Cricket 19 General Discussion

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Good day guys,
I just noticed a peculiar thing. I have my pace speed at 60. And in normal matches its fast than default which is how it should be since I raised the modifier.
But I started a world championship. And on my first match against West indies their fast bowlers are bowling slow even though the pace modifier is at 60. The speed of the ball in really reduced. Not how it is normally on 60 in a play now match.
Can't understand this. What do you guys think?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In my games, I find the speed variation is not much. The fastest ball (effort ball) Steyn or Ravana bowls is 151 kph and the slower one they bowl is 140 kph.

Is it any display error ?

Set Up Shop

Banned
Good day guys,
I just noticed a peculiar thing. I have my pace speed at 60. And in normal matches its fast than default which is how it should be since I raised the modifier.
But I started a world championship. And on my first match against West indies their fast bowlers are bowling slow even though the pace modifier is at 60. The speed of the ball in really reduced. Not how it is normally on 60 in a play now match.

Ive noticed this too. Its weird. Some matches the ball zooms through the air, other matches it dordles. Still says 145km/h + on the speed gun. Even apparent "slower balls" register as normal paced deliveries.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I just had a really unpleasant experience. Umpire's call, reviewed, turned down, review lost. Next ball, plumb LBW not given. Shucks.

Umpires' calls should mean reviews retained in game. Why are elementary things not in the game like this? @MattW

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I just had a really unpleasant experience. Umpire's call, reviewed, turned down, review lost. Next ball, plumb LBW not given. Shucks.

Umpires' calls should mean reviews retained in game. Why are elementary things not in the game like this? @MattW
more info please, what match type, mode etc were you playing.... the review retained on umpires call is a thing in the match type setup...

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
more info please, what match type, mode etc were you playing.... the review retained on umpires call is a thing in the match type setup...
Sorry. This was a career mode game. International test match. Pakistan against Sri Lanka. Bowling as a fast-medium pacer.

Set Up Shop

Banned
Anyone else having trouble playing cut shots to short balls wide of the off stump off pace bowlers? I always get "poor footwork" and miss the ball. Or worse knick it. Its a guaranteed dot ball for the AI.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Good day guys,

my hunch would be, if you've set the pace speed and tied it to a specific custom difficulty, is the competition match being played on an alternative difficulty with the default pace? might be worth checking

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Umpire call shouldn't result in lost review, no matter what match type.

the point i believe he was making is that it is possible to create a setting in the match type where reviews are lost on umpires call (as it used to be when they reset after a certain number of overs). so in this situation it's worth checking if there's a custom match type because somebody could have set it like that unknowingly.

D

Deleted member 185125

the point i believe he was making is that it is possible to create a setting in the match type where reviews are lost on umpires call (as it used to be when they reset after a certain number of overs). so in this situation it's worth checking if there's a custom match type because somebody could have set it like that unknowingly.
Afaik I don't think the game has that setting/options.

Users who are viewing this thread