Editor for Cricket Captain 2020 (Release)

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
To be fair the game is not that huge that the developers are worrying about online cheating.
It is interesting that you think the size or popularity of a game would have an impact on how much its developers worry about online cheating. I have been communicating directly with the developers and it is clear to me that they take this very seriously. Did you consider that perhaps a small game would be more vulnerable to the effects of a small number of cheats, since that small number would impact a larger proportion of its player base?
I don't think that many people outside the closed group even play this game online.
In what sense is the group closed? As far as I understand, the online game is completely open to be played by anyone. Even people who haven't bought the game can play online using the free demo.

Is there any point to your comments, or are you just trying to waste my time?
Post automatically merged:

Is there a Mac version for the editor?
Please read the FAQ at the top of this thread.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
It is interesting that you think the size or popularity of a game would have an impact on how much its developers worry about online cheating. I have been communicating directly with the developers and it is clear to me that they take this very seriously. Did you consider that perhaps a small game would be more vulnerable to the effects of a small number of cheats, since that small number would impact a larger proportion of its player base?

In what sense is the group closed? As far as I understand, the online game is completely open to be played by anyone. Even people who haven't bought the game can play online using the free demo.

Is there any point to your comments, or are you just trying to waste my time?

Please read the FAQ at the top of this thread.
Brother just look at steam charts before accusing me , the game is practically dead on the online component.

Brother just look at steam charts before accusing me , the game is practically dead on the online component.
Even with free Demo users.

Even with free Demo users.
I seriously don't know why the developers care so much about online play instead of focussing on the singleplayer because this game is meant to be played this way primarily and editor adds tons of fun.

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Bro can anyone provide free link to download cricket captian 2020 v20.14

This forum thread is for the editor. If you're looking for the editor, the link is in the first post of this thread.

If you want to download the full game, I'll happily give you both of these links for free:

Last edited:

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hi @weetabixharry the game has been updated to version 20.15 just now. The patch indicates some code written to prevent edited teams from playing online. Great news I guess?
Yes, this is very good news. I received an E-mail from the developers saying they had solved the issue and improved protection for online players. They guessed that the editor probably wouldn't need to be updated for the new game patch, because the database was not affected. Is the 20.14 editor still working with 20.15?

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
Yes, this is very good news. I received an E-mail from the developers saying they had solved the issue and improved protection for online players. They guessed that the editor probably wouldn't need to be updated for the new game patch, because the database was not affected. Is the 20.14 editor still working with 20.15?
No, it's not. Getting an error message. * Sorry, I had the editor open while updating so it didn't open. It's working perfectly, no issues.

Last edited:

GH1

School Cricketer
Great. Would it be possible to amend the editor so we can use it in Normal game mode now?

Zaynull_Abiden

School Cricketer
This is the release thread for the Cricket Captain 2020 Editor. This Editor is also fully integrated into the Cricket Captain 2020 Scout.

Please use this thread to download the latest version of the Editor and to report any issues.

WARNING! I haven't had any issues, but editing can be risky. Please back up your savegame if you don't want to risk corrupting it.

Screenshots:

View attachment 234172 View attachment 234173 View attachment 234174

Quick Tips:
  1. Run Cricket Captain 2020.09 and load an Easy difficulty career mode game, or a Tournament game.
  2. Run the editor.
  3. Only "Load" or "Apply" the Player Editor while viewing that player in-game.
  4. Only "Add Coach + Physio" while viewing the Coaching screen in-game.
  5. It should be safe to "Load Budget", "Save Budget" and set "100% Squad Fitness" from just about any screen in the game.
  6. If you change a player's role (batsman, bowler, all-rounder, keeper, opener, etc.) then always exit their profile in-game, then exit the next screen (so the correct team order is regenerated) before editing any other player.
  7. Selection Editor: Only use this tool in the match start screen (just before the coin toss).
  8. Squad Editor: Only use this tool when viewing the international squad you want to edit. Clicking "Load Players" launches the Scout, which allows you to filter a list of players to consider for selection. When you close the scout, the filtered player list will be copied back into the Squad Editor.
  9. I haven't had any issues, but there is always a chance the editor could corrupt your savegame. Back it up if you don't want to risk losing it.
Please check the following FAQ before asking a question. I will update the FAQ with any new questions.

FAQ (PLEASE READ):
  • Q: Can I use this editor to cheat online?
  • A: No. The editor is not compatible with any game modes eligible for online play. At best, the Editor will crash if you try to edit a Normal mode game (and is likely to corrupt your savegame). The editor is a very simple memory editor that is easily detectable by Steam. If you try to edit online games, you will be banned. You have been warned - I am not responsible for any bans.
  • Q: Can I edit player ability?
  • A: Yes. You can offset by a specified +/- percentage, or randomize player ability (within specified limits). However, you cannot view ability or potential ability. (This limitation is requested by the game's developers).
  • Q: Does the editor run on Mac, Linux or mobile devices?
  • A: No. I have tested it in Windows 7 and 10. If there is high demand, then I could look into porting to other platforms.
  • Q: Where is the download link?
  • A: Click on a version name in the table below.
  • Q: How did you write this editor?
  • A: The original version was written (in C#) by Fe98 more than a decade ago, based on a huge community effort to reverse-engineer earlier versions of the game. They deserve most of the credit. I have just updated and added features.
  • Q: Is the editor finished?
  • A: No. There are a lot of features that I am still working on. Please feel free to suggest anything else you would like to see in the editor.
Downloads:

VersionDateDescription
2020.07-0106/07/2020First public release.
2020.07-0206/07/2020Fixed unknown contracts. Thanks @ahmedleo414.
2020.08-0108/07/2020Update for patch 20.08.
2020.08-0212/07/2020Added ability/potential offset %.
2020.08-0318/07/2020Integrated Selection Editor.
2020.08-0418/07/2020Added support for demo.
2020.09-0119/07/2020Update for patch 20.09. Integrated Squad Editor.
2020.10-0106/08/2020Update for patch 20.10. Added several missing nationalities.
2020.10-0210/08/2020Fixed Squad Editor. Added player appearance.
2020.11-0120/08/2020Update for patch 20.11.
2020.14-0114/03/2021Update for patch 20.14. Patched vulnerabilities in Squad Editor.

Can somebody please help me in solving this matter? I tried several times loaded my game in easy mode and every time I open editor it shows this error. Please Help!!

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 19

weetabixharry

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Great. Would it be possible to amend the editor so we can use it in Normal game mode now?
No, that will not be possible yet. There is perhaps a possibility for Cricket Captain 2021.

Can somebody please help me in solving this matter? I tried several times loaded my game in easy mode and every time I open editor it shows this error. Please Help!!
What version of Cricket Captain are you running?

Users who are viewing this thread