This is the release thread for the Cricket Captain 2020 Editor
. This Editor is also fully integrated into the Cricket Captain 2020 Scout.
Please use this thread to download the latest version of the Editor and to report any issues.
WARNING! I haven't had any issues, but editing can be risky. Please back up your savegame if you don't want to risk corrupting it.
View attachment 234172 View attachment 234173 View attachment 234174
- Run Cricket Captain 2020.09 and load an Easy difficulty career mode game, or a Tournament game.
- Run the editor.
- Only "Load" or "Apply" the Player Editor while viewing that player in-game.
- Only "Add Coach + Physio" while viewing the Coaching screen in-game.
- It should be safe to "Load Budget", "Save Budget" and set "100% Squad Fitness" from just about any screen in the game.
- If you change a player's role (batsman, bowler, all-rounder, keeper, opener, etc.) then always exit their profile in-game, then exit the next screen (so the correct team order is regenerated) before editing any other player.
- Selection Editor: Only use this tool in the match start screen (just before the coin toss).
- Squad Editor: Only use this tool when viewing the international squad you want to edit. Clicking "Load Players" launches the Scout, which allows you to filter a list of players to consider for selection. When you close the scout, the filtered player list will be copied back into the Squad Editor.
- I haven't had any issues, but there is always a chance the editor could corrupt your savegame. Back it up if you don't want to risk losing it.
Please check the following FAQ before asking a question. I will update the FAQ with any new questions.
FAQ (PLEASE READ)
- Q: Can I use this editor to cheat online?
- A: No. The editor is not compatible with any game modes eligible for online play. At best, the Editor will crash if you try to edit a Normal mode game (and is likely to corrupt your savegame). The editor is a very simple memory editor that is easily detectable by Steam. If you try to edit online games, you will be banned. You have been warned - I am not responsible for any bans.
- Q: Can I edit player ability?
- A: Yes. You can offset by a specified +/- percentage, or randomize player ability (within specified limits). However, you cannot view ability or potential ability. (This limitation is requested by the game's developers).
- Q: Does the editor run on Mac, Linux or mobile devices?
- A: No. I have tested it in Windows 7 and 10. If there is high demand, then I could look into porting to other platforms.
- Q: Where is the download link?
- A: Click on a version name in the table below.
- Q: How did you write this editor?
- A: The original version was written (in C#) by Fe98 more than a decade ago, based on a huge community effort to reverse-engineer earlier versions of the game. They deserve most of the credit. I have just updated and added features.
- Q: Is the editor finished?
- A: No. There are a lot of features that I am still working on. Please feel free to suggest anything else you would like to see in the editor.
|2020.07-01||06/07/2020||First public release.|
|2020.07-02||06/07/2020||Fixed unknown contracts. Thanks @ahmedleo414.|
|2020.08-01||08/07/2020||Update for patch 20.08.|
|2020.08-02||12/07/2020||Added ability/potential offset %.|
|2020.08-03||18/07/2020||Integrated Selection Editor.|
|2020.08-04||18/07/2020||Added support for demo.|
|2020.09-01||19/07/2020||Update for patch 20.09. Integrated Squad Editor.|
|2020.10-01||06/08/2020||Update for patch 20.10. Added several missing nationalities.|
|2020.10-02||10/08/2020||Fixed Squad Editor. Added player appearance.|
|2020.11-01||20/08/2020||Update for patch 20.11.|
|2020.14-01||14/03/2021||Update for patch 20.14. Patched vulnerabilities in Squad Editor.|