Cricket 19 General Discussion

inzii

School Cricketer
Is there a way to increase the bowling speed? It feels like the ball takes quite a while to reach the batsman, a fast ball ideally should be testing your reflexes. Not a major turnoff, loving the game otherwise, but if this could be possible, may well be worth a try.

Amarkfu

Club Captain
The
Is there a way to increase the bowling speed? It feels like the ball takes quite a while to reach the batsman, a fast ball ideally should be testing your reflexes. Not a major turnoff, loving the game otherwise, but if this could be possible, may well be worth a try.
there is a settin for virtually anything in this game mate.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
The half pull and the cut shot are nice, haven’t been able to play them in career but then again he is a spud atm

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ok folks, I found out something rather interesting while trying to figure out how to trigger the back-foot glance shot. This may provide Big Ant more insight into the issue and may also help with other related concerns (line bowled by AI to left handers) listed in the Observations section below.

My settings:
I have the AI set at Legend difficulty with Bowling Quality bumped up to 55 from the default 50. And for Batting I'm using a custom difficulty based off of Medium difficulty level, and am using Classic control scheme. The games were played at Lord's and the pitch was Green/Dry and Pitch Hardness set to Medium.

Teams and Matches:
I played a series of odis against OOB England team (i.e. AI Bowling team is England) with various OOB teams (Aus, SA, Ind).

Observations:
1. It is infinitely easier to play a back-foot glance with a left-hander than a right-hander. In fact all of the back-foot glances I was able to play were with a user controlled left handed batsmen.

2. The way to trigger the shot is to face off against a right handed pacer bowling right handed over the wicket. Whenever the pacer bowled a short delivery (red circled one), I played a back foot shot with left stick pulled back and right stick directed towards fine leg. I found out that quite often the ball pitched outside the left hander's leg stump resulted in a back-foot glance.

3. Now this is the concerning part. I started noticing that right handed bowlers bowled almost every delivery on or outside the left hander's leg stump. Occasionally they might bowl an odd delivery on the stumps but there was hardly a delivery bowled in the channel outside off to a left hander by a right handed pacer from over the wicket. It was as if the right handed pacers were bowling in the channel to the right handers and didn't factor in that they were bowling to left handed batsmen and change their lines accordingly.

4. The right handed pacers bowled on or outside off to left handers when they started bowling round the stumps. And when they did that, the back-foot shots against short pitched deliveries (red circled ones) ended up being pull/hook stumps instead of the glance.

5. Maybe that's why it's difficult for right handers to play a back-foot glance as they come up against right handed pacers who bowl outside off to them and they barely get a short pitched delivery pitching outside leg stump. Maybe if a pacer bowls short pitched deliveries from round the stumps pitching outside the leg, they would be able to play back foot glances as well.

In summary, there are two items for Big Ant to investigate and hopefully address:
Item 1: Allow the back-foot glance shot to be triggered to deliveries other than those pitched outside leg stump. Maybe trigger the animation based on height of the delivery (chest height or lower) instead of just the line of the delivery.

Item 2: Tweak the right handed pacers so they bowl a better line to left handers from over the wicket. All the left handers I played with were able to milk the bowling and able to score easily as the deliveries were on or outside leg stumps most of the time.

I would love for others (@WealeyH , @blockerdave , @Dutch , @Rhone , @Llewelynf etc.) to try it out (maybe bat on Medium difficulty as a left hander against right handed pacers) and see whether everyone is getting similar results and there's a pattern. If these findings are consistent for everyone, it should make things easier for Big Ant to fix. I'm very curious to see what results others get.

Set Up Shop

Banned
I am finding the following cameras the best for an authentic representation of a televised game:

Batting:
Fixed close

Running:
Fielding 2 (I think it is). The running cam in cricket 19 doesnt match up as well as it did with the fixed close cam for batting in the previous game.

Bowling:
Fixed far

Fielding:
Broadcast 3

MBix

School Cricketer
Hi folks,

Been a long time lurker on these forums just making my first post now. I've read through and searched a lot of pages here, so forgive me if this has already been answered, but what improvements is the Xbox Patch bringing to the fold? I see on the PS4 version they have redesigned menu's which do indeed look a lot slicker. Another thing I notice in the FAQ in this forum it mentions no licensed domestic teams, it seems all my Australian domestic teams however have their proper logos and kits which is a really nice touch, except for when playing against NSW the score overlay on the screen really has been poorly designed as it's white writing on light blue background, virtually impossible to see.

Really do love the game though, I'm sure not all the Xbox patches will be this delayed, but generally in the past with other games I've found that it's because they're not passing some quality assurance checks, because it was announced last year that both Xbox and PS4 now apparently do same day certification passes for patches.

Nix71289

Club Captain
Was just browsing Twitter, all I got to say is that some of you are completely ridiculous. Constantly complaining and demanding BigAnt fix this and do that and how dare they release a "Broken" game. If you clowns have such issues and are so unreasonable and ignorant. Get off your ass take some programing courses, then go get some start up capital, open your own studio, get licensing and make your own "perfect" game. If not STFU show some gratitude for all the hard work this team does to deliver a Cricket game. People sure like to complain but then do nothing, no else is making Cricket games. Say thanks and help them make the game better instead of demanding this and that, take initiative.

Boy just FO and don't just think that because you are happy with the game everyone else also has to be!!

Yes the game has had lot of improvements. There are a lot of bugs too!! Someone who pays 4k INR has the right ask for a finished product!! Though the offline mode is excellent there are issues with the online part!! People who have genuinely bought game has the right to express their disappointment in seeing some of the bugs!! Who the F are you to ask everyone to shut the mouth?????

D

Deleted member 185125

Was just browsing Twitter, all I got to say is that some of you are completely ridiculous. Constantly complaining and demanding BigAnt fix this and do that and how dare they release a "Broken" game. If you clowns have such issues and are so unreasonable and ignorant. Get off your ass take some programing courses, then go get some start up capital, open your own studio, get licensing and make your own "perfect" game. If not STFU show some gratitude for all the hard work this team does to deliver a Cricket game. People sure like to complain but then do nothing, no else is making Cricket games. Say thanks and help them make the game better instead of demanding this and that, take initiative.
Ok Sir. But wouldn't it be better to post on twitter itself since this is a response for what's happening there?

Last edited by a moderator:

ROlson

Club Captain
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Does anyone know if, or when, the game will be released in the USA in its physical disk form? I cannot find this out anywhere and it is not even on Amazon!

Amarkfu

Club Captain
Does anyone know if, or when, the game will be released in the USA in its physical disk form? I cannot find this out anywhere and it is not even on Amazon!
I doubt we will get a hard copy in the us anytime soon.. best bet is to get digital

Users who are viewing this thread