Best Commentator

daggers24

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
having been watching the coverage of india v england today i think dean jones is quality especially when he was co commentating with david gower they were real funny i don t normally like gower. also a mention has to go to bumble the man is a comic genius i don t know if sid waddell knows anything about cricket but if he does he should co commentate with bumble would be something else

Englishandproud

Club Cricketer
Agree with Stevie and daggers24, Bumble is a legend expecially on those 20/20 matches his commentry is classic.
Bob willis as said earl in the thread is boring and always moaning.

dtrain

Club Cricketer
I really like Mark Nicholas as well. He is a very unbiased commentator, has a very soothing voice, and gets the best out of whoever he is teamed with. He constantly probes who he is in the box with, getting in depth answers and really opening up other commentators views on the game.

YOTC

Club Cricketer
Where's Aggers.

Harsha is cool, so is Siddhu (the siddhuisms). Slats and Athers, what a combo, brilliant.

Mark Nicholas, superlative!

Kerry O'Keefe, when the cricket is ****, he can keep you entertained for hours.

The worst -
Tony Greig - just stupid, sometimes you wonder if he actually watching the game
Botham - Ugh off the drugs mate
Chappel, Ian - Waa waa waa. Hypocrital baby.
Ian Healy - Sure give alot of **** to batsmen averaging 50+ about their techniques, considering he didn't even average 30.
Boycott - all of the above.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The worst -

I second that. He makes some of the most awful blunders on a regular basis and for an expert commentator, that's just poor.

For eg. when Gilchrist struck the ball hard into the ground and it went past cover point he said "that's high in the air..."

Also he makes mistakes with team names quite regularly. In the past I've heard him say "South Africa" when it was Sri Lanka playing and so on...

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
YOTC said:
Where's Aggers.

Harsha is cool, so is Siddhu (the siddhuisms). Slats and Athers, what a combo, brilliant.

Mark Nicholas, superlative!

Kerry O'Keefe, when the cricket is ****, he can keep you entertained for hours.

The worst -
Botham - Ugh off the drugs mate
Chappel, Ian - Waa waa waa. Hypocrital baby.
Ian Healy - Sure give alot of **** to batsmen averaging 50+ about their techniques, considering he didn't even average 30.
Boycott - all of the above.

Just because we have filters that censor swear words does not mean you should feel free to use them. This forum has people from all ages, and the staff would appreciate it if you don't swear in your posts.

Blaze_UK

School Cricketer
Englishandproud said:
Bob willis as said earl in the thread is boring and always moaning.

I'd agree with that. He and Ashley Giles in the studio for the last England vs. India test was one of the most soporiphic pairings that I've ever seen. Admittedly, Willis isn't (to my mind, at least) quite so intolerable when there's someone with a modicum of enthusiasm, (be it Bumble or whoever else) to temper the latent pessimism that he exudes. At least many of the other commentators renowned for their negativity (I'm particularly talking of Mr. Boycott here) have their inherent pessimism ameliorated by the vehemence of their views.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Blaze_UK said:
I'd agree with that. He and Ashley Giles in the studio for the last England vs. India test was one of the most soporiphic pairings that I've ever seen.

Having Ashley Giles in the studio probably calmed Willis down a bit. On one of the days when Giles wasn't there, Willis went on a rant about left-arm "so-called" spinners. Wonder who he was talking about? :D

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
daggers24 said:
having been watching the coverage of india v england today i think dean jones is quality especially when he was co commentating with david gower they were real funny i don t normally like gower. also a mention has to go to bumble the man is a comic genius i don t know if sid waddell knows anything about cricket but if he does he should co commentate with bumble would be something else

Ah, What a pairing Waddle and Bumble would be! :p

I think the whole C4 commentary team was great during last years Ashes except for Nicholas, he was way to posh.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I don't know why people think anyone who speaks English with a few inorthodox words thrown in is 'posh'.
Anyway, I don't particularly like the Indian commentators. I can't remember which one it is but he pronounces 'Panesar' really badly.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
hmm... Ramiz Raja will be Pakistan's Greatest Commentator ?

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
SkateBoarder said:
I don't know why people think anyone who speaks English with a few inorthodox words thrown in is 'posh'.
Anyway, I don't particularly like the Indian commentators. I can't remember which one it is but he pronounces 'Panesar' really badly.
It's probably Srinath or Arun Lal you're talking about. To be honest, they pronounce it the way it's meant to be. The English pronounce it with an incorrect accent.

Greenidge

School Cricketer
My favourites would have to be Sidhu and Michael Slater. Bryan Waddle would be the best radio commentator I've heard. Sometimes viewers have absolutely no idea what Sidhu is going on about but he's always interesting.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Drewska said:
Ah, What a pairing Waddle and Bumble would be! :p

I think the whole C4 commentary team was great during last years Ashes except for Nicholas, he was way to posh.

SkateBoarder said:

I think you either really like Mark Nicholas or you hate him. I've not seen many people say 'he's alright'. I personally like him alot.

Users who are viewing this thread