Your Cricket Club Competitions

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just wondering if any of your clubs have any annual competitions.

We had our annual 'Sixes' competition on today's Bank Holiday Monday. Each team has 6 players on a full size cricket pitch and each player bowls an over, except the keeper. Knockout competition, which is always good fun.

Today I captained a decent side full of our regular Sunday players. We tied the first game, and should've been given the win seeing as we had taken more wickets than the opposition (we took 4, me taking 2 off my over, and they didn't get any). But being the sore loser he is, Cozzy, the opposition skipper, insisted that we have a bowl out. We did, and we lost it.

That meant we went into the 'Plate' competition, the prize being, funnily enough, a plate. Basically the losers cup. We came up against the Radcliffe Ladies, who are always smashed and always wear women's clothing. They had won the cup in the previous two years but we absolutely destroyed them, having them 14 for 5 off just 3 overs and finally beating them by about 30 runs.

That meant we went into the 'Plate' final. We again were cheated by Cozzy as he gave several no balls to 'Batman' that weren't and the over ended up going for a tonne of runs. From then on we ahd no chance and lost comfortably.

On a personal note it was a fairly good day for me, bowling 3 overs and only going for 15 runs, which is pretty awesome seeing as you only have 4 fielders with tiny boundaries.

So, any of you played in any annual club competitions?

shubhrayu

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
We do have An annual club competition here in Pune...which runs for 12 days in January..It's just a T20 Tournament but it's all fun...Our Club hosted it in 2009 and again we're the hosts for 2010..As because we attracted a large crowd..And were good hosts...

Users who are viewing this thread