Brad Haddin, Adam Gilchrist, Jonathan Trott & Aaron Finch (Your usual Bowlers in UCC Matches) as playing with "real spirit and fight like gentlemen"? It was easy to point fingers on others but you conveniently forgot how to play as gentleman when it is your turn to play as Gentleman.

As for me, I have already said what I had to say during the Voting at UCC League regarding bowling with Batsman etc. Its you who voted and wanted Pure Batsman to be allowed to bowl and now when I made it free for all (Against my wish), you are complaining people are not playing with Spirit of Cricket. Does the Spirit of Cricket only applied to your opponents? I dont want to discuss publicly what score you have received as Fair Play Point for the UCC league, but that should give you an indication how Fair you yourself play the game.

I would not have made these comments if you didn't have posted like except you everyone you are playing against is a cheater. As for Slow Ball with Spinners, its not a bug/cheating in my opinion, I have played with guys who will hit me for SIX on these balls most of the time I bowl those deliveries. You need to learn playing those similarly as we need to learn how to play bowling from Brad Haddin, Adam Gilchrist, Jonathan Trott & Aaron Finch etc.

I have nothing against you and you know how much I appreciated your unconditional help and support that you extended to me for the UCC league, but you need to come out of your cocoon and be more objective towards your opinions of others. I personally have nothing against you or anyone else bowling with Pure Batsman (With Low Skills), as I consider it as a challenge and not as a cheating and try to adapt myself and play these bowlers to the best of my ability. If you cannot play/feel comfortable with certain bowling type, that does not make those balls illegal or bowling those balls as cheating. If I am not comfortable playing Yorkers from Fast Bowlers, should I call bowling these fast yorkers as cheating??? Common, for me playing Fast Yorkers is as much difficult (If not more), as playing Slow Short balls from Spinners. Its my individual opinion, you may not agree with it, but you certainly cannot term it as cheating. It will be very childish thing to do so.

Note: I of-course dont have any hard feelings towards you, nor will I comment on this topic anymore. Peace....

Of course I use Brad Haddin, Adam Gilchrist, Jonathan Trott & Aaron Finch. But how many time have you seen me bowling slowest ball in the earth or bowling more than six meters with spinners. Have I ever crossed that limit there. I only use them to their strength. But not using them to cheat my opponents. Remember I asked you in a PM whether I can change some players in the team before the start of the league as I dont have any option for spin bowling other than one player (UCC team was not selected by me I was a replacement for some one).

Earlier it was said slow short balls from spinners and medium bowlers are not allowed. But now recently it changed to "It will be allowed, but it should not be bowled frequently". then why was the rule made in the first place.

I dont have any wrong opinion about using pure batsman for bowling. I only say that bowling the slowest balls is not the real cricket manner. Fight will not be real if anyone hits their opponent from behind. We have to fight face to face.

kushari

International Coach
Of course I use Brad Haddin, Adam Gilchrist, Jonathan Trott & Aaron Finch. But how many time have you seen me bowling slowest ball in the earth or bowling more than six meters with spinners. Have I ever crossed that limit there. I only use them to their strength. But not using them to cheat my opponents. Remember I asked you in a PM whether I can change some players in the team before the start of the league as I dont have any option for spin bowling other than one player (UCC team was not selected by me I was a replacement for some one).

Earlier it was said slow short balls from spinners and medium bowlers are not allowed. But now recently it changed to "It will be allowed, but it should not be bowled frequently". then why was the rule made in the first place.

I dont have any wrong opinion about using pure batsman for bowling. I only say that bowling the slowest balls is not the real cricket manner. Fight will not be real if anyone hits their opponent from behind. We have to fight face to face.

"bowling the slowest balls is not the real cricket manner". I dont agree with your opinion....It is as much real cricket as any other deliveries. Cricket, like any other game is a competitive sport where one party is trying to win by all legitimate means available to him. Why should one play as per his opponents strength and liking? For that you can always play Offline Match in Easy settings. Playing these slow short balls are relatively easy if only you know how to play those balls, as if I am late in playing Fast Yorkers I will be clean bowled, so I need to know how to play Fast Yorkers.

You can ask all the players involved in the Ranji League. I have won the RANJI LEAGUE without bowling with any spinners (for Entire Tournament, except may be 01/02 overs) . I used only Fast and Fast Medium bowlers and won that league. And me, Solomon and few others who dont mind bowling Slow Short deliveries with spinners are not in Top 04 in either IPL or UCC League. What I mean to say is, a good player will always win (most of the time), regardless of the kind of bowling been bowled to him and a bad player will always loose even if no such Slow Short balls are bowled to him.

As for Spirit of Cricket and being Gentleman is concerned, it is a joke. If not, try to offer your wicket to your opponent, once you get clean bowled but given not out by the game. Will you consider doing it? Is it not cheating, when you know you were out bowled but game does not recognize/register it, instead of offering your wicket in the next delivery you continue to bat on like nothing has happened? The day, my opponents start offering their wickets to me for clean bowled given not outs, I will believe in honesty and Spirit of the Game, Being Gentleman, etc etc.

My advice to you will be the same as what I have done myself. Ask my friend to bowl Slow Short balls continuously and practice playing these deliveries. Its a easy way out to term something "Not the real cricket manner" when you dont know how to tackle these balls. As I said I have played with players, who will force me to ball full with spinners, as they will score boundaries on almost all my Slow Short deliveries.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Log and Stats after Round 2
Log.jpg
Top 20 Batsmen ( Based on Total Runs )

Batting.jpg
Top 20 Bowler (Based on wickets taken)
Bowling.jpg

@Cricz25 ; @RIZZYX ; @issue @Solomon ; @bvnr410 @AL_Amin ; @chaman82 ; @valerian140 ; @DavidTheMan ; @francisjery ; @VinitPhilip

Round 4 Fixtures for the coming week :
Trinidad Tobago Lions (Rizzyx) vs Guyana Thunder Cats (VinitPhilip)
Anguilla Stingrays (Acid) vs Bahamas Tigers ((BVNR)
Antigua and Barbuda (David) vs Dominica Demons (Amin)
St Lucia Strikers (Solomon) vs St Vincent and Grendines (Valerian)
Saint Kitts and Nevis Pirates (Cricz25) vs Jamaica Jammers (Francisjery)
Barbados Blazers (issue) vs Grenada Giants (Chaman)

Just a reminder , Rule 13 , that if a match is not fulfilled in the alloted time , it is the responsibility of the Available Player to inform me before Scorecard Cut-off time , so that I can award the points accordingly. If I only receive notification after the cut off time , I handle it as a No result.[DOUBLEPOST=1407155026][/DOUBLEPOST]Vinitphilip , just another message on another platform other than the Whatsapp , PS3 mail , and Personal mail on Planet Cricket that I tried to contact you.

YOU need to become more engaged mate , and communicate with us , otherwise its no use trying to compete in this competion.

Please advise on your future availability for the Tournament.

francisjery

International Coach
Hi guys, first of all I would like to apologize for my recent comments regarding the gameplay in the online tournaments. Evryone must be wondering what has brought this change all of a sudden. I would like to thank one of my friends who gave me a brief talk abt my view about this game. He is also a PS3 owner. But he doesn't like sports games.

"Everyone wants to win. They will have their own strategy (we cannot call it tricks or cheating). If the game provides an option to bowl a certain kind of delivery or batting in a certain way it is not their fault. Even if you call it a trick, you have to learn to master it. No strategy will be useful until you practice to do it 100%. Its your fault that you have not seen these things all these days and played in a single way". Finally he told me one thing that I felt like he salpped in my face. "You said you have posted a comment in a public forum. What would the others feel about you when you point your finger on them and say that they are cheating. You made them your friends. They didn't call you. You wanted went their and made friendship with them. Now you cannot fight with them for their gameplay. It is their way of playing"

"After all its just a game. There is nothing to worry even when you lose a game here. what are you gonna gain when you win a game here and what is it you are gonna lose if you were outplayed. Just enjoy the time playing and get the hell out of it once you switch of your system"

I know it looks like an sentimental speech but mostly he spoke about the mistake what I was doing so far

kushari

International Coach
Hi guys, first of all I would like to apologize for my recent comments regarding the gameplay in the online tournaments. Evryone must be wondering what has brought this change all of a sudden. I would like to thank one of my friends who gave me a brief talk abt my view about this game. He is also a PS3 owner. But he doesn't like sports games.

"Everyone wants to win. They will have their own strategy (we cannot call it tricks or cheating). If the game provides an option to bowl a certain kind of delivery or batting in a certain way it is not their fault. Even if you call it a trick, you have to learn to master it. No strategy will be useful until you practice to do it 100%. Its your fault that you have not seen these things all these days and played in a single way". Finally he told me one thing that I felt like he salpped in my face. "You said you have posted a comment in a public forum. What would the others feel about you when you point your finger on them and say that they are cheating. You made them your friends. They didn't call you. You wanted went their and made friendship with them. Now you cannot fight with them for their gameplay. It is their way of playing"

"After all its just a game. There is nothing to worry even when you lose a game here. what are you gonna gain when you win a game here and what is it you are gonna lose if you were outplayed. Just enjoy the time playing and get the hell out of it once you switch of your system"

I know it looks like an sentimental speech but mostly he spoke about the mistake what I was doing so far

@francisjery Appreciate your change of heart Buddy, if I am not wrong I have said the exact same comments on reply to your message as what your friend advised to you. It would have been very easy and wise for me to refrain from commenting on your post, as commenting on these matters automatically makes me one of the suspect/cheater you are referring to (Whereas you have not taken anyone's name). But I thought it is better to convey my feelings and labeled as a cheater than to keep quit like everyone else and be in your good book. After all I am not even playing this CC League. But somewhere I had this faith that sooner or later you will understand what I am trying to convey by defending Slow Ball tricks etc (Which I myself was not very fond of in the beginning). Even I feel frustrated when I loose because someone bowling Short Slow Ball with Spinners or Slow Bowl Bouncers with Medium Bowlers, but I have realized it will not go away, if I have a problem I have the option of not playing Online and be happy with AI bowling to me on Offline Mode. It was my decision to play Online, and if someone is trying his best to Win a match in any which way, I cant label him as a cheater for trying to win, after all he is playing the same game as I am playing with same settings and opportunities.

I am happy you have now learned how to live in an Imperfect World.

Users who are viewing this thread