computer one day batting - erm, where is this topic ?

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So what has happened to this topic - why has it been moved. Was something wrong ?
Anyway, as per my last post on this topic, Iaq, please let me know which one of the 3 configs I have sent you in your opinion is the best , so I can forward it to BLC online.
Thanks

iaq

Club Cricketer
here is the url of that topic
http://blc.sports-gaming.com/cgi-bin....pic=457
n zim about ur config i like the last config in which cpu plays decent cricket.... cpu left many balls which r outside the off stump... n cpu attacks in early overs... n also in last 5 overs... plz go to this url u will find my score n cpu score difference.... in this config the defense of cpu is much strong n i really have to work hard for wickets.... n with ur new shots i must mention here that stroke files r now good.... now cpu is hitting sixes in last 5 overs.... which is remarable... for me i think the last configs are excellent. in this config cpu plays brilliant....
n also i like the field settings..... .. really realistic....
overall after playing many matches i prefer 3 config was excellent to play .......... in early configs the cpu plays well till 35 over then got out cheaply.... this left small target to chase.... but in this config the cpu plays 50 overs quite well...

J

jonah

zim,
Same thing happened to a topic I started once....just seemed to disappear! Is there a phantom topic deleter on the board?!
I've been busy so I've not been able to try the files you sent me much. However, I am halfway through one game, and I like it;
Pakistan (CPU) were 144 for 6 after 29 overs and I thought 'here we go, same old story....'. Then a great partnership between Razzaq and Latif of 116 helped them to score 297 for 8 after 50 overs. (Razzaq knocked a lot of singles, Latif more aggressive). They played the occasional 6-hit throughout the innings, but didn't slog until the last 5 overs.(Razzaq scored 114 not out, with only 5 fours and 1 six).
Bangladesh,(me), are currently struggling at 88 for 4 after 20 overs.....
The only things I've changed are a few stroke files (direction and power) and a few minor field changes for personal preference. So far so good!
Well done.

iaq

Club Cricketer
jonah thats what i m saying cpu is much playing well.... that is a good sign...
zim can u do it for test matches... i mean if u change cpu to defense in test matches n try to make cpu strong defense.... thats must be good for test matches....
over all excellent work

iaq

Club Cricketer
yes jonah.... cpu is playing sensible now... they attack on bowlers in very sensible way.... thts what i like most

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
jonah,
I think a phantom topic deleter it is then - weird !!!
Glad you generally liked my files also
iaq, that settles it then- over the weekend I will forward to Ste the last set of configs I sent you. I have hopefully got the balance between defence and attack about right, with a sprinkling of sixes throughout the innings.

As for test configs, babai has asked me this also. I will try and have a look, but it is harder to test than ODI's cause of the length of time involved in seeing if settings are any good.
iaq, what would you consider your ideal test settings to be ?

Anuj Puranik

School Cricketer
the fielding is DAM good now
but the field set is no good
the whole on-side and straight is clear
and the back side is fully covered

though the fielding is exellent

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
anuj
not sure about the whole of the on side and straight being clear being totally accurate, but thanks anyway for your kind words.

iaq

Club Cricketer
well zim ideal setting for test will be... the run rate must within 3 or 3 1/2 per over... the cpu must not attack early... cpu must defend his wickets... n plz try to make cpu defense strong as u did in odi......... i m really gald to have a nice configs ... 1 more thing i must tell u is that i played another game on hard wicket... cpu scored was 244/9 50 overs... n i was bowled out for 190....
i iwsh if u make good configs for test as well
best wishes

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
iaq,
ok will have a go over the weekend and will see if I have any joy. I agree that strong defense and low scoring rates are needed by cpu to make it realistic. Not the usual 5-7 runs per over rubbish .

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread