Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW re: sliders

Some kind of option of save settings slider variations would be welcome. Then we could load up specific ones for different times.
Yes, I agree. Sliders are essential so that gamers can adjust settings to their preference. Slider setting saving is also essential so gamers can load it straight and start playing instead of keep tweaking before starting a game/career.

D

Dutch

The great work in the around the world pitch thread shows that different slider settings can be very effective and is in fact already a groundsmans mode...to be able to save and share certain parameters would be very cool.[DOUBLEPOST=1552120721][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way : say sliders twenty times.....it sounds really wierd after that.....

dawg456

Club Cricketer
Will animations such as batting styles. How cool will it be if there is like 8 styles to choose from. And same for the bowling actions
Im pretty sure they've motion captured more players so we will have more animations. But it'd be pretty cool if we could select which animation we would want for each shot when creating our career. For eg: bairstows stance, roots drive and smiths glance and so on

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The great work in the around the world pitch thread shows that different slider settings can be very effective and is in fact already a groundsmans mode...to be able to save and share certain parameters would be very cool.[DOUBLEPOST=1552120721][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way : say sliders twenty times.....it sounds really wierd after that.....
I do hope pitches and conditions are areas that's been improved anyway. While having the option to adjust them with sliders is fine, I don't think it should be necessary unless people want to make extreme changes.

Adding the pitch settings to the stadium creator would be helpful. I like to play random pitches but having these weighted in favour of a particular pitch would be better when playing grounds in different countries. When setting up a match a 'default' option for the pitch could be included which then draws the pitch conditions from the setting in the stadium creator.

Last edited:

AtOmX

County Cricketer
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Just to generally field some questions -

- Fielding has been a very high priority for improvements, especially in terms of reactions, throwing and movement, and there's lots of new mocap there and across the game..

:eek::eek: Awesome :cheers

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Is the career mode improvement only restrict to your own career player or is applicable to all the npc players in career mode w.r.t to improvement, regression, switching team etc? Had a terrific time in Cricket Heroes career mode and I can write a whole story about it, I started as an opening bowler in my jnr club side and along side me there was a bowler called PN Dykes who used to open with me predominantly an gentle outswing bowler with medium pace and there was alot happend in the next 5 years, Dykes was initially find it tough to remain in the side because he was slow and crappy so he worked on his batting, switched team, become a lower order decent batter and learn the in swing as well and when I finally make it to FC level he was coincidentally in my team opening it again with me with both swing and slightly upgraded pace plus he was batting at no. 7, truly a joyful journey wish that game had decent graphics.
Also plz tell that player development is based on dbc14 model and not like dbc17 or ashes based skill allotment[DOUBLEPOST=1552127539][/DOUBLEPOST]Wishing that you can customize your player bowling style like choosing run up style, pre release animation, releasing animations and follow through

Last edited:

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Is the career mode improvement only restrict to your own career player or is applicable to all the npc players in career mode w.r.t to improvement, regression, switching team etc? Also plz tell that player development is based on dbc14 model and not like dbc17 or ashes based skill allotment[DOUBLEPOST=1552127539][/DOUBLEPOST]Wishing that you can customize your player bowling style like choosing run up style, pre release animation, releasing animations and follow through
Yeah progression should always be based on your achievements, score 50 get x points, score 100 get xx points....

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Yeah progression should always be based on your achievements, score 50 get x points, score 100 get xx points....
No I mean successfully hitting a cover drive for four will increase your attributes, bowling an out swinger resulting in edge again boost your outswing rating just like it was in dbc14

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
No I mean successfully hitting a cover drive for four will increase your attributes, bowling an out swinger resulting in edge again boost your outswing rating just like it was in dbc14
ahh yes been so long since DBC14 -- yes I agree with u on that

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Adding the pitch settings to the stadium creator would be helpful. I like to play random pitches but having these weighted in favour of a particular pitch would be better when playing grounds in different countries. When setting up a match a 'default' option for the pitch could be included which then draws the pitch conditions from the setting in the stadium creator.
+1, yes

A

Ankush978

Fi

- Fielding has been a very high priority for improvements, especially in terms of reactions, throwing and movement, and there's lots of new mocap there and across the game. You would have seen some of the new wicketkeeper movements in the screenshots so far.
- There's been work on improving cameras, I personally use a newly added camera as the one I use for the 'Fielding Camera'.
- I can't give any details on an academy release, or PC System Requirements, or the supported features/resolutions/frame rates on console at this stage.

I'm sure I've addressed this in the past, but there was no different broadcast camera in the ground training - it was simply the normal broadcast camera from the game, but acted differently because there was a bowling machine rather than a bowler - so the camera was fixed before the machine released the ball. There were 'Fixed' cameras added to Ashes to try and emulate that while having an actual bowler.

We have sliders in the game because there are not defaults that can suit everyone. Without discussing specifics - I think you will be increasingly disappointed if you want no sliders.

Yes.

Can I acknowledge and note the request in a way that means no one takes any inference on my answer? If not, I'll go with 'say nothing'.
Fielding really needs attention please look into the drop catches with weird animation too manny dropped catches right now just hope cricket 19 does not have these dropped catches as nowdays all teams fielding are very few may be 1 or 2 still its rare in odi and t20
But not easy catches dropped should be avoided in cricket 19.
Also the super human closing fielders is not realistic and to spin bowling keeper drops catches when kept up online and offline he is superman catches everything.

A

Ankush978

Hope cricket 19 has some benifits where we can invests our xp points which are of no use.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan

- Fielding has been a very high priority for improvements, especially in terms of reactions, throwing and movement, and there's lots of new mocap there and across the game. You would have seen some of the new wicketkeeper movements in the screenshots so far.
- There's been work on improving cameras, I personally use a newly added camera as the one I use for the 'Fielding Camera'.
- I can't give any details on an academy release, or PC System Requirements, or the supported features/resolutions/frame rates on console at this stage.

I'm sure I've addressed this in the past, but there was no different broadcast camera in the ground training - it was simply the normal broadcast camera from the game, but acted differently because there was a bowling machine rather than a bowler - so the camera was fixed before the machine released the ball. There were 'Fixed' cameras added to Ashes to try and emulate that while having an actual bowler.

We have sliders in the game because there are not defaults that can suit everyone. Without discussing specifics - I think you will be increasingly disappointed if you want no sliders.

Yes.

Can I acknowledge and note the request in a way that means no one takes any inference on my answer? If not, I'll go with 'say nothing'.

Are field settings still determined by the same system, i.e. predetermined positions/dots on the field radar, or is there a change of some sort? Has there at least been an increase in the positions where we can place fielders? I understand you might not be able to address this with specificity. I think more positions on the ground to place our fielders might be a welcome addition.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I do hope pitches and conditions are areas that's been improved anyway. While having the option to adjust them with sliders is fine, I don't think it should be necessary unless people want to make extreme changes.

yeah, that would be quality to be able to set the "pitch bias", and also the "weather bias" of the stadiums to reflect differences across and within countries.

my other priorities would be on the AI side, the variation I've always spoken of.

whereas at the moment we have bowler type and mentality, it would be nice to have sub-types and define stock balls.

for spinners if we could set whether they are orthodox or mystery, this would affect how they mix it up and hopefully avoid the over-emphasis on wronguns/doosras for "aggressive" spinners.

similarly for the faster bowlers if we can set whether they are predominately swing or seam, and again their stock ball/default length...

things that give us variation are absolutely key

Ramz44444

School Cricketer
Tv presentation.. little stats popping up... my kind of thing..
Yeah I really hope there is a sense of occasion this time around although it's not the most important thing but it's the little things e.g. players shaking hands after the game instead of nothing, batsman having a chat in between overs, showing stats here and then, captain setting up the field, celebrations(choice), fielding team doing a huddle before the start of an innings, bowlers reaction after taking a wicket or getting hit for a boundary, i think it just lifts the mood up a lil and gets you in the game a little more, I know some would disagree, but would please me to see more of a TV presentation but ofcourse gameplay is the priority as always but would love to see these things implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread