Cricket 19 General Discussion

Amarkfu

Club Captain
Yeah, a camera option not working or not being there doesn't mean the game is broken.

The game being broken would be Ashes 2013.
Its not broken, but camera angle is very important, as shown in ign gameplay its like tv broadcast.. in previous games the broadcast cams have been awfull they seem to get it right then now those cams are not in the game so thats kind of disappointing.

Rhone

International Cricketer
Stats tracking works!

Played a five5 with @gleeso73 WSC teams. Then played another and the stats from the first game displayed when the players came in to bat/on to bowl

Great!! :)

I've been playing around with career mode a bit since getting the game and so far my stats are tracking perfectly. Even not out second innings centuries are recorded correctly...they never were in DBC17 or Ashes. I really hope they continue to track accurately and I never have to mention them being bugged in here again.

My observations after playing for a several hours are positive. Much more so than DBC17 and Ashes at launch.

Bowling is excellent. Seeing a huge variety of wickets and plenty of lovely edges from both seamers and spinners. It's fun...always feels like something might happen.

Batting is harder than Ashes (a good thing), but more satisfying. Timing is more important, but when you get it right you get rewarded. I was spanking ever ball to the boundary in Ashes on Hardest batting, but I'm doing nothing of the sort on Hard batting in this version.

I do have a minor gripe with leg side shots. Every backfoot leg side shot I play is a pull, it triggers in front of square all the way down to fine leg. Often triggers off the front foot too. Very very rarely however, a backfoot glance is triggered instead. The backfoot glance looks gorgeous but is impossible to play with any reliability. I would love for this to be tweaked. Surely the R1 precision bumper could be used to help play a more cultured and safer backfoot leg side shot. You would still have 3 variations of the pull (lofted, aggressive grounded and normal). At the moment I'm stroking through the off side with considerable elan, and hacking like a manic at anything short and on middle or leg stump.

Id be curious to hear what other people's impressions of leg side shots are as well. They seem harder to time than in previous iterations. I'm batting on Hard at the moment, maybe I'll swallow my pride and lower the difficulty and see if I can hit a few glances to the boundary. How do you find it on the legside @Dutch @WealeyH ?

The main downside is the fielding. Singles can be strolled when hitting to fielders inside the ring, and these fielders throw loopy slow returns. It needs a bit of tuning I think.

Also is it just me or is ever ground the same size? I wouldn't mind the having the variation in ground size back like had in Ashes. I might be wrong on this though

Overall I've enjoyed playing it, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Bigant will do when they are improving a good game, rather than fixing a broken one. With a few tweaks and bug fixes this could be a really excellent game so I hope they support it for a good few patches.

Last edited:

Rathish Kumar

Club Cricketer
Any updates on day one patch, since game is releasing all over today, expecting a day one patch, so that all questions ll be answered about bugs..... How much rectified ......

Kyle Andreou

School Cricketer
So the game is broken because you don’t like the included camera options? Broken...because of camera options.

If the game is truely broken, report bugs here - https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/threads/cricket-19-bug-report-thread.112979/#post-3339570
A camera angle isn't just the problem, unable to make catches is a big broken problem, edges off bat's that seem to make the ball go 300mph across the ground is a big problem, no celebration after bowling someone out is a problem, no reply after the last ball is a problem, do you want me to carry on?

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
A camera angle isn't just the problem, unable to make catches is a big broken problem, edges off bat's that seem to make the ball go 300mph across the ground is a big problem, no celebration after bowling someone out is a problem, no reply after the last ball is a problem, do you want me to carry on?

I’ve provided a link where you can carry on

Kyle Andreou

School Cricketer
That’s because the stupid template provides Big Ant with information needed to fix the problem. Simply saying ‘the catching circle doesn’t appear’ isn’t enough information.
Well what do you think it means? It can only mean one thing, the stupid circle where you have to drag a line into and press x to catch?

D

Deleted member 193590

I've been playing around with career mode a bit since getting the game and so far my stats are tracking perfectly. Even not out second innings centuries are recorded correctly...they never were in DBC17 or Ashes. I really hope they continue to track accurately and I never have to mention them being bugged in here again.

My observations after playing for a several hours are positive. Much more so than DBC17 and Ashes at launch.

Bowling is excellent. Seeing a huge variety of wickets and plenty of lovely edges from both seamers and spinners. It's fun...always feels like something might happen.

Batting is harder than Ashes (a good thing), but more satisfying. Timing is more important, but when you get it right you get rewarded. I was spanking ever ball to the boundary in Ashes on Hardest batting, but I'm doing nothing of the sort on Hard batting in this version.

I do have a minor gripe with leg side shots. Every backfoot leg side shot I play is a pull, it triggers in front of square all the way down to fine leg. Often triggers off the front foot too. Very very rarely however, a backfoot glance is triggered instead. The backfoot glance looks gorgeous but is impossible to play with any reliability. I would love for this to be tweaked. Surely the R1 precision bumper could be used to help play a more cultured and safer backfoot leg side shot. You would still have 3 variations of the pull (lofted, aggressive grounded and normal). At the moment I'm stroking through the off side like with considerable elan, and hacking like a manic at anything short and on middle or leg stump.

Id be curious to hear what other people's impressions of leg side shots are as well. They seem harder to time than in previous iterations. I'm batting on Hard at the moment, maybe I'll swallow my pride and lower the difficulty and see if I can hit a few glances to the boundary. How do you find it on the legside @Dutch @WealeyH ?

The main downside is the fielding. Singles can be strolled when hitting to fielders inside the ring, and these fielders throw loopy slow returns. It needs a bit of tuning I think.

Also is it just me or is ever ground the same size? I wouldn't mind the having the variation in ground size back like had in Ashes. I might be wrong on this though

Overall I've enjoyed playing it, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Bigant will do when they are improving a good game, rather than fixing a broken one. With a few tweaks and bug fixes this could be a really excellent game so I hope they support it for a good few patches.

This is very encouraging,I stopped playing ashes cricket because the batting was way to easy.Looking forward to more of a challenge now.

Kyle Andreou

School Cricketer
That’s because the stupid template provides Big Ant with information needed to fix the problem. Simply saying ‘the catching circle doesn’t appear’ isn’t enough information.
I also provided a nice picture, which is more helpful than a template

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Well what do you think it means? It can only mean one thing, the stupid circle where you have to drag a line into and press x to catch?

What are your settings? Is it in one game mode in particular, or are you using all game modes. Are you using on disc players, or downloaded players. Is it every time, or only sometimes? Have you downloaded all the patches? What platform are you playing on?

Help them to help you.

You’re more than welcome to provide these answers in the Bug thread using the template.

Kyle Andreou

School Cricketer
What are your settings? Is it in one game mode in particular, or are you using all game modes. Are you using on disc players, or downloaded players. Is it every time, or only sometimes? Have you downloaded all the patches? What platform are you playing on?

Help them to help you.

You’re more than welcome to provide these answers in the Bug thread using the template.
Well if I happens every match what am I supposed to do, and when the catch circle doesn't appear it's right at the bottom of my screen and half of it goes off my screen, would you not be annoyed if you paid money for a game and you can't even play because one of the most fundamental mechanics is broken

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
So I've played one Five5 game so very early stages but I love it, the new shots and animations with catching, running etc are awesome. The overlays and cutscenes add that extra level of immersion and it felt superior to Ashes Cricket.

My only concern was during the highlights I did encounter some frame rate skips/lag. I do have quite an old PS4 though so unsure if it was due to that. Other than that, awesome job Big Ant. Can't wait to get stuck into career mode!

Users who are viewing this thread