Change Teams( International for Online)

ICC2006

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Okay, basically I made another thread about it sometime back but didn't post how to do it so that not everyone would have international teams. But I'm gonna do it now, just think people should play as they wish so here it is. It's really easy.

First of all, you will need to download a hex editor. Any will work, but I'll use one from this site, it's free, download any version.

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm#download

Once you've downloaded it, just open it. I will change Northamptonshire to Pakistan. Just a note, you can change to any team but the team name you're changing to has to have less number of characters than the team you're changing from. So you can't for example change from Surrey to Pakistan( maybe there's some way but I don't know yet), but Northamptonshire( with 8 more characters) it's possible. So basically once you have it open, you just want to drag your file or open it from the hex editor. It will then look something like this:

Then what we're gonna do is on the right side where we see the team name, we're gonna change it to another team. So we click on "N", and then type Pakistan. It will basically replace the first 8 characters with Pakistan. It's not done yet because we have to get rid of the remaining part of Northamptonshire. So what we do is as soon as the word "Pakistan" ends, we click the next letter( in this case "t"), and it will highlight the '74' hex digit on the left, we then just click there and start replacing it with 00 until we're done editing the whole remaining name, notice each time we add 00, it will form a little box on the right. We do this until the whole remaining name is replaced. When we're done, it will look like this:

Now the third box we see after the team name, we click there, it will highlight some hex digit on the right, we put 01. What it will do is get rid of that Domestic Tables section in the game since we don't need it anymore, otherwise if you click there it will just crash your game. Now save the game and load to see if you have your new team. Usually it will just skip the whole thing until the end of the season, so you only get your new team the next season. Sometimes when you change to another team and it's skipping it will crash the game, which it did in my case but I think that's because I started a new file with a county team without even selecting new players that you have to do in ICC 2006 when you first start a new game. But it might still crash sometimes so usually it's best to just skip your game until you're about to just go in the new season, then save it and then change since it won't have the time to skip, it won't crash, and you only get your new team the next season. Also before playing any game online, you have to select a squad offline otherwise it will crash I think. So that's it, I guess I could have finished the whole thing in a few sentences but I wanted to make sure I explained everything. And ofcource make a back-up copy before you edit your game.

Last edited:

Allrounder18

Banned
nope ,renaming wont work and this method is good I successfully change my county file in to international file .now I m changing county + England file to other 2 teams who knows that it might work too.

ICC2006

Club Cricketer
I did not understand the 3rd part where to change the domestic tables ,pls put screenie of what to do.

Well you just click on the third square that comes after your team name. When you click it, it will highlight 2 digits on the left side that are 00. You just change them to 01. It's for county sides when you have 00 which just means you get to have Domestic Tables to view rankings for county teams. But when you change to some other international team, it will still be there but if you click, your game just will crash. So it's optional if someone wants to do it, but just looks better if it's not there for an international team.

Any Idea how to play two player game with it and how about controlling selection?

I never play two player game so never really tried.

Couldn't you simplify this by just renaming your save file without the hex editor or is that different?

I don't think so. Only way to do it is with a hex editor or maybe by opening the file in notepad, but it's all mess then and you wouldn't know what exactly to edit I think.

Foziie_Stars

School Cricketer
i did it and it worked however it still says the game is ineligible. Could you help or just send me an Indian and Australian file. My email is [email protected]

Last edited:

ICC2006

Club Cricketer
I don't know why it would say ineligible. I've changed to several different teams to see and it always works fine. Can you tell me what team you're changing to and also the team you currently have. Sometimes if it says that, you have to change a certain value after the team name I think. For international teams it would be something different from counties, I'd find out if you told me the team names, but also try maybe changing the next value where your team name ends to 01 I think, it might work.

ICC2006

Club Cricketer
Anyway, if anyone wants, I can upload files with certain international teams that you want for online. I think most people would rather have teams with current international players so it would be nice if someone who has a file in 2006-2007 year where it's end of the season( so I don't have to start a new game and skip etc) and I will just change it to other international teams, maybe all of them and upload here if people want.

Foziie_Stars

School Cricketer
Well i am changing northamtonshire to australia, pakistan or bermuda and when i change them they turn out as international teams and the domestic tables are not there however when i go onto the online game it says they are ineligible to play with.

Also your last idea is very good, i hope you will do it and if not would it be possible to send me a file. My email is further up the page.

ICC2006

Club Cricketer
You may aswell ICC2006.

Yeah, I will, I'm just waiting for someone to post a file which is at the end of a season. Otherwise if you change to some other team, it will skip that current season and it sometimes crashes somewhere in the middle. But if it's already at the end, then that's not a problem, and since you only get to play with the newer team next season anyway, it doesn't matter if the current season is just skipped if you know what I mean. So I'm just gonna wait and see if someone can post a file here, else I'd start with one anyway but I've skipped so many seasons with some of my files I just hate doing it anymore.:p

Users who are viewing this thread