Comparing BLIC 05 & BLIC 07

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thanks to JK?s idea of Cricket 2005/07 comparing.

Hey guys I got One of the Screenshot from BLIC 05, this is not from my PC and it is from one of the screenshots that was released before BLIC 05 came out, so it must be hi-res when they took it. Just underlined with red some of the things that may be different, Both screenshots are completely different if you look at bowler shot, the bowler is bowling other way round, the batsman is playing diffrent shot (etc.. etc..) but it may just give a small idea of that big improvement that I see(feel).

abitdiffvg2.jpg

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Well you can see that it's less cartoony this time around. It also seems more realistic. The umpire isn't giving his full concentration to the ball being bowled. The bowler's feet are pointing in the right direction. The keeper is crouching. The shadows look better this time around. But I guess we can ony decide when we receive in-game screenshots. I don't know if these are (I am not sure).

Last edited:

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe this tells us there will be some new animations.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Pak_cricketer said:
there are defenatly some improvements, but why is the Umpire standing like that?

He looks like he might be about to signal a no ball whilst still looking to see what happens. If so looks great, if not then I have no idea :p

I do hope that those pictures are from in game, the lack of fielding map and bowling marker (both could of course have been removed for a more attractive screeny) suggest they might not be, but if they are then it is looking great, a massive step up in graphics from their last effort.

Last edited:

RIPPA MATE

Club Cricketer
i think you should compare with this shot

BLC07_shot2.jpg

because it seems more of an ingame shot while the one youve got looks to be a more of an intro thingo

Hariz

International Cricketer
The two games cant really be compared at the moment because BLIC 07 is far from being complete and this is a screenshot from the early stage of development and we will have to wait for atleast the demo to make any conclusions. Let me remind you that many screenshots of BLIC 05 showed stuff, which was actually not present in BLIC 05 like the Keeper with the cap etc....

JustT1m

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its perfectly plausable that those screenshots are ingame. They are merely "next-gen" ingame screenshots, whereas the one Rippa posted is a "current-gen" ps2 screenshot.

JustT1m

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In my opinion, the quality of the engine and ingame models has vastly improved over 2005 (even the current-gen stuff). Cant comment on any other aspect (gameplay/animations) because no one has seen the game in motion.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
JustT1m said:
In my opinion, the quality of the engine and ingame models has vastly improved over 2005 (even the current-gen stuff). Cant comment on any other aspect (gameplay/animations) because no one has seen the game in motion.
I agree that, both screenshot are diffrent, even though you can't say anything ATM like Hariz said, but I think the 'quality of the engine' or the GFX that will be good as shown by BLIC 07 people.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
good work usy the improvevments look very good. but don't expect to have graphics like the on in the 07 pic in the top post because you'd need a next-gen graphics card which aint cheap.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
thanks dree, just waiting for their TV overlay thing, I hope the new one is good.

Users who are viewing this thread