Cricket 19 General Discussion

sami007

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Was just browsing Twitter, all I got to say is that some of you are completely ridiculous. Constantly complaining and demanding BigAnt fix this and do that and how dare they release a "Broken" game. If you clowns have such issues and are so unreasonable and ignorant. Get off your ass take some programing courses, then go get some start up capital, open your own studio, get licensing and make your own "perfect" game. If not STFU show some gratitude for all the hard work this team does to deliver a Cricket game. People sure like to complain but then do nothing, no else is making Cricket games. Say thanks and help them make the game better instead of demanding this and that, take initiative.

Well said. Some of the complaints are embarrassing and cringe to read.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Excellent review @cricket_online I'm glad you're still pushing for that DBC 14 style backfoot leg glance!! Is that animation actually present in the game?

I tried my best but I wasn't able to play the shot and ended up getting the pull shot animation from DBC 17 and Ashes Cricket instead. Even if the animation is present it's quite difficult to trigger, and maybe some tweaking is required to play the animation more often.

On the brighter side, back-foot shots are fun to play. Now you can pull and cut spinners off the back foot which you couldn't in previous games and the glide to 3rd man is a sight to behold.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I tried my best but I wasn't able to play the shot and ended up getting the pull shot animation from DBC 17 and Ashes Cricket instead. Even if the animation is present it's quite difficult to trigger, and maybe some tweaking is required to play the animation more often.

On the brighter side, back-foot shots are fun to play. Now you can pull and cut spinners off the back foot which you couldn't in previous games and the glide to 3rd man is a sight to behold.

It’s in the game but infuriatingly too difficult to trigger

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

IMO I would trigger the animation based on height, i.e. if the height of the delivery is below the chest area, trigger the glance animation. Anything else cue the pull/hook shot. It looks jarring when a hip high delivery on the off stump is pulled to fine leg.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
In my experiments (only in the PC demo since the Steam release is still some time off), I found that the backfoot glance down to fine leg was difficult to pull off unless the ball is pitched very short. The animation and shot itself is excellent but it would be nice if we could have more control as to when it triggers versus the pull shot.

I am Root

School Cricketer
Not sure if it’s a problem with the game or my Xbox settings or maybe the teams I have downloaded, but Jimmy Anderson is bowling at 90+,sometimes 100+ with effort release.
Also the bounce is ridiculous, even full balls with pitch changes are going over the wickets every time.

D

Dutch

Just had a very enjoyable game as England v South Africa in the ODI Cup.

Batted first at the Oval and lost Roy early on, was 18-1. Batted on before Joe Root chipped it to mid-on, he was a run a ball but struggling. Was around 54-2 then. I kept rotating strike between Bairstow and Morgan after that and managed to build runs until Morgan was LBW for 32? and Stokes promptly followed with a Golden Duck. After around 21 overs I was 155-5 and then it rained! We lost 18 overs so had 11 remaining. With Bairstow and Buttler at the crease I took my time and exploited the gaps when they appeared. In the end I got 231-6, Buttler stupidly run-out. Bairstow finished on 159*.

After that I did the first 6 overs and last 6 overs from the South Africa innings. The first six were tight, 30-0. The last six they were chasing and it showed with them being much more aggressive. I took 4 wickets and won the game by 24 runs on D/L.

There are minor issues with the game, which have all been raised I think, so I won't raise them again. But I think some people should remember that Big Ant are not a big studio and in comparison to the other companies making games they're tiny. They've done a fantastic job and I'm really enjoying it. I'm going to check out Career mode next.

Also, it is possible to just have a Gameplay thread? This thread is somewhat dominated by people asking questions about the game?
What do you have in mind and I will set it up?

Shrimper

Club Cricketer
What do you have in mind and I will set it up?

I was thinking just something general were people can post scorecards/games done in play now/ashes or competitions and scenarios. There's something for Career Mode already I think.

D

Dutch

I was thinking just something general were people can post scorecards/games done in play now/ashes or competitions and scenarios. There's something for Career Mode already I think.
Done: will move your post there to start it off!

Reactions: DAP

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Going through the tutorials (learning is power) and I cannot for the life of me complete the fast bowling one where you have to hold either L2 (Slower) or R2 (Faster). Am I doing something wrong because the pace stays the same, or is it a bug?

bl8000

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So no patch today for xbox boys, hopefully tomorrow morning goodnight

Yeah I want to pick this game up on xbox but this isn’t great. Unless xbox explains some reason for the delay I would think (I hope not) all subsequent patches will also be delayed.

I can get it in ps4. Wanted the true 4k-ness of the xbox version though.

Amarkfu

Club Captain
Yeah I want to pick this game up on xbox but this isn’t great. Unless xbox explains some reason for the delay I would think (I hope not) all subsequent patches will also be delayed.

I can get it in ps4. Wanted the true 4k-ness of the xbox version though.
If its not here by tomorrow then idk what they are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread