Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
has anyone noticed few bugs that was not there in game before patch like
- AI got run out very frequent
- Semi auto fielder paused at fielding time that cause catch drop or mis-feilding
- in career mode, if match is at downloaded stadium then neither any pavilion/stadiums nor crowd. its just on ground

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I do time the ball well generally specially when playing drives. I am playing on standard controls with pitch and length marker on.Even players like Kohli whom I myself rated full in drives also get caught or the shot is stopped. I have only got 4 twice on straight drives even though playing since 3rd day of game's release

Well this certainly changed since the recent patch! Straight drive is almost unplayable all of a sudden.

fender211pi

School Cricketer
has anyone noticed few bugs that was not there in game before patch like
- AI got run out very frequent
- Semi auto fielder paused at fielding time that cause catch drop or mis-feilding
- in career mode, if match is at downloaded stadium then neither any pavilion/stadiums nor crowd. its just on ground

That's not a bug. They've tuned the AI running. And it's so much better. Before, it was all so dull and boring. They wouldn't even take any risky singles. Now, you atleast have chances of getting run outs.. It's perfect.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

I've noticed this too and wondered if there was a solution or whether we just have to live with it

Desai3

Club Cricketer
I have played many tests and usually ai lower order have scored too many runs in general. I dont know how many other people have experienced it too. Its just sometimes they just get beaten hell lot of of time but every time they connect its four or a dead defence. I have got edges to keeper While ai top order is playing a defensive shot but never when lower order is playing. Usually one of the bottom four gets a pretty good fifty. Any idea to get them out if its not usual?

Last edited:

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have played many tests and usually ai lower order have scored too many runs in general. I dont know how many other people have experienced it too. Its just sometimes they just get beaten hell lot of of time but every time they connect its four or a dead defence. I have got edges to keeper While ai top order is playing a defensive shot but never when lower order is playing. Usually one of the bottom four gets a pretty good fifty. Any idea to get them out if its not usual?
Isn't too far from reality, if you look at India vs SA.

Desai3

Club Cricketer
Isn't too far from reality, if you look at India vs SA.
Yeah.thats also true but on a good batting wicket its ok...But at the same time pitch hardly playes any role...batting on 4th day dusty pitch it should be little difficult to chase 350-400 runs..especially numbers 8 scoring 70-80 on a regular basis

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Also, to follow on from the downloaded stadiums not working in career mode, neither do downloaded players. I downloaded all the Sri Lankan players and on my tour there in career mode they're the default (and white for some reason) faces

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Just decrease the AI run rate slider they start defending more and scoring less but taking wickets also becomes hard..But worth the change..

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
+

Edges and WK/Slip catches
Bowleds
LBWs
Getting decisions overturned
Swing
Cutscenes (Walking onto pitch/practice shots etc)
Customisation (eg: Test league with Associate nations)
Realism of matches/Genuine joy and frustration (eg: quick wickets followed by partnership)
Need to apply yourself when batting (Like real life)
Some of the batting strokes (Me and AI) are just beautiful

-

Lobbed throws
Strange Test match start times
When the floodlights go on (Screen is suddenly bright and uncomfortable even though it’s not dark. To be fair lights are on in daylight in real life and sunset/nightfall in my current match is magnificent)
Stadiums
Lack of outfield catches
Inconsistently of whether you have chance to catch ball
Fielders just letting the ball go to the boundary
Overthrows
Stamina ??!!!
New ball commentary repeat bug

Probably missed a load of things but just a quick review based mostly on playing a custom Test league on Pro/Medium now Veteran/Hard and slightly enjoying bowling a bit more than batting which in itself is testament to this game.

Wizle

Club Cricketer
I’ve found that the a slower full length delivery after a few good length balls delivered with a seam position between 12 & 3 o’clock is highly effective against the lower order batsmen. You either bowl your man out or stand a chance at an lbw decision if it doesn’t float down leg.

Users who are viewing this thread