Commentary Bias

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
I like the way ian chappel gives perspective from both sides of the coin.Also sanjay manjrekar is a good commentator.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ian Chappell is the smartest guy on Channel 9..He knows so much...hes right up there with Riche in my mind

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I like listening to Ian Chappell as well (it's a shame his voice and delivery aren't great), but he says the same things over and over again. He loves berating the front ball no ball rule, and I notice today he wasn't complaining so much about the new Mankad/backing up rule - a real change for him. And I just knew he would point out Franklin catching with the palms pointing up today. But he is unbiased mainly because he talks up the international players. Some he really fancies eg. He has a big man crush on Brian Lara (for a while he loved Ricardo Powell as well) and this summer it's Jacob Oram.

Most biased - definitely Bill Lawry - no one else in the same parish (as he would say). Problem he has is that he doesn't seem to think before he speaks and just blurts out the same old rubbish constantly, cliches and way too much praise. Listen to him talk about the Australian fielding (which he'll do at least three times every time we field) - first he'll mention they are a great side in the field - then he'll mention that Symonds is such a great fielder and how he saves so many runs - then he'll mention about 5 others... From anyone else I could handle it, but he just spouts this stuff so often and in every game that it gets really old, really fast. He's my main motivation to switch to radio.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We all know Bill Lawry is a biased Australian, thats what makes him funny to listen to.

"Oh Glenn McGrath!!!! You Little Ripper!!"

"Shane Warne He is a Proud Victorian, and an Amazing Competitor."

Users who are viewing this thread