Cricket 19 General Discussion

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
New settings video post the 1.17 patch. An in-depth look at Test Match setting which I found to be most realistic and challenging. Let me know what you guys think.
can u give a realistic sliders for t20 and limited overs plz

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If you watched the video he says he might do that. However it seems to me like a lot of work so we need to be patient.
thats okay .. i just left a opinion on limited overs sliders , since i play only limited overs all time :) will wait for his accurate sliders :)

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
New settings video post the 1.17 patch. An in-depth look at Test Match setting which I found to be most realistic and challenging. Let me know what you guys think.

Do you just leave the settings regardless of location then? I was having a quicker bouncier setting for tests in Australia and slower pitches with more turn for India...

D

Dutch

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Thanks for the video. I've used this today on a tour to India and I'd say it was possibly a little too difficult. I want a challenge but I edged three shots in a row (all with good timing), first two I survived as one went through the slips for four and the other didn't carry. Then my third ball went straight to second slip.

I don't mind it punishing me for bad shot choice or bad timing (but even then batters get away with it sometimes in real life) but edging good timed balls made me wonder how I was actually going to score!

Also, Ashwin started bowling 69mph off spinners at me. This can't be right surely. They're virtually impossible to do anything with.

Nack

Club Captain
Hi all,

I haven't posted here in yonks but I was pretty active back in the DBC14 days and just started getting into Cricket 19 over the past few months (and been loving it!).

Not sure if I should be posting this here but I have question about Career Mode.

I have been selected to make my Test debut in an Ashes series down under, and I looked at the calendar and noticed there are no games scheduled at the MCG or the SCG.

I've already figured out that you can "trick" the game into changing match venues by deleting stadiums from a team's home stadium list -- e.g. if you notice your County team has a match scheduled against Lancashire at "Lancashire Stadium" and you'd prefer to play at Old Trafford then if you delete Lancashire Stadium from their home stadium list then the venue will automatically change to Old Trafford.

So question 1: I'm pretty confident that if I delete Bellerive Oval and Manuka from Australia's home stadium list, then the matches that are scheduled there in the series will change to MCG and SCG -- although I guess it's also possible that the game will choose from the list randomly again and I so still might not get to play at the MCG or the SCG anyway? Has anyone had any experience trying to do this?

And question 2: Once you delete stadiums from a team's home stadium list, are you able to then add them back again? As far as I can tell you can't. But I guess I could just re-download the team?? But would that cause any issues with my career mode though?

Sorry if I'm repeating questions that have been answered already (and if this is the wrong thread to be asking questions like this).

Thanks in advance for any help. Cheers!

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't need to delete them. You can just change stadiums in the match settings before the test match starts.

Matty Smith

School Cricketer
Hi I'm completely new to cricket 19 and cricket in general so please excuse my obvious to you questions. Firstly the run rates change between tests, odi's,T20?? I've started a career mode from fresh with a rookie player starting in the grassroots teams my question is my first match is 3 days long is that classed as a test?? If so do run rates go down as I see it on some recommended sliders. And lastly I've copied mohammad sherry's difficulty sliders ( thanks for sharing by the way @Mohammed Sherry) as I want an honest decent challenge against the AI but as a new player to the game what would be the go to sliders should i change to make things a tad bit easier until I get up to speed with the game. Thanks.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Grass roots games will be classified as "other" in statistics, 3 day games, one day games and 20/20 games are all bundled into that category. State games and test matches are classed as first class games (although tests also get a separate category). If you're new to cricket, don't even worry about sliders yet and just have fun, you can adjust them later, and add Sherry's in later.

I've found the ramping up difficulty is more for batting timing and getting wickets as a player in career mode, doesn't necessarily make AI better. But there are some sliders to make AI a little more competent, but as I said just enjoy the game and learn as you go then worry about sliders. And welcome to the forums mate.

Users who are viewing this thread