All About Commentators?

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Jonathan Agnew should be up there if we talking about TMS. People tend to forget about him, since he is not heard on TV.

----------

I'm not a fan of many commentators tbh, can't stand most of our kiwi ones especially Danny Morrison, the guy is embarrassing the country his commentary is that bad. Mark Nicholas is also horrendous, especially on the Channel 9 broadcasts. I've always really liked Bishop, Botham, Holding, Warne and Bumble.

----------

Mark Taylor is also pretty decent.

Mark Nicholas is a interesting case. I think he is a very good commentator, excellent cricket analyst. I recall during the famous 2005 Ashes summer, when cricket was still on free-to-air TV on channel - his commentary that summer was brilliant.

However since Benaud left channel 9, in AUS at times he tries too hard to be the "voice of cricket", since essentially that is what Richie Benaud was since the 80s ever since legendary John Arlott died.

Nicholas tries is always trying to make a superlative comment in every sentence on air these days.

For NZ commentators - I actually think Doull & Ian Smith are pretty good.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
commentators are always better when their team is rubbish, it's just irritating listening to fanboys be chearleaders on national TV. sorry New Zealand but your commentary is usually pretty good.

chappell is good, except when he's going on about over-defensive fields as it's a bit of a broken record issue with him.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What SB mentioned. I like listening to Shane Warne, Holding, Ian Chappell and David Lloyd. Danny Morrison looked to me as the modern day Tony Greig early on but of late his commentary has lost that charm.

A bit off topic but this one is gold from David Lloyd. Miss Tony Greig. He was brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Nasser Hussain and Sourav Ganguly seem to be level-headed and quite decent.

Harsha Bhogle tries to be too cute at times and hence annoying. His commentary has got predictable and stagnant.

Dravid is good too, and balanced.

coolash1

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Best Is Danny Morrison And David Lloyd

Users who are viewing this thread