Config Editor anyone want to try

Wasim Akram

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello gents,
iam new to these forums,and cricket 2004.......some really cool work done on the game:)

Really cool editor Prakash!.......there is still something i would like to ask...........is there anyway i can make the CPU bat realistically......like real batsmen,on good length deliveries play and then miss the ball(outside edge beaten) and on yorkers the CPU doesnt smash it out of the park straight over the bowler's head,instead i want to make the CPU block or get bowled out on yorkers and defend the good length deliveries........
kinda very easy but iam very new to cricket simulation:p

crick4life

International Cricketer
Prakash any chance of a lineup editor from you mate. The details are in the document "Instructions for lineup editing" on the following download section.

Instructions for lineup editing

Aqwer, splendid work mate this will fix one of the major issue with this game.

T20

Panel of Selectors
that is good news! can someone send the doc to ea, looks like they are struggling to figure out ;)

Prakash

Executive member
hey shailesh thats a brilliant idea to send the doc to ea :D lol. i am not sure about the line up editor coz i dont know whether i can edit them or not

Wasim Akram

School Cricketer
:confused: umm........can someone please tell me,what values should i change if i want to make it difficult for the CPU batsmen to get underneath yorker lenth balls?
thanks for any help:)

crick4life

International Cricketer
Mate theres nothing like getting the CPU underneath a yorker. You may want to tweak one of the stroke files in the GOB file. Increase the difficulty to really huge number something like 99999, surely CPU will miss it. You have to look for a stroke file that has length 4 and probably ball batsman 2. Again its not easy to figure out, you will need to really work hard to figure out. The downfall of the change will be that you will also not be able to play the yorkers easily. Given the number of yorkers the CPU bowls you wont last very long.

Wasim Akram

School Cricketer
i meant uhh that whenever i bowl a yorker....the CPU smashes me for six......whenever i bowl a good length bowl i get hit for four......thanks for the help anyway;)

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
well i wanna ask one thing....that....when you open the editor and then any section (odi hard,etc)....at the bottom on the window there is something like....

"Current Bytes/Bytes Opened 2030/2030"

now current bytes are the length of the values and bytes opened is the max limit.

so in this example....

StrokeProb 0 0 0
Def 0
Mod 11111
Agg 33333
Six 10748

i wanna increase the def 0 to def 11111. the default values were 2908/2908 but after changing it becomes to 2912/2908. but when i do that and then save it i get an error "unable to save changes because if unequal size".

so plz tell me what should i do.

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
plz plz plz change the exe....coz i need to change these values for the next update of my patch.

i try to do it myself just now but it doesn't seems to open with hex editor.

by the way...whats ur msn or yahoo id.

Prakash

Executive member
Cricket2004 Config Editor Version 1.1

Changes :- Nothing too much, just removed the check for equal size. So make sure that you know what you are doing.

Attachments

• cfg editor.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 252

Users who are viewing this thread