Commenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabeta

News Team Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
It is a very important aspect of improving your graphics, reading the comments that are given to you after you have posted a sig. However, it seems that the standard of commenting is very low, with people just posting 'Nice sig' even though there could be a lot of work done to improve it. Try to post constructive comments, and then hopefully you will receive them back in doing so.

When commenting, focus on:

1. Effects - Are there a lot of effects and do they look good, or is it a simple sig with just a couple of good effects? If there aren't enough effects or too many, say so.
2. Render - What its effects are like, and how well it is blended in.
3. Lighting - Is the lightening powerful and is there a distinction between the light/dark areas.
4. Colouring - What are the colours like? Usually you would be aiming to blend two colours in well with a sig, or maybe even more.
5. Text - Does the text look good? Is the font choice good and does the style of the text suit the sig.
6. Overall look - Is it a poor sig (Could be better)/good sig/very good sig. Maybe even give a rating, and this will give an indication of how much more they can improve.

You can use the above as a guide on how to comment on people's work and hopefully you will see them improve because of your commenting. Also, don't be scared to criticize people's work, but also say why parts of it are good.

PS: Good thread to sticky?

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
^ Was a good thread to sticky.

...So Is a good thread to read over again. I admit I haven't been doing all well commenting on People's graphics. So, a Worthwhile read for anyone who want to make themselves and their Knowledge better about Judging.

Thanks Rabz, I know you're not seeing this! :p XD

KBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread