Chris Broad / Stuart Broad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
First-class prick, how in the world did he become an ICC Match Referee?

Surely ICC Match Referees should be former players who had good disciplinary records themselves?

Today, he has a word with Aamer about running into Ponting when Ponting clearly elbowed him - I mean, are you serious?

Then Ponting hits Asif with his helmet as he's walking off for duck while Asif is standing completely motionless.

Unbelievable.

Insomniac added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

And one must consider Broad's history as a player, and then wonder how he ever became a match referee.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Well I dunno about the Ponting/Asif incident I didn't see it. But the one with Aamer, MA should never have been that close in the first place and Ricky was just bracing for impact, preparing for the worst - as he should be after Aamer ran into Clarke a few days ago. And the photos show Aamer's elbows were out a little too mate. Lets not let too many facts get into a good story. Honestly, there was nothing in the incident. No one was angry eg. Suli Benn vs Mitch Johnson or Shane Watson vs Gautam Gambhir type crap. It was all pretty innocent.

Last edited:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
You should be glad that he didn't get any ban like Benn did. I thought he would get at least 1 match ban, just because it's against Ponting.

Then Ponting hits Asif with his helmet as he's walking off for duck while Asif is standing completely motionless.
Wtf? Now that's stupid. Don't stretch it

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Watch at 1:33

YouTube - Muhammad Amir and Ricky Ponting Elbow Clash Aus vs Pak 1st Test 2010

Clearly Ponting elbowing him - fair enough he was close, but Aamer was moving away from Ponting.

Insomniac added 3 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

You should be glad that he didn't get any ban like Benn did. I thought he would get at least 1 match ban, just because it's against Ponting.

Wtf? Now that's stupid. Don't starch it
Sorry, not hits - grazes at the very least.

But he made such a whiny complaint to the umpire, I don't know why he would get near Asif after getting out.

119335.jpg

D

Dutch

Yep he definitely goes for him! Would have been at least a yellow if the game was football. Not nice from, Ponting, not nice at all!:(

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Watch at 1:33

YouTube - Muhammad Amir and Ricky Ponting Elbow Clash Aus vs Pak 1st Test 2010

Clearly Ponting elbowing him - fair enough he was close, but Aamer was moving away from Ponting.

Yep Ponting made contact, but Aamer was in his area. BOTH sides in the wrong mate. Stop making it sound like a conspiracy. Aamer got warned by Broad, dunno about Ponting, but he's more likely to know the rules don't you think having played for 15 years and not having any elbowing incidents on his record?

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Yep Ponting made contact, but Aamer was in his area. BOTH sides in the wrong mate. Stop making it sound like a conspiracy. Aamer got warned by Broad, dunno about Ponting, but he's more likely to know the rules don't you think having played for 15 years and not having any elbowing incidents on his record?
Ponting wasn't spoken to about the incident as far as I am aware.

And if you use the area excuse, then what is he doing in Mohammad Asif's area in the second innings?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Meh, nothing incident. Would of been harsh had either player been given a fine/ban tbh.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I haven't seen the Asif one yet :)

Also that video you posted clearly shows Aamer running AT Ponting before swerving away at the last minute. If you see someone running at you what are you going to do? Brace for impact, which is what Ponting did by standing up taller and sticking his shoulder out a la Andrew Symonds vs streaker a few years back. Ricky probably let his elbow hang out a bit longer than he should, but the only reason the elbow was there in the first place was that Aamer was running at him and he was going to use it as a brace for contact. As I said, fault on both sides but I think Aamer starts it and that's why he got the talking to which he obviously needed since he did the same thing with Michael Clarke last week.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I don't understand really why Ponting is being cautioned also for the first incident. It would make sense if that would have happened also.

And I've seen the incident between Ponting and Asif. Asif was celebrating and had his arms in the sky. Behind his back came Ponting and slighty headbutted Asif's fingers with his helmet. I don't know what happened afterwards.

Aamer told to take care after Ponting clash
Brydon Coverdale at Lord's
July 14, 2010
Pakistan v Australia: Mohammad Aamer told to take care after clash with Ricky Ponting | Cricket News | Pakistan v Australia 2010 | Cricinfo.com

Insomniac

Title Recipient
If I'm bracing for impact, I'm gonna swerve out of the way, or bend my body back a little bit moving out of the line - not have an aggressive action as Ponting showed.

An elbow is an aggressive mood - if you are avoiding someone in the hall at work (small hallway) you will move out of the way or move sideways - not elbow them (unless you don't like them).

If you're bracing for impact, you would tuck your elbow in, not leave it hanging out - that makes no sense.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Look at Ponting's head, it's going away from Asif. Asif stretched, while Ponting was walking off. No 1 is hitting any 1 :facepalm

Insomniac

Title Recipient
But Asif's hands definitely grazed his helmet and gives it a readjustment as well.

But if Asif is standing motionless, then why was a big deal about the whole personal space issue brought up when Ponting is going to invade Asif's.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Today Broad told Aamer this:

"I told him that when he takes a wicket, he should celebrate with his team-mates rather than getting himself into the personal space of the outgoing batsman. It's a spirit of cricket issue."

So now Broad can tell Ponting this:

"I told him that when he gets out, he should deal his frustration with his team-mates rather than getting himself into the personal space of the celebrating bowler. It's a spirit of cricket issue."

I don't think it will happen though.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Today Broad told Aamer this:

"I told him that when he takes a wicket, he should celebrate with his team-mates rather than getting himself into the personal space of the outgoing batsman. It's a spirit of cricket issue."

So now Broad can tell Ponting this:

"I told him that when he gets out, he should deal his frustration with his team-mates rather than getting himself into the personal space of the celebrating bowler. It's a spirit of cricket issue."

I don't think it will happen though.

Ha. In front of the batsman's face is not the personal space of the bowler. You aren't too bright without your BBC articles are you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread