Cricket 19 General Discussion

RAVI99

Club Captain
Online gameplay ( quick matches) have gotten a lot better with the recent changes.
There are few bugs still present in the game, hopefully BA can look into in a future patch. If not, in the next version of the game.
  • Same batsman coming back on strike after taking a single, on instances where there is DRS review discussion cut scene.
  • Lofted shots to square leg being called a bouncer though it's nowhere near a bouncer. Happens even when a spinner is bowling. (Results in a free hit atm when the bug happens twice in an over).
  • High percentage of byes especially on bouncers
  • Over powered medium bowlers. Difficult to time when compared to other bowling types. Should be opposite as in real life.
In addition, would be nice if-
  • The wicket keeper stops diving when the ball is nowhere near him
  • AI could play advanced shots.
  • Fielders uses bowling arm to throw.
  • Missing an advanced shot could result in a stumping. (Batsman makes quick unrealistic turn atm)
  • Better leg side lofted shot animation (square leg to mid wicket area) most of the time the glance kinda animation gets triggered atm. And cut shot against spinners that can connect without missing the ball by a mile.
And specifically for next iteration-(not in any particular order)
  • Overhaul in fielding (nothing is worth retaining)
  • Front foot no ball for spinners
  • Pitch and Weather conditions to have clear impact on ball physics (swing, spin etc) and batting/bowling difficulty
  • More array of shots including ramp shot, upper cut and better cut shots and sweep shots.
  • More bowling styles especially spin.
  • Improved stadium creator and crowd options.
  • Ability to run on Overthrows even after hitting the wickets.
  • Ability to map controller buttons (custom)
Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post.
Did you experience any one keeping 9 fielders on offside.
Leg bye singles batsman dont change ends.
Also sometimes you dont get the review screen option does not appear.
Advance shots stumping done batsman not in still wicket not given.
Is there review for stumping.

RAVI99

Club Captain
Can any one help.
Dont know either its a bug so i am confused to post under which thread.
Few points i like to mention.
We are into online leagues i have noticed.
Some players game copy i have noticed the fielders keep running even after the bowler start his runup.

Sometimes its gets fixed after pressing L3 or do save exit once,or deleting the presets fields also fixes it but why?

Some players copies are prefect there is no such things happening.
Can any one help why it is happening.

Second point is again not sure if its a bug.
After the latest patch i am having this issue.
While bowling spin the bowling meter creating issues with classic bowling.
The flight and bounce input is getting stuck
Often the option only not coming after selecting delivery type for flight bounce intup its getting stuck or not working.

D

Dutch

Hey guys, I'll be disappearing for a while (probably have to euthanize my cat next week), so I'll see you around. If I'm not back before Christmas, then Merry Christmas, and hope everyone stays safe and healthy.
All the best mate! Stay safe! Be back soon.

villafan001

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Basically the game has gone from 1 extreme to another in [HASHTAG]#online[/HASHTAG]..
From easy lofted fine leg shots all day
......to ........
Packed off side fields with wide off bowling and no option to counter that on leg.
Cricket games online have never been a good idea in my opinion - unless you’re playing a friend and you have a gentleman’s agreement to play “proper cricket”, it’s way too easy to game the system.

villafan001

Club Captain
I just discovered a pretty major issue when playing a First Class match which is a mistake in programming:

Team 1 made 250 batting first, Team 2 made 500 in response, Team 1 then had to bat out a day trailing by 300, they made 250/8 when the maximum overs for the game elapsed. The correct result in this situation IRL is a Draw - however the game recorded the result as Team 1 wins by an innings and runs, I’m guessing because Team 2 was still trailing.

I was actually pretty gutted as I’m playing a realistic Sheffield Shield season and wanted a Draw, but the game now has this incorrectly recorded as a result.
That’s really annoying, I’ve not had this situation on this game yet but it happened all the time on Ashes Cricket (the stat recording on that game was terrible, draws and bonus points weren’t programmed in so it was impossible to create custom leagues). Shame it hasn’t been fixed.

TheKookaburra

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Hello Cricket 19 community,

First of all, a big thank you to the insanely talented community to provide us with the updated teams and players!

1st question: I downloaded the latest International and IPL squads. Now if I download a team that was created earlier - say the CPL teams.

I get the option to replace Kieron Pollard, Bravo, Narine's stats, visual and skills. I should be selecting the "Keep existing and do not replace" option so I can keep the latest uploads and not replace it with an older version. Is that correct?

2nd question: Downloading the latest BBL or English county teams that already has licensed players from 2019. Does it overwrite or save it as a new team?
Wondering how it affects storage space on my PS4.

villafan001

Club Captain
Hello Cricket 19 community,

First of all, a big thank you to the insanely talented community to provide us with the updated teams and players!

1st question: I downloaded the latest International and IPL squads. Now if I download a team that was created earlier - say the CPL teams.

I get the option to replace Kieron Pollard, Bravo, Narine's stats, visual and skills. I should be selecting the "Keep existing and do not replace" option so I can keep the latest uploads and not replace it with an older version. Is that correct?

2nd question: Downloading the latest BBL or English county teams that already has licensed players from 2019. Does it overwrite or save it as a new team?
Wondering how it affects storage space on my PS4.
Depends how you want to do it, I think.

Personally I have always assumed that the international sides have the most work out in to the players, so I always download the domestic teams I want first, then download all the international sides and override the players I’ve already downloaded.

However I don’t think there’s any reason why downloading domestic sides after and just selecting “Keep existing and do not replace” wouldn’t work exactly the same way. Obviously if you want to replace them (eg you prefer the version in the domestic side) then you can use replace to do that too.

When you download Aussie / English domestic sides, the on-disc players should be treated in exactly the same way (ie you can just “keep existing”), it won’t save them as a new team provided that the team you are downloading has been linked to the domestic on-disc equivalent. All of the promoted teams on these forms (from wasteyouryouth, AGuyCalledKiko etc) are mapped correctly so if you just search by gamer tag, download those and use “keep existing” on players that you don’t want replacing with older versions then you should be all set!

D

Deleted member 185125

Has anyone tried the game on the new consoles (Ps5 or xbox series x)?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Has anyone tried the game on the new consoles (Ps5 or xbox series x)?
Yes.

I'd suppose that's not unexpected, but that was me just trying it on my personal PS5, not a work thing. I've only got a 1080p TV so can't comment on if anything is different visually, but if you have it installed to the SSD load times for me were ~20 seconds into a match.

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Guys can anyone suggest best Frame limit in settings for smooth gameplay ...
Is it good to keep 60 or 90 ?? anyone using this settings in Frame limit ? (PC USERS)

Also turning on Shadow hardening and shadow smoothing is recommended ? If it is disabled the gameplay looks better in my opinion .. pls suggest .

TheKookaburra

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Depends how you want to do it, I think.

Personally I have always assumed that the international sides have the most work out in to the players, so I always download the domestic teams I want first, then download all the international sides and override the players I’ve already downloaded.

However I don’t think there’s any reason why downloading domestic sides after and just selecting “Keep existing and do not replace” wouldn’t work exactly the same way. Obviously if you want to replace them (eg you prefer the version in the domestic side) then you can use replace to do that too.

When you download Aussie / English domestic sides, the on-disc players should be treated in exactly the same way (ie you can just “keep existing”), it won’t save them as a new team provided that the team you are downloading has been linked to the domestic on-disc equivalent. All of the promoted teams on these forms (from wasteyouryouth, AGuyCalledKiko etc) are mapped correctly so if you just search by gamer tag, download those and use “keep existing” on players that you don’t want replacing with older versions then you should be all set!

What you said about downloading domestic sides first and international later makes a lot more sense. Gah!!!! I should have done the same.
Thanks for your note though!

On the Aussie/England domestic teams in Career mode where the English T20 Blast is called T20 Slam, do I just download the teams by wasteyouryouth or AGuyCalledKiko and they'll accurately be linked to the on-disc (local) teams and update accurately?

I downloaded some Pakistan Super League or Indian domestic league teams. Some accurately replaced the on-disc teams while others did not. I don't know how to use the link/unlink function.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Has anybody else suddenly taken an abundance of wickets caught & bowled?

I’ve had almost none ever but suddenly two in my last match (One dropped but it didn’t really give me a chance) and two in the one before.

Just seemed a bit odd to suddenly happen but I’m not complaining.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Meep.

Hi everyone - I haven't been here in aaaages (more than two years apparently), but I'm finally downloading Cricket 19 on Steam for my fourth Big Ant cricket game and I thought I'd drop in briefly to say hi.

Hope this craziest of years is treating people well enough. I don't expect to be here much but I might drop by from time to time if I have any questions, etc.

villafan001

Club Captain
What you said about downloading domestic sides first and international later makes a lot more sense. Gah!!!! I should have done the same.
Thanks for your note though!

On the Aussie/England domestic teams in Career mode where the English T20 Blast is called T20 Slam, do I just download the teams by wasteyouryouth or AGuyCalledKiko and they'll accurately be linked to the on-disc (local) teams and update accurately?

I downloaded some Pakistan Super League or Indian domestic league teams. Some accurately replaced the on-disc teams while others did not. I don't know how to use the link/unlink function.
Yes, it’ll work for the English T20 counties. For the BBL, I don’t actually think they have on-disc equivalents for reasons I don’t know (ie you can play it in career mode but not as a stand-alone game) so I would probably just search and download some good copies of BBL sides. I’m not sure if you can amend them in career mode.

Users who are viewing this thread