Cricket 19 General Discussion

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
y4mkfWXl9ZGcSCdDEaGtNovm5VMNlw5keWJXXljGhXREG2gvRcjD84QM3piAsG-rtA0mf_izQNmBrtywhPFTJYnWvyXijA2ufULKiR4uPLAZKMewq8s1hLf6Y-8mIYHyZU3kQ_qaPSooix4ibLDWpq-llNA__--jjPUXuVbcbQ3Tpb0Z2WMtCVEk_SgKgGrmV5TMVw_qtlNxoXJM3lWkSiavg

Ok so this is just 14 overs into a custom tour, England v New Zealand. I’m bowling and only been seam with no simulation.

Wait till you get to about 60-70 overs. There will be no comparison between yours and this one after 60 overs of simulation...

rex007king

Club Cricketer
Thanks Dutch.
Before I start a career mode today I wonder if anyone can answer some points important to me.
1. Does the pitch degrade during a test match and influence the ball? I've read the last 30 or so pages of this thread and unless I'm mistaken it doesnt. Do players really alter the sliders as a test progresses to simulate this? If so that's unforgivable on part of the devs. Isn't this the 4th iteration of their cricket series?!
2. In previous versions I'd select a batting all rounder as a career player. But was given more overs to bowl than the leading bowlers in the team by the captain. Is this still the case?
3. Is there an easy way to view stadiums in the academy rather than download then view in a match?
4. Do the field placements stick this time? Ie I remember making changes in previous versions but the game would revert back to stock field settings?
Thanks for any feedback!

1. You can set the pitch degradation speed to FAST in the Match Condition menu before starting each match.
I played on a Hard Normal pitch and even the overpitched deliveries were going way over the wicket, but in the second inning the ball was hitting the stumps I was able to get a LBW with RFM bowler. The ball also degrades at which point it starts swinging noticibly better.

Rest is same.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
On a slightly different note and it’s not something I’ve noticed before. I bowled 5 overs with Archer and his stamina was right down around 14%. He didn’t really recover as he was at mid on and running about a bit. I’ve pushed him out to fine leg, and since then his stamina is coming back up.
Nice to see this is in the game as I’ve never had a problem like that before as always rotated and bowlers have recovered.

Reactions: DAP

PJR

School Cricketer
And the temperature is 6/19° in July in England? Sorry for all the questions I really want to like this game again...

bevanthegoat

School Cricketer
Has anyone made any sense of the advance down wicket shots? Even went to the nets and to get some repetition. Was able to get to a point where I was getting good timing and good footwork on most of them but the shot choice makes no sense. Will get ideal shot choice and poor to the same delivery playing the same shot. Can't trust it so I guess I wont bother using it but would love to know if anyone has figured it out?

Users who are viewing this thread