Cricket 19 General Discussion

Hey all, 1st post but long term fan of this series - anything that can extend my admittedly mediocre village cricket career (I enjoyed the Sandwiches and post match beer) is a win for me!!

I've read through most of the posts and keen to understand if others face a similar issue with the bowler speeds, I've tinkered with the sliders but despite what I set Jimmy Anderson bowls (hitting as close to a perfect run up) a spiritedly 89-90mph, which is quicker that Broad (who I gave more pace in the academy), and then there is Jofra Archer who bowls a consistent 94mph (not inaccurate apparently) but to bowl in as consistently as he was didn't seem quite right.

I'm sorry if this has been covered, hopefully I am just doing something daft :)

Thanks for the quick summary - a lot of aspects sound promising in this iteration, but bowling mechanics are too important for me to look past.

I guess I'll be back to ask this question next year.

In my honest opinion I feel your missing out if you don't play this game. Not everything will be perfect but it plays a lot better then the previous games.

I hardly see any difference between pressing (or holding) R1 or L1 to adjust length tbh. 'Full' is just up there to be driven. 'Yorker' is just a full toss asking to be slapped.

What? I'm on Classic Controls and there's a World of difference when you use the Modifiers. Also the Jump and Release Timings are a lot Analogous and have a real impact on the length of the delivery.

So you are effectively confirming the notion, that Online will have to make peace with the fact that weird stuff is in order, because Bigantstudios refuses to implement Server Based Gaming.

I only play Online, and can confirm that alot of the weirdness is down to Connection on the night, but not all of it can be attributed to that.

Online needs some attention to detail in my Opinion, regarding why its happening.

Well as a Software Dev and someone who has studied Computer Science for around 7 years and has a Master's degree, I was just stating and explaining facts in layman's terms.

And like I said, implementation can always get better, but there are just too many limitations with the design choice. Even at the most Patched State DBC and Ashes Online felt unplayable to me.

And the point I wanted to make was if you bought the game for JUST Online, well, you could have done better things with those 60 odd dollars.

As a Consumer it is crucial to be informed about the Product you're looking to purchase. You cannot go out and purchase the wrong product and hope it becomes the right one. BA has been clear since DBC days about P2P. So I don't see them at fault.

Last edited:
Hi people. I've searched on the academy. Searched players with playfaces option on. A couple have worked and downloaded and fine and working like Sarfraz, Shaheen Shah, Hassan Ali, Imad Waseem, Imam ul Haq.

But others like shadab khan, Asif Ali, Mohammad Amir, Hafeez, Wahab Riaz, Shoaib Malik, are available too, and are created amazing.

But After downloading, even tho it's said that they are downloaded and replaced the existing default game players. It doesn't seem to be successful and still shows the default players in game, instead of the downloaded versions from the academy???

Can anyone explain why this is and how to fix it, is this with all playface creations? Is there an issue with the player linking or???

Hi people. I've searched on the academy. Searched players with playfaces option on. A couple have worked and downloaded and fine and working like Sarfraz, Shaheen Shah, Hassan Ali, Imad Waseem, Imam ul Haq.

But others like shadab khan, Asif Ali, Mohammad Amir, Hafeez, Wahab Riaz, Shoaib Malik, are available too, and are created amazing.

But After downloading, even tho it's said that they are downloaded and replaced the existing default game players. It doesn't seem to be successful and still shows the default players in game, instead of the downloaded versions from the academy???

Can anyone explain why this is and how to fix it, is this with all playface creations? Is there an issue with the player linking or???
Like have some users not released their creations to the public or what?? Like I don't understand what the issue is. It's not with all downloaded players only some that don't seem to mirror onto the actual game when you are playing, like they still look like default, not replaced at all?

Like have some users not released their creations to the public or what?? Like I don't understand what the issue is. It's not with all downloaded players only some that don't seem to mirror onto the actual game when you are playing, like they still look like default, not replaced at all?

Are you starting new matches or reloading an existing one? Do you check that the player you want to download is actually appearing in the squad before starting a game? Are you checking the face before downloading?

There are few which are not linked. Probably cos of it.

Saw the coolest thing today - I hit a ball that was going for six. Rather than attempting to catch the ball and fall over the rope, the AI fielder parried the ball back into play and saved 5 runs. Was great.

This is no indictment on the game but I'm struggling to build competitive totals in ODI's. I tend to get tied down and throw my wickets away and lose wickets in clumps. Lost my first two matches as Australia in the world cup chasing what I thought were small targets but the conditions made the chases difficult. That included a rain affected match against the Windies where I chased a revised target of 160 to chase in 25 overs. I was bowled out for 87.

The number of runs coming from edges while bowling are too many. Almost half of the score by AI while chasing 218 in a 50 over match came from edges going to boundaries.

@MattW can you please add preview of the uniform while navigating teams in the academy search results. We currently have to go into each team to check the uniforms. It would be better if uniforms shows up on the side when navigating teams similarly like in Ashes Cricket 17.

The number of runs coming from edges while bowling are too many. Almost half of the score by AI while chasing 218 in a 50 over match came from edges going to boundaries.

Were you playing in a custom stadium? Or on a difficulty lower than veteran? I think these factors have something to do with it.

The way the stumps fly when the bowler (even spinners) gets a batsman bowled is making me wonder if these are cricket stumps or sticks used in street cricket. There are some dismissals where stumps stay in their places.

This is just a cosmetic touch to the game, not a game breaker. I wonder if it can’t be fixed by BA. If am correct, Ashes dint have this issue.

The way the stumps fly when the bowler (even spinners) gets a batsman bowled is making me wonder if these are cricket stumps or sticks used in street cricket. There are some dismissals where stumps stay in their places.

This is just a cosmetic touch to the game, not a game breaker. I wonder if it can’t be fixed by BA. If am correct, Ashes dint have this issue.

They should have a weighted bails option to give the batsman yet another advantage over bowlers, just like what's happening in the current World Cup.

BigAnt did realistic stumps for the first Don Bradman cricket and people found it boring, so they jazzed it up in a patch. It's been a staple of the series since to have the stumps cartwheel for basically anything.

Users who are viewing this thread