Cricket 19 General Discussion

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm having a test. The new patch sounds good. They seem to have fixed the AI bowlers turning the ball both ways on grassy pitches.

New throws are great, have already had a dismissal I didnt see in the last build. Edges look and feel better.

Some outfield catches in test cricket would be nice, but not too many.

There seems to be some nice movement on the green pitch, but not too much.

Going to watch an AI vs AI test and see if there is any pitch and ball degradation, and if the scores are lower in the second innings (they have not been)

One thing I do like is how when a leg bye is run without playing a shot, the run doesnt count. That's the level of detail I've been looking for, but I think this was in previous builds.

Last edited:

ndschan

Club Captain
Perhaps I was a bit strong in my diction, that's not helpful so I apologize for that. I just meant that I have, with specificity along with other here, have raised the issue of leg side shot animations being absent. This to be is an essential thing for a cricket game. It would be the equivalent of hook shots missing from an nba game, or perhaps even more than that. Patches seem to be fixing things yes. But they appear to be arbitrary as this is something that was brought up initially after release.[DOUBLEPOST=1571280054][/DOUBLEPOST]
Unfortuantely I don't spend tons of time playing so I'm not sure bout how uploading or recording videos would work. But I have seen people put up videos of these. It appears that this game has only had a sort of flick shot toward the leg side and nothing else.
Try Pitch Marker instead, been playing all sorts of front and back foot shots on the leg side. Thanks to @wasteyouryouth

angad

Chairman of Consent
Would like to know what people think of this patch.. As personally this has made the longer format really feel like a real test with throws like Jaddu and responding to ball much quicker making those easy singles and doubles much harder..
Shouldn’t be the case when playing against Pakistan :p!

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
At least the new ball bug is gone and looks like the partnership score bug is also sorted which is nice to see

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has noticed the difference edge carrying into the slips after the patch

Sahil70

Club Captain
Nice to see runouts now a real possibility when bowling. If only stumpings were there too.

Also thought the field setting bug was fixed but still happening at times :facepalm

Last edited:

McSassy

School Cricketer
Firstly I just wanted to say hello as first post here.

This is my first actual cricket game I’ve played in quite a few years but I have been playing it regularly, first on Xbox One and then PC. I play as an All-rounder, currently batting at number 6 as well as bowling Wrist Spin. I played 3 games last night which is the first I’ve played since the recent patch and so far it seems to have made a number of improvements.

- I saw a variety of wickets – LBW’s off a good length, leading edge to Silly point (First time I’ve seen this) and one looped shot caught at Midwicket. This is a lot more satisfying than just LBW's from yorkers or edges to the keeper.

- The fielding seems noticeably better and it feels like there are more chances for run outs. I only got one runout prior to the patch in numerous careers.

One thing I have noticed though is the Default fields seem to have changed. The attacking fields for spinners were missing during Limited overs and the fields I usually pick during 3-day games seem to be completely different. Has anyone else had this?

tosser182

Club Captain
The straight drive down the ground is very underpowered. I usually go a full innings without getting a single boundary like this. In fact I've scored about 3 since I started playing. More chance of being caught and bowled from one than getting a 4. :(

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
The straight drive down the ground is very underpowered. I usually go a full innings without getting a single boundary like this. In fact I've scored about 3 since I started playing. More chance of being caught and bowled from one than getting a 4. :(

That’s where a lot my runs have come from since moving to just pitch marker. Just timing and practise.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
That’s where a lot my runs have come from since moving to just pitch marker. Just timing and practise.
I have done that but my drives are always picked up by the bowler. Any solution?

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What does your timing look like? What controls are you using?

I’ve had one or two get caught and bowled with the one handed super catch I’ll admit.
I do time the ball well generally specially when playing drives. I am playing on standard controls with pitch and length marker on.Even players like Kohli whom I myself rated full in drives also get caught or the shot is stopped. I have only got 4 twice on straight drives even though playing since 3rd day of game's release

tosser182

Club Captain
I do time the ball well generally specially when playing drives. I am playing on standard controls with pitch and length marker on.Even players like Kohli whom I myself rated full in drives also get caught or the shot is stopped. I have only got 4 twice on straight drives even though playing since 3rd day of game's release

Same. They're barely worth attempting.

Users who are viewing this thread