Changing Team Names

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Read my posts. I never once said 'original' exe. In fact I've been trying to make it clear that you don't want the original exe.
If you download the Scotland patch I made that has an unencoded exe.

noone

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
barmyarmy said:
The exe is pretty obviously what you use to run the game. It is the C2k4 root directory. Remember you'll need an unencoded (original) one.

It says unencoded ORIGINAL one?????

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Ok, I'm currently engaged in some team name editing for someone at CW for an NZ Domestic Patch.
I'm totally stumped as to why I can't edit Victoria without it crashing the game. If I change as much as one letter it crashes it yet I can edit Queensland, Tasmania etc with no problems.
Would someone who has done C2k4 team name editing recently mind giving it a go? Just change the name Victoria to anything and run a game with them in. NSW giving me probs as well.
Help would be appreciated.

gaurav_indian

International Coach
barmyarmy said:
Ok, I'm currently engaged in some team name editing for someone at CW for an NZ Domestic Patch.
I'm totally stumped as to why I can't edit Victoria without it crashing the game. If I change as much as one letter it crashes it yet I can edit Queensland, Tasmania etc with no problems.
Would someone who has done C2k4 team name editing recently mind giving it a go? Just change the name Victoria to anything and run a game with them in. NSW giving me probs as well.
Help would be appreciated.
Mate is their any tutorial that helps in learning hex editing?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Think they're might be. Not sure where though.
Anyway don't worry about the above problem. I just edited two different teams and used the fixtures editor.

Bala

International Coach
Colin

I am currently working on an Indian Domestic Patch for C2004. Though I have followed your tutorials step by step for the team name editing, I cannot find the names of the teams. For eg, When I do an ASCII search for "Essex", the message says "String cannot be found". I use Hackman for the Hex editing. What could possibly have gone wrong. Am I to turn on someoptions. I cannot find the names of any team or even their short names.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Sounds like you're searching the wrong exe. You have to edit the unencoded one. I'll post it here if you don't have it.

Bala

International Coach
barmyarmy said:
Sounds like you're searching the wrong exe. You have to edit the unencoded one. I'll post it here if you don't have it.
I used the exe which is in the CD. Is that the correct one. If not, could you post the exe. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread