Commentary Clips

S

steve121157

The two Tony Greig WAVs are now below............. :mellow:

S

steve121157

Here's the second one (for a six hit) Managed to blend it in with a better crowd sound.
Seems a bit over the top but I know some of you like that :o Best for a one day game I would imagine.

Again right click and choose 'save target as' is the best way if there are any problems downloading :)

Attachments

• greatsix.zip
    311.3 KB · Views: 98
S

steve121157

:o I've improved the first one again......this :unsure: is better.

Attachments

• Great_shot__NEW.zip
    314 KB · Views: 74

l6a6w6s6

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thanx Steve for uploading again. This is a good way to make c2002 more interesting by adding new commentators. Surely, Tony Greig is best commentator in all and my favorite.

Pat, please send some more clips to Steve if u can. (Tony, Ravi etc)

I

imported_crazy axe man

great shot oh boy second 1 is perfect for game gud work steve i appreciate ur work...... :cheer: ............Tony greig is a very gud commentator n i hope cricket 2002 more intresting by adding Tony greig, Ravi shastri n Rameez raja,

E

electioneering

Guys tell me should i upload some more clips(mostly of tony grieg and few of others) considering the fact tht many clips are for bounadaries and few r for catches or lbw etc.
Steve is it poss. to insert such clips in the game?(I mean one for six,one for good shot etc.)

l6a6w6s6

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ofcourse Pat, u should send more clips to Steve :) I think that is what everybody is waiting for. Try to send more of Tony Greig, Ramiz Raja and Ravi Shastri. I hope Steve would like to work on it as well as he is a perfect mate with sound editing.

Can anybody tell me where to place these files (like "greatsix")? bcoz i could not find where is the commentry file for 6's and 4's.

S

steve121157

Pat ,just keep posting a couple on here and I'll mix them ..no trouble.
After that it's up to you or anyone how you use them.
Can't really help with the sound banks..that's a bit too advanced for me.

As I said in another post somewhere, it's a shame there are no easily edited sound scripts in Cricket2002 for every possible situation like the brilliant ones in the golf game Links 2003 for which I've made over 300 :o good stereo commentary clips of Peter Alliss and Alex Hay from BBC coverage over the last year....should be a few commas in there somewhere!
The sound bank in the game is simple to edit and mine currently stands at 258MB.

I know it's not cricket but if anyone's interested here's one of the best (golf) ones I've made for you to listen to how good they are.. :huh: below
If it's not ok to do this I'll take it off... :rolleyes:

S

steve121157

Peter Alliss golf sample

Attachments

• Peter_Alliss_good_putt_commentary.zip
    222.2 KB · Views: 74
E

electioneering

I think vineet might be able to help in this matter(editing sound banks).If anyone comes forward to help, i will post more clips,coz without tht, its no use getting or patching clips,which cannot be inserted in the game

A

Admin

As I said before they are pretty similar to the pak files and can be edited only by manually replacing each wav file using a hex editor. The outline of how to do that is given in the tutorial for pak file editing on the site. As far as I know there is no program that allows you to automate this...unless someone writes a program for it like Tom Hicks did for the names.pak file (Player Editor).

If you have only a few clips to replace or have sufficient patience though you could do this manually and use a patch generator to store just the difference in bytes between the original file and the new file so that when a person applied this he would have your modifications.

Users who are viewing this thread