Changing my team as a coach/captain

santoshpk

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
On the lines of changing a player's age/nationality/county team, can I change the team for which I am the coach/captain?

If this is possible, I am sure lots of people would find it interesting because after 7-8 seasons, your team becomes too stable to be challenging and at times I 'feel' like helping the opposition teams especially the ones languishing at the bottom in all forms for many seasons.

I am still in my first season in ICC 2008 but in ICC 2002, I went up to season 2017 (after which the system crashed, refusing to go 2018)...but from about 2011, I started terminating the contracts of all the 'stars' in my team. However, rich (and sly!) teams like Lancashire and Somerset used to sign them up and although I still managed to win with some difficulty, the weaker teams didn't have money to afford the stars I had released...and they stayed where they were...

Would request some of the tech gurus here to share their knowhow on this topic, or if possible, start cracking on it! Thanks!

Yeah it is possible to change your team ,its also possible to simulate an entire season without playing as any team ,just open .cap in the hex editor (say Chmas) and change your team name to the required team you want to switch over and after opening it in hex editor you will see your team name alphabets in column form just overrite the team name to the desire team name you wish to manage ,keep that in mind that number of alphabets must be same in both teams name for eg if you have SURREY as your team (which have 6 alphabets) than you can change your team name to SUSSEX (which also having 6 alphabets) WARWICKSHIRE (12 alphabets) and NOTTINGHAMSHIRE(12 alphabets too) and for to simulate entire season without playing any team just put NOTTINGHAMSHIR"Z" instead NOTTINGHAMSHIRE if you managing this team(without "")

Last edited:
how do i change the country i play for? i wanna go from australia to england :P

One quick point, they are not called alphabets, they are 'characters' or 'letters' obviousl without the quote marks.

he's been a bit helpful, but not entirely. because he's said a lot of wrong things. essentially, you can chance from any team to a team that has less or the same number of letters in their name.

so you open the hex editor, and where you see Sussex, in the top line, you type in Kent, and then you click on the left hand side and fill the remaining letters that remained (ex) with double 00's. if that makes any sense at all. and then the third letter after your new last letter - the t of kent - you click on the left hand side and fill that block with a "01" and then there will be one block to the right of that that has 01 in it already and you make that 00.

I couldn't have really explained that in a more confused way, but hopefully it vaguely helps. the real help of me posting that was because I wanted someone who is more capable than me at this to come on and explain the whole process properly - with some ability to move nations and to teams with more letters being explained. that would be lovely

he's been a bit helpful, but not entirely. because he's said a lot of wrong things. essentially, you can chance from any team to a team that has less or the same number of letters in their name.

so you open the hex editor, and where you see Sussex, in the top line, you type in Kent, and then you click on the left hand side and fill the remaining letters that remained (ex) with double 00's. if that makes any sense at all. and then the third letter after your new last letter - the t of kent - you click on the left hand side and fill that block with a "01" and then there will be one block to the right of that that has 01 in it already and you make that 00.

I couldn't have really explained that in a more confused way, but hopefully it vaguely helps. the real help of me posting that was because I wanted someone who is more capable than me at this to come on and explain the whole process properly - with some ability to move nations and to teams with more letters being explained. that would be lovely

Yeah mate I wasnt in touch with the game for quite a time thats why I forgot to tell that:)

Well thanks for this little nugget of info, revitalized my current game by moving to Division Two strugglers Nottinghamshire.

Users who are viewing this thread