Cricket 19 General Discussion

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm personally enjoying the longer formats too. Have played the first two tests of the ashes as Australia, 1st we lost after a big collapse and second was a cracker. Won by 1 wicket by chasing down 290, very satisfying and challenging. It is like real tests, you really need to be patient and I often found my dismissals were from a lapse in concentration slashing at a ball. On the other hand, playing a custom 'big bash' tournament where the a.i clearly needs a bit of work. For example, recently batted first and posted 200 odd but in the chase the opposition weren't aggressive enough and were 2/70 off 10 overs. It seemed as though the a.i thought they were batting first.

Addy

National Board President
I'm personally enjoying the longer formats too. Have played the first two tests of the ashes as Australia, 1st we lost after a big collapse and second was a cracker. Won by 1 wicket by chasing down 290, very satisfying and challenging. It is like real tests, you really need to be patient and I often found my dismissals were from a lapse in concentration slashing at a ball. On the other hand, playing a custom 'big bash' tournament where the a.i clearly needs a bit of work. For example, recently batted first and posted 200 odd but in the chase the opposition weren't aggressive enough and were 2/70 off 10 overs. It seemed as though the a.i thought they were batting first.
You can increase the AI run rate through custom difficulty slider

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Not sure why I didn't do it sooner tbh. What could be better than being trapped in a battle of wills on a turning pitch in 80's Pakistan

Started my 80s alternate reality battle of the all rounders league.

First up Kapil vs Imran in Kolkata. I’m gonna play as the away side in each match so I’m Pakistan.

Batting first, on a slow Indian pitch - a real grind. I was going at barely 2 an over but a few good last overs of the morning session got me up to 71/3 at lunch off 33 overs.

HarisRetarded

Club Cricketer
Started my 80s alternate reality battle of the all rounders league.

First up Kapil vs Imran in Kolkata. I’m gonna play as the away side in each match so I’m Pakistan.

Batting first, on a slow Indian pitch - a real grind. I was going at barely 2 an over but a few good last overs of the morning session got me up to 71/3 at lunch off 33 overs.
Does the game behave differently if we select different pitch types?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have the run rate at 90 and still bowled India out for 143 in the World Cup.
That in isolation doesn’t tell us anything

What skill level was Ai, what your levels where for bowling, all the other slider settings , how were the players rated etc etc

tarrantino

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
s!AtUm68QVK0KthChmUg365sif126L

So I used @Mohammed Sherry AI sliders as the photo but knocked 9 off the Ideal Window size, foot plant and bowling line sensitivity.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 185125

As I can't seem to upload a photo, Striker Timing 70, Wicket Chance 35, Bowl Quality 90 and Run Rat 90 on Legend
Which team was the AI?
Edit:
Sorry got it.
Do you bowl a lot of bouncers/short balls?

tarrantino

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Which team was the AI?
Edit:
Sorry got it.
Do you bowl a lot of bouncers/short balls?

Nope I had 4 seamers and a spinner, bowl good length normally just outside off. I'd throw a swinger or a short once an over maybe to mix it up. Kholi was the only one who got some runs, he got 55 and was caught out on the boundary.

Users who are viewing this thread