harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I want to launch a petition to request Sivaramakrishnan to stop being a commentator. At least, if he wants to, let him and and commentate on a match like West Indies vs Zimbabwe and not bother us poor Indian folk here :D

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
irottev said:
The South African commentary team is a joke. Definatly the worst I have ever heard. 1 is a woman and 1 is from Zimbabwe. 2 problems already.

Lets just rephrase that to the SABC commentators are no good.Supersports commentators are excelent.Barry Richards,Pat Symcox,Alan Donald,Robin Jackman,and my favourite,Mike Haysmen.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
South African commentators have an annoying accent (e.g. "naanty naane" (ninety nine) by Barry Richards) and NZ commentators have a peculiar nasal manner of speaking. Both are annoying...

irottev

School Cricketer
Gibbsrules said:
Lets just rephrase that to the SABC commentators are no good.Supersports commentators are excelent.Barry Richards,Pat Symcox,Alan Donald,Robin Jackman,and my favourite,Mike Haysmen.

Ahhhh, dammit, we get the cheap lot. lol. Sorry I wasn't aware you had two sets of coverage.

Our commentators can be annoying, especially Richardson but they are knowledgeable and smart at least.

yashved

School Cricketer
harishankar said:
I want to launch a petition to request Sivaramakrishnan to stop being a commentator. At least, if he wants to, let him and and commentate on a match like West Indies vs Zimbabwe and not bother us poor Indian folk here :D

Really, I think Sivaramakrishnan as well as Arun Lal should both be commentators either at the local level or in matches like W.I. and Zim as you mentioned.... :)

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
dean jones

Jones brought a bit of light banter into the commentary box and spared us from the stiff upper lipped English and Indian commentators in the recent series... I wish there were more like him. He always has something that makes you chuckle :)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Dude,i mute the televison whenever these ppl are commentating.
Anyways,once the BCCI comes up with it's own channel you might as well have to listen to the BCCI president.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm not quite sure where this stereotype that all English are posh comes from.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I'm not quite sure where this stereotype that all English are posh comes from.

Not all of them of course. But a few like Ian Botham are quite annoying. Obviously Nasser Hussein is an exception. He's the most sensible English commentator to date.

Another thing that makes English commentators appear posh or reserved is their lack of enthusiasm for the action out there and their constant cribbing about the English team's misfortunes and their great performance in spite of it..

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
harishankar said:
Not all of them of course. But a few like Ian Botham are quite annoying. Obviously Nasser Hussein is an exception. He's the most sensible English commentator to date.

Another thing that makes English commentators appear posh or reserved is their lack of enthusiasm for the action out there and their constant cribbing about the English team's misfortunes and their great performance in spite of it..
I still remember at Edgbaston (if I m correct) when Eng needed one wicket to win, Nasser Hussain did look a bit excited and talked about English misfortunes.:D

newzolt

Club Captain
harishankar said:

I agree Nasser Hussain is a good thinking commentator.Geoff Boycott is being missed.

Users who are viewing this thread