Cricket 19 General Discussion

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is the thing you have to remember - the job of a video game developer is to create something that is fun to play. I promise you that the masses will really not care about the red and white ball behaving differently. Cricket is an already extremely complex sport to try and recreate in a video game, goodness knows we've seen many cricket games fall by the wayside. As if that wasn't enough, you've got three completely different formats to try and code. I'm not sure there are any other sports games out there that have to do that. Then you throw in weather, pitch, outfields, player skills, traits, speed, swing, spin, seam etc etc etc.

If you're looking for a perfect simulation of any sport, you're going to be very disappointed with your gaming experience. I've spent the last 12 years playing racing sims (such as iRacing and rFactor/rFactor 2) that are in the hardcore bracket, made for the niche market and far beyond your F1 games, yet they still have big issues when it comes to the nitty-gritty in the physics department. At some point, you have to enjoy what you can within the limitations.

Big Ant has provided an inordinate amount of traits, perks and difficulty/physics sliders to tailor the game to your way of playing, along with the ability to save sliders presets. Mess around, see what you can create. Just don't forget to have some fun and try and look beyond some of the shortcomings.

Is Cricket 19 perfect? Absolutely nowhere near. Is it fun to play? It's fun enough for me to have already completed a full Ashes series with no simulating.
Just read this everyone, whenever you take the game too seriously. Best Point!

Willoughby63

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
Mumbai Indians
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sydney Sixers
Profile Flag
England
I have 2 points to make here:

A) Please when you are pointing out faults in the game (which is something that needs to be done) can you all appreciate the positives of the game and try to find a positive starting block.

B) Big Ant are not a major company. For them to be creating such brilliant games as this is an incredible job, and, as stevie says, cricket is potentially the most complex sport out there with an almost infinite amount of quirks to it. That’s what makes it so fun!

Sahil70

Club Captain
Well perhaps a bit more communication from BA might go a long way towards reducing the number of so called cribbing. Like what can be done or what cant be done due to whatever reason ,or what is being looked at and what not. People will have a better idea of where things stand .At the moment its the lack of info that is causing all these restlessness .

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
In the last half dozen or so pages I have come to the conclusion that @Dutch is Ross and someone's balls are failing to deteriorate

D

Deleted member 185125

Currently the National Anthem seems to be only playing for one team. It used be played for both the teams initially.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Well perhaps a bit more communication from BA might go a long way towards reducing the number of so called cribbing. Like what can be done or what cant be done due to whatever reason ,or what is being looked at and what not. People will have a better idea of where things stand .At the moment its the lack of info that is causing all these restlessness .
This (communication on the game progress) is something that is lacking from BA since DBC14. I agree they are not entitled to do so, but doing (ignoring some comments) so will really help get more fan/community support.

They have made some really good progress in the game, no doubts but haven’t been communicating enough on the forums for fans to know what to expect and what not to expect from BA (in near future).

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
This (communication on the game progress) is something that is lacking from BA since DBC14. I agree they are not entitled to do so, but doing (ignoring some comments) so will really help get more fan/community support.

They have made some really good progress in the game, no doubts but haven’t been communicating enough on the forums for fans to know what to expect and what not to expect from BA (in near future).

A big part of that would be there are less WealeyH’s and more and more thefonz’s/varunschuey’s

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Uncheck the AI set feild for you option from the general settings menu.... Your issue will hopefully solve :thumbs:thumbs
I can’t find this option in setting. I can see AI select bowler for you option. Is there an option like this ??

D

Deleted member 185125

Rain affected matches are still a mess in the game. No changes to field restrictions and bowler over caps. Moreover the targets set are completely off.
West Indies scores 208 in reduced 32 overs (after 20 odd overs of normal play) and India is set target of 199 in 32. India's target should have been higher than Windies score, instead it is reduced.

fezza

Club Captain
Rain affected matches are still a mess in the game. No changes to field restrictions and bowler over caps. Moreover the targets set are completely off.
West Indies scores 208 in reduced 32 overs (after 20 odd overs of normal play) and India is set target of 199 in 32. India's target should have been higher than Windies score, instead it is reduced.

Hate to say it mate, but if they can't get ball/pitch wear right, the chances of them programming the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern method correctly are very remote!

I turn rain off. Living back in England most of my (real) cricketing life is blighted by rain.

But I agree it should be there.

I think we have to face the fact that this is a very good (perhaps even excellent) arcade game, not an accurate simulation of real cricket and the tactical challenges associated with it. Perhaps future editions may come closer to a simulation but it has a long way to go. I certainly think there is a market for an accurate simulation, just as there is a market for accurate driving simulators (Assetto Corsa, Grand Prix Legends) alongside arcade offerings (Forza etc). It will be interesting to see what direction BA take. My own feeling is that the average cricket fans has a considerable depth of knowledge about their sport and greater fidelity to real conditions will be demanded as time goes on

Users who are viewing this thread