Chaminda Vaas retires from Test cricket... or does he? Yes, yes he does.

OffCutters

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Very good fast bowler, one of the best in the Sri Lankan line-up. But everyone has to retire from Test cricket one day, and its time for him.

International Coach
one of the very best and probably one of the most under rated too,a huge loss to sri lankan cricket.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Threads merged.

The writing was on the wall for a while, but Sri Lanka struggled to find even one bowler to replace him, much less two or three. However, in recent times the pace attack has gone from strength to strength and the well travelled Vaas simply can't be guaranteed a spot, even though his batting in recent years suggest hints of a genuine all-rounder.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Threads merged.

The writing was on the wall for a while, but Sri Lanka struggled to find even one bowler to replace him, much less two or three. However, in recent times the pace attack has gone from strength to strength and the well travelled Vaas simply can't be guaranteed a spot, even though his batting in recent years suggest hints of a genuine all-rounder.

I know, he was batting infront of Dilshan today. I didn't know he was that good with the bat

leftarmlegspin

Club Cricketer
Tbh, I'm not all that convinced by the supposed up and coming seam bowlers. Sounds a strange thing to say considering Kulasekara and Thushara have taken a lot of wickets already, but I think judgement needs to be reserved until they have been tested more.

Pakistan are nowhere near as strong as they were, and they haven't played Test cricket for a long time. We need to see these two (and Mathews as well, whose bowling and batting isn't Test standard yet) play outside of Sri Lanka, and against some better teams.

irottev

School Cricketer
He's a has been. If he'd have retired a few years ago people probably would have cared. He's barely played in the last year or so anyway. He's probably only getting the current game so he gets a swansong.

In saying that, in his day he was an excellent new-ball bowler.

chainsnatcher

School Cricketer
Very disappointed to hear this...One of the best left arm swing bowlers in the last two decades..A fine role model for Sri Lankan cricketers...Even though they've got a neanderthal like Malinga [a great bowler just his hairstyle looks weird] they will surely miss vaas who was a fine all round cricketer...

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I think he and Ntini would probably be justified in going to the pub together and having a moan about how under-appreciated they've been.

he's up there with the best of his era and he never got much more due than "that other guy you need to watch when batting against SL."

Users who are viewing this thread