Cricket 19 General Discussion

Rhone

International Cricketer
Yes overcast conditions are gone. But might try sometime later with overcast condition before the match and see how it behaves.

1.04 patch is a little hickup to the previous one where things looked good...... Maybe we'll need to wait and see if there is one more patch release in this week to overcome the issues in 1.04 patch for PS4

In what mode are they gone? I just tried to start a quick match and could select both overcast clouds and rainy weather.....

Harigoks

County Cricketer
In what mode are they gone? I just tried to start a quick match and could select both overcast clouds and rainy weather.....
Oh I just had a saved game in career mode. It was overcast while playing and post update it was normal. I guess I need to finish that match and start a new match and verify.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia

And are they both visually appearing in game?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This has already been addressed in the 1.04 thread.

Can anyone with 1.04 on PS4 please verify this?

I can verify with certainty that it did not. My livestream from last night was on 1.04 (as can be seen from the tops), the match starts with rain and there’s a rain break. See the livestream thread for video.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
And are they both visually appearing in game?

As I was playing in sepia filter I can’t comment too much on overcast but I think there was noticeable change in lighting before and after the rain break, and the stadium lights were on at one point.

But rain was certainly visible and there was a lengthy rain break.[DOUBLEPOST=1559803808][/DOUBLEPOST]From what I’ve seen if you select rain, what it effectively means is there’s a high chance of rain during the match/day. Doesn’t mean 100% the match starts with drizzle/rain

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
As I was playing in sepia filter I can’t comment too much on overcast but I think there was noticeable change in lighting before and after the rain break, and the stadium lights were on at one point.

But rain was certainly visible and there was a lengthy rain break.[DOUBLEPOST=1559803808][/DOUBLEPOST]From what I’ve seen if you select rain, what it effectively means is there’s a high chance of rain during the match/day. Doesn’t mean 100% the match starts with drizzle/rain

Ok so the person saying ‘don’t download the update’ because of the weather issues, may not be 100% correct. Can’t say I’m too shocked.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Ok so the person saying ‘don’t download the update’ because of the weather issues, may not be 100% correct. Can’t say I’m too shocked.

I wish when people think they see something in the game which is a negative, that they could bother themselves to verify it visually at least two to three times under differing conditions.

There's a lot of "certainty" in some posts about things that people are later saying "oh no, I didn't try that", or "oops it was an old saved game"!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I wish when people think they see something in the game which is a negative, that they could bother themselves to verify it visually at least two to three times under differing conditions.

There's a lot of "certainty" in some posts about things that people are later saying "oh no, I didn't try that", or "oops it was an old saved game"!

I dunno dude that seems like a lot of work...

Rhone

International Cricketer
I noticed fielding has been tweaked a little and is improved....I wonder if wicket keepers have been clamed down a bit as well? Anyone noticed them letting first slip take a catch since 1.04, especially against spin?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I noticed fielding has been tweaked a little and is improved....I wonder if wicket keepers have been clamed down a bit as well? Anyone noticed them letting first slip take a catch since 1.04, especially against spin.

Not noticed but great if so.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Oh I just had a saved game in career mode. It was overcast while playing and post update it was normal. I guess I need to finish that match and start a new match and verify.
Works work! Just opened a causal match and the weather looks perfect as same as previous one. Might be something with my saved game. Only thing about the new patch are the kits and logos color that are too dark.

Rhone

International Cricketer
Not noticed but great if so.

You should test it out with some of your 1930s wrist spin googly bowlers.[DOUBLEPOST=1559804860][/DOUBLEPOST]
Works work! Just opened a causal match and the weather looks perfect as same as previous one. Might be something with my saved game. Only thing about the new patch are the kits and logos color that are too dark.

Thanks. What lessons have we learned today?!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You should test it out with some of your 1930s wrist spin googly bowlers.[DOUBLEPOST=1559804860][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thanks. What lessons have we learned today?!

Actually yes I currently have an in progress test with the 1928 West Indies and England teams, with England including Tich Freeman, the legendary googly bowler. Shall try tonight!

Rhone

International Cricketer
Actually yes I currently have an in progress test with the 1928 West Indies and England teams, with England including Tich Freeman, the legendary googly bowler. Shall try tonight!

On this topic...if you were creating Sydney Barnes what would you set him up as? Medium pace or spin?! I cant decide, he seems to have bowled everything.

Users who are viewing this thread