Constuctive Criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
I have noticed here that the comments people get, that is especially newbies, they get vague comments, which are either too harsh or too lenient. Harsh comments discourage the new artist whereas too leniant comments make them feel overconfident even of their poor works. Comments like "Bad Work", "Very Poor" must be avoided , instead suggestions need to be given for the artist to improve. Our goal should be not to criticize, but to help others reaching a good level in Photoshop.

1. Never use words like "poor" "bad", approach the artist like a friend and not a critic.

2. Don't try to use advanced terms when you're commenting on a newbies work, just try to explain things from zero level.

3. Always start you comment with a good point, like "the artwork is really good' and then slowly pick out the negative points.

4. Try not to use the word copy, if the artwork is inspired by someone else, there is a whole lot difference between copying a work and getting inspired, using the word copy will just make the artist protect himself.

4. While commenting on the negative points, ensure that the artist is able to comprehend it. Link him to tutorials focusing on his weak point, share a .psd or two.

5. Lastly end your comment with a good note like "KIU" "you're improving" (if he is :p)

It takes a lot of practice for constructive criticism, but it's all worth it. A few graphic-artists here for example, when people used to comment good work, his development got stalled, but once he got constructive criticism he came up.

Regards.

PS: I'd like a mod to close this thread and sticky it so that it could be read by all.

Last edited by a moderator:

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
An Important reminder to new users.

A lot of you are not getting by these simple instructions.

There are many one word comments or just smileys being posted in threads. Agree there's nothing wrong with them on a post count disabled forum, but doing that degrades the worth of your posts. Even if you don't have any constructive criticism to give or if you want to appreciate artworks, make sure your opinion is known properly in your posts. Helps you and the others to gather the value of your posts.

SiriusBlack

ICC Chairman
Biennial reminder, hahaha. Please take the time to read through this thread, and apply it to your posts. Constructive criticism not only helps the creator of the artwork, but also helps you look at them critically, i.e. understand what makes a good artwork and what doesn't. I understand that a lot of you are new here, but I'm sure you can learn from some of our older members while also taking your own initiative. Let's keep this forum buzzing.. the right way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread