Cricket 19 General Discussion

I'll never understand the way BA market games, it's quite baffling really... Would be nice to see where things are at, obviously we won't know if past issues from Ashes are fixed or not until we physically play the game, but would be nice to see something shortly.
Kind of agree, though they must be continuing with such a strategy because somehow it is working for them, and they've even continued to develop new games and even got licences from CA and ECB for the second time.

Sometimes I tend to feel that the strategy of shorter the duration of marketing shows that there is very little to showcase in terms of improvement in the game. I will be glad to be proven wrong in this.

Sometimes I tend to feel that the strategy of shorter the duration of marketing shows that there is very little to showcase in terms of improvement in the game. I will be glad to be proven wrong in this.
Sometimes I tend to feel that people are looking to be as miserable as feck.....
So what could the other reason be then?
If you think you might be wrong then there must be a different reason possible.....well what could it be?

Sometimes I tend to feel that people are looking to be as miserable as feck.....
If you think you might be wrong then there must be a different reason possible.....well what could it be?
Buddy, your reply holds good for you as well. I expressed my views, I guess am allowed to say that here without hurting anybody as well as am not spamming here with meaningless jokes.

This seems unnecessarily comabtive
Its a genuine question: what could the other reasons be other than the game sucks and they are scared to show it......what other reasons could there be?

Its meant to be thought provoking rather than combative....all I see are people saying the game must be bad because they wont show any of it. I think thats a rather pessimistic point of view and wonder whether people can think of something else as a valid reason....

This and everyone wanting to be an oracle and predict the game trailer release!!!!

Its a genuine question: what could the other reasons be other than the game sucks and they are scared to show it......what other reasons could there be?

Its meant to be thought provoking rather than combative....all I see are people saying the game must be bad because they wont show any of it. I think thats a rather pessimistic point of view and wonder whether people can think of something else as a valid reason....
Buddy, I never said the game will be bad or the game is gonna suck... I just said since the duration of the marketing (trailer release to game release) is shorter, I feel there may be only subtle improvements from the previous game (Ashes with no bugs + a few new features), can’t be drastic improvement, that may have needed more advertising or more showcasing.

Where is pessimism in this?? If anything my post says “it’s better to have moderate expectations”.

They put forward a theory, and then you jumped on them and demanding alternative theories from them. @Ashy1985 wasn't talking definitively, and if they had you'd have jumped on them anyway.

They put forward a theory, and then you jumped on them and demanding alternative theories from them. @Ashy1985 wasn't talking definitively, and if they had you'd have jumped on them anyway.
I still think its a valid question however you feel I might have worded it differently....and I wasnt actually demanding something I was asking a genuine question....I agree that the first part was a poor attempt at banter.....I am still curious as to whether there can be valid and possible reasons as to why ba havent as yet showed much of the game....all the speculation so far has tended towards being pessimistic....i am wondering If there are more constructive reasons that can be thought of.....

I still think its a valid question however you feel I might have worded it differently....and I wasnt actually demanding something I was asking a genuine question....I agree that the first part was a poor attempt at banter.....
Just think that your constant ellipses... give off quite a combative tone.

Aha, genuinely never knew it was called that!

Its certainly not something I am trying to do for the sake if it and to be combative. Its just a lazy form of writing in my case!

I am trying to provoke thought and counter argument. I am very aware of not being every ones cup of tea and try to stick my nose out of here for periods of a time and not get too involved, but sometimes the things that are said here are beyond belief.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am wondering If there are more constructive reasons that can be thought of.....
There could be a few as well

1. Release as many screenshots, trailers and gameplay videos as possible in a short duration to keep the audience or gamers interested till the release (rather than dilute the interest with lesser videos in longer duration) so they preorder the game sooner.
2. May be ECB is in full control of the advertising and marketing, they wait for the start of England International season, which is tomorrow I guess.
3. May be CA and ECB (with English and Aus Cricket teams) may have an launch event ahead of WC.
4. May be a launch event along with CWC 2019.

*Am just guessing, don’t ask for source or alternate theories now.

Users who are viewing this thread