Computer Shutsdown When Gaming.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just got a new PC (Well old but from Mumsy's work). It's a specialty office computer, not for gaming. I have ordered a new/much better graphics card but was just wondering. When I play games such as CSS or ET my computer shuts it self down after a while (is quite loud when running the game too). Is this just the card not being able to handle the games specs?

P

pcfan123

This happens to my old PC, in my case it was due to over heating. I opened the case and pointed a fan at the CPU, it worked and the comp never shut down. Ghetto, but it worked in my case.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This happens to my old PC, in my case it was due to over heating. I opened the case and pointed a fan at the CPU, it worked and the comp never shut down. Ghetto, but it worked in my case.

Your CPU fan must be the one making all the horrible noise. Office PC's are seldom cleaned. You could do with a cleaning of the CPU Heatsink.

Yeah, Overheating definitely. Clean it, and make sure it is well ventilated.

Cheers guys, I'll give it a clean. I actually did try a fan on it which gave it a bit of a longer run than usual.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
If you're familiar with the hardware, if you could remove the Ram, and GPU and clean them, and their slots, it would help as well.

Users who are viewing this thread