Commentary Thread

Highlander999

ICC President
LOL, who can out throw the match? :p I could be cauing a real upset if my bowlers keep this up. It's a tough batting pitch though and his bowling is one of the best going around, so we'll have to see......

End of Over 24: 88-2, runrate=3.67

Makel 2-0-9-0

Blignaut* 8 (21 balls)
Reaboka 37 (69 balls)

Last Wicket: Dliza b. Rigler 33 (FOW: 72/2)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
My match is puzzling me.

End of Over 35: 112-0, runrate=3.20, reqrunrate=4.07 (172-5)
Miles 8-0-23-0
Samuel* 52 (90 balls)
Hawkins 57 (120 balls)

I'm chasing on a Hard and Fast pitch.

Both my openers are on defensive batting (since that's their batting aggression), but geez, this is ridiculous.

Highlander999

ICC President
Good start to the over :)

39.1 W Ingham to Blignaut
A classic run out blunder here. Blignaut has been called through by the non-striker, only to have him change his mind two strides into the run. A great underarm flick pass from Makel to Hollis and the bails are off and Blignaut has to go.

but this guy better not make a score now after this happened with his first ball!!!

39.2 . Ingham to Spearitt
No movement from the slip cordon whatsoever, that ball has completely split them. Ingham isn't at all happy.

Still very happy with this bowling performance :) These final 10 are crucial for me....

End of Over 40: 165-3, runrate=4.13

Ingham 10-0-33-0

Reaboka* 65 (111 balls)
Spearitt 2 (5 balls)

Last Wicket: Blignaut Run Out 53 (FOW: 163/3)

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
End of Over 45: 251-1, runrate=5.58
Payton 10-1-51-0
Croft* 150 (120 balls)
Rix 82 (70 balls)
Last Wicket: Austin b. Pringle 14 (FOW: 60/1)

Think he might be pushing on a bit now, although my batting does read

1. Prof/Med
2. Superb/Resp
3. Med/Comp
4. Remarkable/Resp
5. Strong/Resp
6. Med/Med

Could be an interesting chase :p.

Highlander999

ICC President
Should be an interesting run-chase. If the likes of Chav, Ingham and Carlisle needed to perform with the bat to show their quality, it's today. Manders again showing what a legend he is :p

End of Over 50: 218-8, runrate=4.36

Manders 10-0-37-5

Anwar* 1 (3 balls)
Pieter 2 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Falk c. Hollis b. Manders 0 (FOW: 216/8)

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
End of Over 12: 67-2, runrate=5.58, reqrunrate=6.21 (302-1)
Honey 1-0-7-0
Malcolm* 17 (26 balls)
Vivekanand 8 (9 balls)
Last Wicket: Pasea lbw b. Willis 9 (FOW: 53/2)

The chase is on, got my Remarkable and Super batsman in now. Need them to capitalize.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Bushwackers 9/136 (50.0)
Ridge 54
Gross 5/12

Innings highlights :p

Code:
6.1 	.	[COLOR="DarkRed"]Wharrad[/COLOR] to [COLOR="DarkRed"]Mcinerney[/COLOR]
 	 	[b][color="Blue"]That was a chance. Gross will claim he lost the ball in the 
		glare of the sun, but really he can have no excuses there. 
		A dolly.[/COLOR][/b]

9.6 	.	[COLOR="DarkRed"]Lee[/COLOR] to [COLOR="DarkRed"]Wheeler[/COLOR]
 	 	[b][color="Blue"]Haughton spills a sitter. A wag in the crowd suggests that he 
		should change his name by deed poll to 'Mr Clumsy'. [/COLOR][/b]

32.1 	.	[COLOR="DarkRed"]Saunders[/COLOR] to [COLOR="DarkRed"]Colley[/COLOR]
 	 	[b][color="Blue"]My granny could have caught that one. Sadly Barton lacks her 
		talent.[/COLOR][/b]

37.4 	[b]W    [/b]	[COLOR="DarkRed"]Gross[/COLOR] to [COLOR="DarkRed"]Warlock[/COLOR]
 	 	[b][color="Red"]Good grief! Amazing take by Wharrad! That hook shot was 
		heading over the rope! He leapt like a man posessed, knocked 
		the ball back infield before landing, then dived forwards 
		to complete the catch. The crowd are going nuts![/COLOR][/b]

40.6 	.	[COLOR="DarkRed"]Gross[/COLOR] to [COLOR="DarkRed"]Finch[/COLOR]
 	 	[b][color="Blue"]Dollied up to Saunders at cover and it's dropped. Awful 
		cricket. Gross is not happy, and who can blame him?[/COLOR][/b]

42.6 	.	[COLOR="DarkRed"]Gross[/COLOR] to [COLOR="DarkRed"]Worsnop[/COLOR]
 	 	[b][color="Blue"]Smacked straight back at Gross but he doesn't react in time 
		and the ball cracks into his knee. Ouch![/COLOR][/b]

Last edited:

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Your player missed that many catches in our game we played last season :p

angryangy

ICC Chairman
My word!

Code:
5.5 	.	[color="DarkRed"]Ahmed[/color] to [color="DarkRed"]Maxim[/color]
 	 	[b][color="Blue"]He's got him! What a catch....Wait, no, Haughton shakes his 
		head and is waving them off. He just couldn't get his fingers 
		underneath in time. Good sportsmanship from Haughton, and the 
		crowd recognize this with a warm ripple of approval.[/color][/b]

11.5 	.	[color="DarkRed"]Cable[/color] to [color="DarkRed"]Myirha[/color]
 	 	[b][color="Blue"]Dodge put it down. That's one he should have held.[/color][/b]

31.6 	.	[color="DarkRed"]Cable[/color] to [color="DarkRed"]Mills[/color]
 	 	[b][color="Blue"]Straight through the hands of short leg. I have some sympathy 
		for Barton fielding in that close; he would've needed cat-like 
		reflexes to take that. Perhaps a saucer of milk tonight lad?[/color][/b]

Funknath

Panel of Selectors
Should just sell them IMO :spy

Funknath added 1 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Oh I thought you were bowling :p

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Can't really sell them all! Just hoping they learn to catch soon!
:yes
:laugh
:(
:crying

No matter! For all and sundry, I'm interested in collecting some catch stats for players with fielding skill of exceptional or above. I've been looking at all limited overs games this season, as well as Friendlies from July 11 onwards, but you don't have to do all that. All you need to do is NAME AND SHAME THEM. I can trawl the commentaries.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
What a great win. Griffith scored 99 off 52 (shame he didn't make his century, getting out with the score at 130/3). Baliram then hit 51 off 36 to get me to a score of 190. The bowlers did a reasonable job, winning by 17 runs, Clayden 1/28, Gilroy 1/31 and Deane 1/37. Watkins who is my worst bowler didn't do any well with 0/39.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Big Bad Quicks won the toss and elected to field, but it's a sunny day and an absolute belter; Fighting Mongooses would have batted anyway.

The runs started to flow, but so did the wickets. After 6 overs, they were 3/40 and after 10 overs, 4/72, all wickets falling to the seamer Gary Laker.

However, Dodge dug in with a belligerent Sephake who produced a stunning 67 ball century. Before long, he too was out to Laker, who finished with the unusual figures of 5/80.

The score was 5/205 in 30 overs. Reality suggests that a team in this position can score close to 400. However, Battrick history says that teams in this position don't often bat out their overs.

Dodge got to 50 in 68 balls, but as he tired, he was unable to keep up the pace, facing 66 balls for his last 34. Saunders however struggled to get going at all, scoring 18 from 42 balls before finding some boundaries to get to a lacklustre 38 not out from his 52. Strangely, they batted out the match, but the partnership only produced 75 from the last 20 overs, with only 5 boundaries. Had they fumbled a victorious position?

Fighting Mongooses 5/280 (50.0)
Sephake 103
Dodge 89*
Laker 5/80

Wharrad and Townley found nothing much in search of early wickets, conceding 59 from the first 10. It could have gone worse however and promptly it did; after 16 overs the score was 109, with Bullock charging to 50 in 42 balls.

With the run rate at 6.81, something bizarre happened: 4 consecutive maidens. Saunders bowled the first, in which he had Curle caught by Wharrad for 45. Gross, operating in a new role off the new ball, then got the danger-man Bullock to pick out Saunders for 62. When the pair finished their spells, the run rate had dropped to 5.17. With Nico and Moloto struggling, Moloto was run out, but Dodge spilled a chance to get Nico for 17.

After 30 overs, Big Bad Quicks were 3/139, the run rate down to 4.63. Wharrad produced an off stump thunderbolt to dismiss Farr for just 1 run, but thereafter, the batsmen worked to regain respectability.

They had advanced the score to 4/188 by the 40th over. The run rate had bounced back to 4.7, but Gross and Townley had returned to the attack to bowl out. Gross dismissed Nico for 49, then Austin first ball. It was Townley who got to exact revenge on Laker, while Gross wrapped it up with the last 3 wickets.

Big Bad Quicks 206 (44.5)
Bullock 62
Nico 49
Curle 45
Gross 6/15 (7.5)

I feel like I'm getting a handle on the way the engine is treating defensiveness. It seems to have much more impact. Defensive bowling and batting results in a totally neutral final ten, but weaker batsmen seem to have a better chance of getting through the innings. I know I would have been more disappointed with 250 all out compared to 5/280. At the same time, aggressive bowling seems to be more expensive for less chance of a wicket. All in all, there seems to be more variation of outcomes, which is possibly good for the game.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I was worried after this
End of Over 40: 192-2, runrate=4.80, reqrunrate=4.70 (238-3)
Mampe 10-0-62-0
Chillingworth* 105 (121 balls)
Attwood 70 (102 balls)
Last Wicket: Attwood b. Willem 1 (FOW: 21/2)

But my two star bowlers look to have got me home.

End of Over 48: 215-6, runrate=4.48, reqrunrate=12.00 (238-3)
Fernandes 9-1-33-2
Mceverley* 10 (21 balls)
Nomvete 2 (4 balls)
Last Wicket: Hansie lbw b. Fernandes 0 (FOW: 209/6)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Over estimated my opponent when they were 50-1 :p Later, I realized that they collapsed for 86!

End of Over 4: 12-0, runrate=3.00, reqrunrate=1.63 (86-10)
Bochare 2-1-3-0
Bishop* 5 (10 balls)
Heads 3 (14 balls)

Com'on Tigers for an easy win! :banana2

Users who are viewing this thread