Cricket 19 General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Lets us remember that this is more of a polish to certain areas rather than core fixes to certain areas of the game. Temper expectations somewhat I would advise. In my opinion it finetunes and stabilizes a lot of batting anomalies and makes the game more playable because of that.[DOUBLEPOST=1602571559][/DOUBLEPOST]Anything to do with commentary for example has been left as it was. Best advice: turn it off.

I think really all I’m looking for at this stage is the AI using their feet to spinners and generally being better against the spinners who are quite overpowered and then I will tip my hat to as good a cricket game as I ever wished to see

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has anybody tried the advanced shots ? Has the controls changed or it is jus gets easier to execute.

Was using it a lot against spinners in DBC14, it was jus a spontaneous shot on seeing the spinner flight the ball. But now not using it at all since it became more of a premediated shot (by pressing L3).
I came to the forum just to check on that. I tried, but it's as difficult as before and doesn't look pretty.[DOUBLEPOST=1602583996][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, just saw @passwordistaco live stream. They have toned down leg side play big time. You can't move too much to offside, there's some sort of invisible wall.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
I came to the forum just to check on that. I tried, but it's as difficult as before and doesn't look pretty.[DOUBLEPOST=1602583996][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, just saw @passwordistaco live stream. They have toned down leg side play big time. You can't move too much to offside, there's some sort of invisible wall.
Seems like they over-compensated a little. Hopefully they can split the difference between before and now, get something that's rewarding yet challenging at the same time.

Reactions: DAP

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Yeah there's an invisible wall that prevents the batter from moving to offside at the crease. It was not there before. Because of that , unable to play some shots to leg side. Another issue is short pitched bouncer from AI going to boundary as bye most frequently.
These two serious issues I faced on Xbox one s . I played a test match complete

Last edited:
Reactions: DAP

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
In real cricket can we stop the batter from moving in the crease preemptively? no

D

Dutch

In real cricket can we stop the batter from moving in the crease preemptively? no
No but in real
Cricket you never see a batsman continually leaving his stumps exposed standing on 7th stump smacking everything into an empty legside field. Swings and roundabouts mate.[DOUBLEPOST=1602588652][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think really all I’m looking for at this stage is the AI using their feet to spinners and generally being better against the spinners who are quite overpowered and then I will tip my hat to as good a cricket game as I ever wished to see
Some work has been done in this area but I have been out of town the last few days so havent had too much time to see how it eventually panned out

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
No but in real
Cricket you never see a batsman continually leaving his stumps exposed standing on 7th stump smacking everything into an empty legside field. Swings and roundabouts mate.[DOUBLEPOST=1602588652][/DOUBLEPOST]
Some work has been done in this area but I have been out of town the last few days so havent had too much time to see how it eventually panned out
I think this can only be solved if you and gkvarma18 enter the arena of disagreement. I wager 400 quotos on the newcomer.
Deep_Space_Homer_1.jpg

Once again, my photoshop skills have no boundaries to what they can achieve.

Last edited:

sashu_91

County Cricketer
In real cricket when the batter moves the bowler changes line and length accordingly, is the AI capable to do that?, Also it is a great feature for the online mode and adds life to it, this wall should never be broken, takes balance out of the game

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
In real cricket when the batter moves the bowler changes line and length accordingly, is the AI capable to do that?, Also it is a great feature for the online mode and adds life to it, this wall should never be broken, takes balance out of the game
There should be some sort of freedom for the batter mate, that is individual interest whether to move in the crease or not. Example Steve Smith played on side shots by standing on the 5th stump. Shouldn't be any barrier.of course I am a test cricket lover

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Again I havent had enough time on it to see how it has panned out on this release patch but there was definitely improvement made.[DOUBLEPOST=1602592858][/DOUBLEPOST]The new batting crease mechanics has been kindly sponsored by The Trump Campaign:

Build The Wall
Build The Wall
Build The Wall
Next patch all players will be off their tits on steroids.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Again I havent had enough time on it to see how it has panned out on this release patch but there was definitely improvement made.

Apologies I thought my sarcasm was clear...

Happy it’s at least been looked at, if it’s not been able to be improved much not the end of the world, but would be nice.

when you’ve got Eddie Hemmings and Phil Tufnell each averaging 15-17 you know your spinners are a bit overpowered ha ha.

Thankfully I’m not quite as busy as I was so likely to get a bit of play in over the next few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread