Cricket 19 General Discussion

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
The only stat you need to know is 17.4m

I've always found it funny that people bang on about such a small margin compared to the total registered voters, particularly given the amount of lies that were allowed to be spread during the referendum. It'd be like Australian's responding to the underarm incident with "yeah, but 235 mate". At least we only lost our honour that day...

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
@MattW why the stats tab for career npc players are gone? It was a terrific feature and also why there are no perks for npc career players throughly disappointed, looking forward for day 1 patch

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I've always found it funny that people bang on about such a small margin compared to the total registered voters, particularly given the amount of lies that were allowed to be spread during the referendum. It'd be like Australian's responding to the underarm incident with "yeah, but 235 mate". At least we only lost our honour that day...

congratulations, 282 pages in and you've made the absolute most facile point in the entire thread.

nzgamer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Im obviously not a game producer but I just have a simple question about this whole argument about the Day 1 patch.

The guy who got the game before release date discovered these obvious bugs eg. faulty run outs, 3rd umpire decision on the scoreboard cropped incorrectly etc, within an hour or two of playing it. Surely the people making the game discovered these in the months they were making/testing the game... Im wondering why didnt they fix them then and then, or at least put it down on a list of things to fix before discs start to be printed.

I agree with the points about day 1 patches making it difficult for a lot of users. If it is a number of gigabytes it might take me days to download this patch, people may only have limited data for download or even have to pay money for additional data.

In my experience day 1 patches for other games have been for extremely minor things, and usually for online multiplayer modes. You dont see big gameplay bugs in games like FIFA or NBA where I dont know, fouls are given out for random reasons which is in the same realm as the dodgy run outs. People will reply to this and say oh but BigAnt arent EA or 2K... I appreciate that and I appreciate therefore the graphics etc wont be up to that standard but surely with whatever product you create, whatever quality it is you wouldve at the very least ironed out the big bugs before printing discs.

If someone who knows more about the process/is backing the day 1 patch so hard can please enlighten us.

Good Question.
As a software guy i can answer this, so let's imagine they had 100 bugs they would have sit down and prioritised these bugs ranking them in order to fix.
Fixed the ones in time which they thought were important.
So when the game is in customer hand we think oh how could they not figure this one out, but in reality they did just that they choose to fix the other bug which we cannot see anymore.
Thats how most software/gaming company would go about it and line up other bugs for a patch

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good Question.
As a software guy i can answer this, so let's imagine they had 100 bugs they would have sit down and prioritised these bugs ranking them in order to fix.
Fixed the ones in time which they thought were important.
So when the game is in customer hand we think oh how could they not figure this one out, but in reality they did just that they choose to fix the other bug which we cannot see anymore.
Thats how most software/gaming company would go about it and line up other bugs for a patch

You explained it very nicely. Only point I need to add is that there is limited time and budget. Plus Ross had mentioned before that the final game copy also needs to be submitted to each platform for approval which takes some time as well. Plus with Big Ant's track record, we have always got a year or two of support with patches. So rest assured most of these bugs will be fixed gradually

B

Bigby Wolf

Would rather love to see some full stream test match played by the guys who love to play all the overs not like the online t20 ones - batting outside the 4th stump and slogging the hell out of every deliveries.

Haych14

Club Captain
Hopefully, someone associated with Big Ant or anyone with any insight can answer this. Was a little curious about the start when the teams do the anthems before starting the match. Is that only for Australia and England? Or other teams too? Would be amazing if so.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Ok career mode is a mess right now , my AI team mates went from 30s and 40s overall to 80s in just one season , no perks for my ai team mates even though they improved rapidly in just one season , there was a stats tab for your team mates in the printed disc version which is removed now , thoroughly disappointed so far with career mode because it could have been a master stroke point for cricket 19

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Ok career mode is a mess right now , my AI team mates went from 30s and 40s overall to 80s in just one season , no perks for my ai team mates even though they improved rapidly in just one season , there was a stats tab for your team mates in the printed disc version which is removed now , thoroughly disappointed so far with career mode because it could have been a master stroke point for cricket 19
It's almost as like it's not the most updated version yet, cause ya know...not supposed to be out yet.

TheHairyGamer88

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
It's almost as like it's not the most updated version yet, cause ya know...not supposed to be out yet.

That's crazy talk. It should be ready as soon as the last one is out in case people get it earlier than they should which is clearly BAs fault, but it still has to have all the changes made. It is the only way :rolleyes

JauntyM

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There are some new bowling actions. Batting feels much better. Graphics are a bit improved

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You're talking to a wall, this point has been told so many times, and seems futile. At the end of the day, how many people who got the game early by stroke of luck, really matter? Their negative review won't even be seen by many potential buyers. So, let them carry on!

Users who are viewing this thread