Cric Sim Competition

rickyp

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just a question for the mods or admins or whoever reads this

Have you ever thought of starting a Cricsim competition, you may have seen it on bigfooty.com or bigcricket.com. Either way Ill tell you how it works

There is this program that spits out ball by ball commentary of cricket games that are simmed, you can use the standard programs teams or create your own. You create teams with members from planetcricket in them and have a whole season and teams and trades and rosters and everything, just like real cricket. I am in a team of Bigfooty and Bigcricket and find it great fun and very capturing.

If you are interested in starting this i would happily set it up (i.e. teams, sim games, make rosters, fixtures etc...) In My Opinion this would be a great success on planet cricket as of the large amount of frequent members and interest in the site and its features.

Mark
(Hope this hasnt already been done as i couldnt be bothered checking first)

Reply ASAP

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
Thanks for your input rickyp,

Planetcricket already has a fantasy cricket competition which is integrated with the forum and easy to use. Here is the link: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/fantasy-cricket.php
It is really fun to play, so you can check it out yourself.

I have seen CricSim competitions on other sites (run by VirtualCricket etc) and I agree that they are successful. Not sure if we need two different cricket comps on PlanetCricket.

Just my 5 cents,
Duffarama

rickyp

International Coach
i agree duff that 2 fantasy cricket comps is a lot BUT the current one is not nearly as involving as the cricsim version. If anyone plays in a cricsim league please give your input.

http://www.bigcricket.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27 - Have a look at this one from bigcricket, its only just started btw, ill give the bigfooty link when the site is done its upgrades - they have been going for years now

sid_19840

International Coach
rickyp said:
i agree duff that 2 fantasy cricket comps is a lot BUT the current one is not nearly as involving as the cricsim version. If anyone plays in a cricsim league please give your input.

http://www.bigcricket.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27 - Have a look at this one from bigcricket, its only just started btw, ill give the bigfooty link when the site is done its upgrades - they have been going for years now

Ive never seen this before,and I have a couple of questions

Is this based on the actual matches that occur on TV ?

If yes,how is it different frm Fantasy Cricket?

If no,What is it then in brief ?

rickyp

International Coach
sid_19840 said:
Ive never seen this before,and I have a couple of questions

Is this based on the actual matches that occur on TV ?

If yes,how is it different frm Fantasy Cricket?

If no,What is it then in brief ?

its a completely different thing.

(read my post above for my description)

You create your own teams filled with planet cricket members, then sim the games with them in it and you get ball by ball commentary of the matches.

You can make fixtures and many teams, have ladders, tournaments and many different options, Check out the bigcricket link for an example (look under one of the matches).

It is really involving i have found. Sorry my descriptions might not make any sense so i ask anyone who has played this before to give their views on it

sid_19840

International Coach
rickyp said:
its a completely different thing.

(read my post above for my description)

You create your own teams filled with planet cricket members, then sim the games with them in it and you get ball by ball commentary of the matches.

You can make fixtures and many teams, have ladders, tournaments and many different options, Check out the bigcricket link for an example (look under one of the matches).

It is really involving i have found. Sorry my descriptions might not make any sense so i ask anyone who has played this before to give their views on it

Sounds pretty interesting.Cheers.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I'm actually in the bigcricket one as rickyp and squiz will know :)
Its pretty cool, lots of bragging, rumours, drug scandals ....etc. Its quite cool.

rickyp

International Coach
it is great, it would definently work well on planet cricket aswell coz of the large amount of members, thats been the problem with bigcricket - not enough members to post.

BTW, i would gladly organise it all, since my summer hols have just started and am looking for something to do inbetween my actual cricket matches

sid_19840

International Coach
Ste said:
How are the matches played or the results of the matches got?

Ste

I beleive from what I can gather that the software or whatever it is called itself simulates the matches etc.

brad352

Executive member
They're done using Cricsim, which spits out ball by ball commentary as well

Basically the captains just draft players (members) who are in one of a few categories (pure bat, non pure bat [bowls a bit], all rounder, bowling all rounder etc.) which have fixed predetermined averages for each category, then put the teams in the simulator. Essentially what it amounts to is just talking a lot of crap between matches

rickyp

International Coach
Ste said:
How are the matches played or the results of the matches got?

Ste

its a program

it spits out ball by ball commentary about a match from start to finish. What you do is post the commentary so everyone can see exactly how they went, ill upload the program in 2 secs when i get it.

Thanks

muck around with this and see what you think
try making teams and setting averages and everything - if you cant be bothered, check this out and see what it will look like once up and running - http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Attachments

• cricksim.zip
    256.4 KB · Views: 42

rickyp

International Coach
Karachi Express said:
Great idea m8.....!!!!!!I also think v should have it...:cheers

nice to hear the support

Ste, i will completely organise this from the rosters to the fixtures to the match sims - just give me the Ok and ill start it

Users who are viewing this thread